[Holy]Stacking Mastery?

Hello,

First, I'm sorry if this question has already been answered. I used the searching tool but was unable to find any answer.

Here is my Armory link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Khalis/simple

Like most holy Paladin I did focus on my regen first, then started to stack as much Mastery as I can.
    I'm currently at 32% unbuffed. But when I look at some top holy paladin on wowprogress, they are all between, 24 to 28%.

I have no problem healing the content we are currently exploring (we are not an hardcore guild) but I would like to improve as much as I can, and maybe I'm stacking too much Mastery and should focus on something else.
    Any advice?

Thanks,

K.
    PS: Sorry for my bad English...
    Last edited by Kalisto; 2013-02-22 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    as far as I know, the only cap on mastery is a cap on how big the shield can be, which is dependant on your own HP, i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    as far as I know, the only cap on mastery is a cap on how big the shield can be, which is dependant on your own HP, i believe.
    Cap might not be the right term. Sorry...

My question is : "when should I stop stacking Mastery and focus on another stat (Crit?)".

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisto View Post
    Cap might not be the right term. Sorry...

My question is : "when should I stop stacking Mastery and focus on another stat (Crit?)".
    Well, the other poster almost answered this for you too!

Essentially, you have too much mastery when you are running into the "cap" often. So that is to say that a single heal, or perhaps your largest casted heal (Divine Light) followed by an instant (Holy Shock) is causing you to run into that cap, making a portion of your mastery not effective.

I don't think this is something you're going to run into very often, if at all, so I think it's fairly safe to say that there is no cap. (at least not one that is within reach!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Well, the other poster almost answered this for you too!

Essentially, you have too much mastery when you are running into the "cap" often. So that is to say that a single heal, or perhaps your largest casted heal (Divine Light) followed by an instant (Holy Shock) is causing you to run into that cap, making a portion of your mastery not effective.

I don't think this is something you're going to run into very often, if at all, so I think it's fairly safe to say that there is no cap. (at least not one that is within reach!)
    Great!

Thanks For the information.

The short answer: There's no cap that you'll reach (the cap is on your actual shield as others have said, which is at 1/3 of your HP).

For a longer answer, now that progression is done (at last) I'm looking at starting a spreadsheet hopefully with some more hard evidence as to which stats are superior (right now I'm personally going with the standard spirit > mastery > haste > crit).

For what it is worth, haste gives you only more HPS - the only component I can think where Haste will help with HPM is more EF ticks, and having to use less Flash of Light in favor of Divine Light (if moderately quick healing is needed). Crit is unreliable compared to mastery for single-target healing, but more crit = more infusion procs (which again, also helps mana by allowing use of Divine Light over Flash of Light) and higher sustained raid healing.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The short answer: There's no cap that you'll reach (the cap is on your actual shield as others have said, which is at 1/3 of your HP).
    So in effect, the cap isn't on Mastery but its on a variable basis of all other stats, due to the interaction of Health with the straight cap, combined with how much HPS your raw healing stats are having you do (SP + Haste + % modifiers) which you then have to decide if X heals in a row will put you to the cap, and if its worth devaluing Mastery below the others at that point, or if you're better off continuing with the cookie cutter for better EF blanketing and better results on Garalon style healing fights

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisto View Post
    I'm currently at 32% unbuffed. But when I look at some top holy paladin on wowprogress, they are all between, 24 to 28%.
    You can assume those top Paladins are in a top guild and the top guilds have a disc priest because preventative shields are so powerful in raids.

If you're raiding with a disc priest consider dropping mastery for haste. If you're not raiding with a disc priest then keep your mastery high, You're covering shielding that no one else can.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    you then have to decide if X heals in a row will put you to the cap
    Right but if your shield isn't being broken, then the X-1 heals in a row are all overheal which means you'd have never casted them.

Deleted
    Mastery is still the way to go so pretty much stack it up .
    You can also try to reach the soft haste cap that gives your EF an extra tick .

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Right but if your shield isn't being broken, then the X-1 heals in a row are all overheal which means you'd have never casted them.
    Yeah exactly, I'm sure if we had a Theck of healing this would have already been calculated lol