Destruction and Heroic Elegon

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3g8rd9oo7bpyccu1/

I recently joined this guild and they have one heroic elegon kill so far (last week). I came in first night and we easily clear ToES but hit a road block on Stone Guard. I felt like I wasn't doing particularly well with destro mechanics so I fixed that to a point for the next raid and did much better.

I really felt like I was doing lackluster on Elegon though. And I also felt like I could do better on stone guard. Can someone take a look and see if I should be doing anything differently?

Basically, I'm havocing the add (w/ macro) and chaos bolting elegon. On p2, I FnB conflag or incin (if I have no conflag charges) elegon to hit all sparks. I'm havocing pillars whether I want to waste a ember to chaos bolt or not. What else could I do to help my DPS?

Deleted
    i'm not entirely certain seeing as i don't play destro or 25man, but wouldn't it be worth more damage to havoc elegon and then cleave shadowburns onto him from the dying sparks?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    i'm not entirely certain seeing as i don't play destro or 25man, but wouldn't it be worth more damage to havoc elegon and then cleave shadowburns onto him from the dying sparks?
    The shield LoSes so I don't think I can havoc elegon with the dying spark. He's off the shield before execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    nvm misunderstood
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2013-02-25 at 11:15 AM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    The shield LoSes so I don't think I can havoc elegon with the dying spark. He's off the shield before execute.
    If the spark were off the shield before execute, then the orb phase would come to an end. Are you sure you understand what i mean? ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    If the spark were off the shield before execute, then the orb phase would come to an end. Are you sure you understand what i mean? ^_^
    OH Sparks... thought you meant protectors. Sparks don't give me embers back from shadowburn, so it isn't really possible to burn x3 with havoc, but I could probably do more with havoc in p2 than I do.

Deleted
    I havoc on elegon, FnB incinerate, followed by FnB conflag and a chaos bolt on my spark. If i'm running a little dry on embers i'll either skip the chaos bolt or the FnB conflag. Mannoroth's fury is so good on this fight.
    You can only really do one shadowburn off a spark, and with with no ember being returned from it I've found its better to just use that ember and havoc cd on a chaos bolt.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    I havoc on elegon, FnB incinerate, followed by FnB conflag and a chaos bolt on my spark. If i'm running a little dry on embers i'll either skip the chaos bolt or the FnB conflag. Mannoroth's fury is so good on this fight.
    You can only really do one shadowburn off a spark, and with with no ember being returned from it I've found its better to just use that ember and havoc cd on a chaos bolt.
    A couple things on H Elegon:

1) I agree with everything written above. I asked one of the tanks (10-man) to take my Charge while I ROF, fnb conflag,fnb incin the adds. But on attempts where I had to focus a Charge, I would do some fnb conflag/incin and then Havoc the spark and CB the boss. if Havoc was down, I would CB the spark.

2) Havoc cleaving CB onto protectors can be done as long as Protector is still in the circle when it is cast. My chaos bolts followed the Protector outside and still hit.

3) You can cleave Shadowburns off of the sparks once the platform reforms and the tank brings them back onto the platform.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez