Thread: WoW 2 outline

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Yeah as i have said (5 times already) I agree that there will be no WoW 2 because engine can be changed even for WoW


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    These people are minority No? (if im mistaken correct me) They dont play it like WoW (11 million) or other PC game like assasins creed or Starcraft.
    on this topic you bring up ass creed? lol

    Speaking to the people not in a fanboy frenzy i think most of us realize the devs are not doing that great of a job. D3 failed Sc2 is meh now they gave us a card game...yay?
    They made another battleground but still cant stop botting in PvP?

    They will milk WoW for a long time at least another 5-10 years. Unless there is actually a game that comes out that can pull so many subs from wow that makes blizzard say ok now its time to make a move to a NEW mmoRPG.

    Personally I hope there isnt another WoW mmo. I would rather see something done in the starcraft universe than wow2.
    But a company whose BIG ANNOUNCEMENT was to put d3 on Ps3/Ps4.... don't expect them to do anything other than what they have already done at an alarming rate....which is disappointment. There wont be a "wow killer" game. Blizzard will perform its own /wrist function in time.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  3. #43
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    on this topic you bring up ass creed? lol

    Speaking to the people not in a fanboy frenzy i think most of us realize the devs are not doing that great of a job. D3 failed Sc2 is meh now they gave us a card game...yay?
    They made another battleground but still cant stop botting in PvP?

    They will milk WoW for a long time at least another 5-10 years. Unless there is actually a game that comes out that can pull so many subs from wow that makes blizzard say ok now its time to make a move to a NEW mmoRPG.

    Personally I hope there isnt another WoW mmo. I would rather see something done in the starcraft universe than wow2.
    But a company whose BIG ANNOUNCEMENT was to put d3 on Ps3/Ps4.... don't expect them to do anything other than what they have already done at an alarming rate....which is disappointment. There wont be a "wow killer" game. Blizzard will perform its own /wrist function in time.
    So what if I brought Assasins Creed ? Dont see logic.

    These two games (StC 2 and D3) are not as successful as WoW but they have their good rating. D3 might be slightly downward but Starcraft 2 is very very popular game.

    Nowadays Lots of MMO games come out with better graphics and gameplay but none of them can beat wow. WoW was building for 8 years they have something special that keeps us playing. Introduce new in every expansion and draw more and more players. I dont see reason why we wont see WoW after 5 or eve 10 years later. They have been coming for 8 years without giving up leading position in MMO. What will stop him later? Engine can be changed and new ideas will always come.


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would WoW have to end at some point? Or why would there have to be a WoW2 after?
    It could make certain things easier like:
    - resetting professions
    - solve the "item squish" (problem that stats/damage/healing etc become very huge)
    - introduce a better graphic engine/models/world.

    People keep their old characters but awake in a brand new world. They were frozen in time at level 100 and awake in a brand new world at level 1. All the old achievements can be viewed as feats of strenght. Like a normal expansion you only have to create one continent. The next expansions people can explore more of the world.

  5. #45
    With the supposed death of the pc and with the next gen of consoles being so powerful blizz will have to make changes to stay with the game. Apple says hi.
    WoW has nothing special that kept me as a player. I am interested in seeing how many more subs they have lost when they release their next quarter/annual statements.

    So all the time they have spent building the game and they still cant stop bots? They still cant phase abilities to fix pvp balance? They pulled senior design members to make that stupid card game thats why you dont have any new 5 man content. Pandas Pokemon you think thats cool ? what are you 12? I put years into this game that was rewarding for players like me. BC was the last good thing they did outside of the DK lore.

    Achievements were the first step to say "no you didnt beat our game go do this pointless crap" instead of delivering REAL content like they use to back in the day.

    ESO/Archeage/FF are going to be serious contenders on the market not to mention a handful other great looking games that are up2date with the times and technology that people want. Remember what cellphones started off as? the craze was the smallest flip phones you could get now its phones the size of a small laptop that you can watch movies on. WoW is an old repollished turd. Yes people come back when there is new content but once they get that turd taste back in their mouth the realize its the same old turd nothing new. Which is why WoW2 does not need to exist.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  6. #46
    I would like a game like GW2 but in the warcraft universe.

  7. #47
    Guys, it is time for a blizzard renewal. Wc4, wow2 o something else. Possibly, with new graphic engines. Frostbite 2 and redengine 2 are wonderful in other games (the witcher 3 which is coming soon for example).

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I AGREE THAT THERE WILL BE NO WOW 2 just new expansion.
    Oh, yes there will be WoW 2. WoW is already outdated, so it might even come sooner than you would think. Expansions get you only so far and they can't update the engine dramatically. That's where WoW 2 takes place! It's most likely similar to EQ2, a lot shinier, but you'll be playing on same realms and with same people that use WoW 1. Alternatively it's a completely different game, but takes place in Azeroth too.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would WoW have to end at some point? Or why would there have to be a WoW2 after?
    WoW would end when it stops making money. Granted, that will be theoretically a VERY long time from now... but it will eventually stop at some point where the money they make isn't worth the server maintenance/fees.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Oh, yes there will be WoW 2. WoW is already outdated, so it might even come sooner than you would think. Expansions get you only so far and they can't update the engine dramatically. That's where WoW 2 takes place! It's most likely similar to EQ2, a lot shinier, but you'll be playing on same realms and with same people that use WoW 1. Alternatively it's a completely different game, but takes place in Azeroth too.
    What are you talking about? EQ2 is not just a new engine, it's a different game that's completely separate from EQ1.

  11. #51
    Dreadlord Annarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    997
    I like the idea of a major reset. Setting it down the line also lets people not cling to their old characters. It wouldn't work if they held on to anything from the first game. I think it more likely that they would end WoW on an upbeat note. Rather than a huge shattering that splinters both factions, I think that an extended era of peace lightens the burden of old alliances, and the ties that bind and separate become memories rather than treaties. The horrors of the world of warcraft slowly fade to legend as generations live out their years in peace.

    Undead all but disappear in Northrend and elsewhere, as they are slowly killed off, or, more frequently, simply crumble as the magic that drives them fades away. This includes the Forsaken, as much as many people like them, they are an aberration, and a frequent point of contention for any changes to lore. As the drums of war fade, the Forsaken are found to be extremists, pushing for conflict to further bolster their ranks. Shunned by all, they become reclusive, and, with no driving force of vengeance to motivate them, find that they have no reason to continue, and like their wild brethren, slowly fade and crumble. The work of Paladins and others who uphold the light and life, such as the Emerald Circle and Earthen Ring, heal the Plaguelands, Tirisfal, and all other areas that are filled with plague. Working with the Blood Elves, the Scar is finally lifted from Silvermoon, and the Ghostlands returned to their vibrant glory. Robbed of their support from the Troll empire, the Amani trolls finally settle in the areas they hold, and hostilities cease. While a small faction of humans strive to reclaim Lordaeron, the support is underwhelming, and aside from a small group in Tirisfal working to restore Lordaeron City, the areas remain wild and undeveloped. The work done by members of other races help to lift the mistrust and hate from the eyes of the Sin'Dorei, and Silvermoon enjoys a tenuous relationship with the kingdoms of men in the north, including Dalaran.

    Freed from the grasp of the Black Dragonflight, the Plane of Fire, and the Twilight Cult, the Dark Iron dwarves rebuild their shattered kingdom, with help from the aforementioned healing groups, restore the land to it's vibrant glory. On equal footing with their cousins, the Council of Three enjoys universal support from all of Dwarvenkind, and Khaz Modan enters an era of prosperity not seen since before the birth of Blackrock Mountain.

    The Kingdom of Stormwind grows ever more prosperous. The farms of Westfall once again enjoy the bounty of harvest. The gnolls of Redridge, cowed by the might of men, never stray far from their mountain dens, and cease to harass traders and other travellers on their way north to the new haven of Thaurissan. With the aid of the Violet Eye and members of the Blue and Green Dragonflights, they cleanse the corruption of the Emerald Dream in Duskwood and Deadwind Pass. This allows further travel through to Nethergarde keep, and the entire area becomes a new settlement for Humankind. The ancient outposts that the Orcs maintained in the Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands, become to onerous to maintain against the tide of Humanity, and with the war fading from memory, become unecessary. They are abandoned and fall into ruin, reclaimed by the swamp.

    The Night Elves, cursed with mortal life, now seek to bond with the other mortal races of Kalimdor. While memory and life still runs long for them, their xenophobic ways are already in the past, and, while working with Orc Shamans of the Earthen Ring to mend the corrupted, burned and otherwise suffering lands in the North of Kalimdor, find it in their collective hearts to forgive and strive forward.

    Thus arose the peaceful accord between the existing races of Azeroth, and while many generations came and went with nary a struggle, in the far corners of the world, new horrors begin to arise. The Mantid, Nerubians, and Qiraji, who for years had gone unnoticed, begin to marshal their forces in their respective kingdoms. Reports of undead arising in areas untouched for years, with the whisper of a Banshee Queen on the tongues of the people begin to spread. And, while quiet for years, the Dark Portal begins to shudder and surge, as the world known as Draenor begins to finally crumble for good. Who can say what unknown horrors may flee that dying world for the glowing gem that is Azeroth, and what effect the link of the Dark Portal will have on our world, as the world known as Draenor self-destructs...

    TL;DR: Game of thrones, except with more demons.

  12. #52
    If there ever comes a WoW 2 or a reset, then I would remove flying mounts. I love the looks of flying mounts, but I miss the sense of exploration. The sense of accomplishment I had when I had to travel all over the world to places where I had never been to fullfill quests. On a flying mount they are not the same. Flying in a diagonal line isnt the same as riding through several zones to the place you need to go.

    Furthermore, flying removes the excitement of encountering the opposing faction in the gameworld. I remember entering the contested zone in Ashenvale on my nightelf and seeing a shaman in ghostwolf form running through the wilderness. Its scared the ! out of me. I thought he was coming for me. Currently you simply take to the skies and you are out of reach. Flying kills the excitement of playing on a pvp server.

    I love the convenience and the looks of flying mounts, but in the end it hasnt made the game better, it killed certain vital aspects of the game that we didnt knew they were that important for us.
    Last edited by Mayden; 2013-04-30 at 10:50 AM.

  13. #53
    World of Warcraft II: World Harder

    World of Warcraft: The Warcraftening

    Warcraft: Revenge of the Warcraft

    Call Metzen. Hire a writer. We have winners here, folks. It'll open with a cinematic of our character, graciously imported with internet technology, being awoken by an alarm clock.
    Last edited by Gnarles Malarkey; 2013-04-30 at 10:48 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by llandrywyn View Post
    The fact that there will never, at least according to the statements of Blizzard staff members, be a WoW 2 is, in my opinion, the factor most likely to actually bring about the decline of the game. Even when the game originally went into Beta, the engine was already four years old (development cycle); it is now 12 year old, and showing its age badly >.>
    WoW HAS updated their graphics some. When I first started playing, in BC, my computer pushed WoW fine. Even on a relatively high pop server during 25 mans with tons of sparkles and crap. I -had- to upgrade this year, my computer would barely push the mop areas. People fail to realize that the game isn't ment to look like a Korean MMO, or super realistic. It's supposed to be cartoony. That's what the warcraft franchise looks like. I think that a lot of times people who've played this game, a lot of them never played Warcraft I-III. If you have a decent computer, and it doesn't even have to be a top of the line gaming computer, just decent, you can push WoW on ultra and it's VERY pretty, even for a cartoony type game.

  15. #55
    Mechagnome Thulyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Norway.
    Posts
    532
    Never, NEVER GET WoW2. Not yet... They still make billions from this WoW, why change. Don't fix something thats not broken.

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by KazWiz View Post
    Never, NEVER GET WoW2. Not yet... They still make billions from this WoW, why change. Don't fix something thats not broken.
    Eventually they will have to update the system to get new gameplay, new story tools and update the engine. I think they will probably get another expansion out of the current engine, but hopefully they are working on a new engine and a new MMO for us to continue to enjoy.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week The Fappening; jennifer lawrence's private images leaked all over the internet?

  17. #57
    Mechagnome Thulyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Norway.
    Posts
    532
    Ofcourse they will. They will get many more expansions if you ask me. But ofcourse over time a new game has to come. But like i said, don't fix something that's not broken. And to be honest, i don't see a World of Warcraft 2 in the future, or any time nearby. =)

  18. #58
    Eh this is a pretty good idea, but here's what is really going to happen(in a nutshell). Blizzard is letting its subs go down because over the course of the next 3 expansions they will do and their project "Titan" they are going to usher in an unprecedented amount of subs and profit. Why do I say this? Because blizzard is one of the best if not THE best mmo producer in the market and they are notorious for withholding information from us for as long as possible. Well how about this, exp 1 and exp 2 both go up 5 cap lvls and continue to play out the story line, an intense war about to happen, and no end in sight. After these comes announcement of exp 3, exp 3 will be the most expansive end game content they have ever done for the game still capped at one hundred, and culminating the destruction of the world of warcraft, but there is a sweet sweet twist to this. "Titan" is announced shortly after, but, Titan, is just wow 2: generic Titan title, that will be set 500-800 years in the future, the land mangled from the war of the final expansion of the world of Warcraft, which could set a fantastic achievement for end gamers of the final exp, because you could fight to achieve one of the surviving blood lines. The world is a completely different landscape, made up of the same races as before, a few will be wiped out tho, there will be 3 factions, the old gods, the titans, and another faction that has emerged, the 3 will be vying for control, reinventing our pvp system again and restarting the cap back to 60, maybe even 50, it will be a sand box type game for race, so you will choose your race and create your own allegiance to each alliance as you wish, however there will be majority segregation of race/class to faction, but you will still have the choice as to which side you are on. Quests will be reinvented, a few of the surviving members of Npc families will still exist, possibly a new race and or class? I would hope for more emphasis on guild progression myself. But I definetly see this as a viable option, exp 5 released fall 2014, exp 6 winter 2015, exp 7 spring 2017, wow 2 2018? We won't see "Titan" for 5-6 years but I will be very surprised if this isn't exactly what blizzard is doing, it's definetly what I would be doing if I were them.

    Infracted. Please don't necro old threads.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2013-09-24 at 02:57 PM.

  19. #59
    Over 9000! Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    He is not dead yet ... As i said above it was just 1 theory. The guy leading army to World Tree could be someone else it doesnt matter. I just mentioned garroshh cz his bad guy! The main thing I wanted to say is 3rd faction, Shattered azeroth and completely devastated Horde and Alliance who "rebuilding" once again! A new page for wow !
    He'll turn out to have long since been killed and replaced by a Faceless One. Calling it now. They are going to Major Samuelson his ass.

  20. #60
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoova27 View Post
    Eh this is a pretty good idea, but here's what is really going to happen(in a nutshell). Blizzard is letting its subs go down because over the course of the next 3 expansions they will do and their project "Titan" they are going to usher in an unprecedented amount of subs and profit. Why do I say this? Because blizzard is one of the best if not THE best mmo producer in the market and they are notorious for withholding information from us for as long as possible. Well how about this, exp 1 and exp 2 both go up 5 cap lvls and continue to play out the story line, an intense war about to happen, and no end in sight. After these comes announcement of exp 3, exp 3 will be the most expansive end game content they have ever done for the game still capped at one hundred, and culminating the destruction of the world of warcraft, but there is a sweet sweet twist to this. "Titan" is announced shortly after, but, Titan, is just wow 2: generic Titan title, that will be set 500-800 years in the future, the land mangled from the war of the final expansion of the world of Warcraft, which could set a fantastic achievement for end gamers of the final exp, because you could fight to achieve one of the surviving blood lines. The world is a completely different landscape, made up of the same races as before, a few will be wiped out tho, there will be 3 factions, the old gods, the titans, and another faction that has emerged, the 3 will be vying for control, reinventing our pvp system again and restarting the cap back to 60, maybe even 50, it will be a sand box type game for race, so you will choose your race and create your own allegiance to each alliance as you wish, however there will be majority segregation of race/class to faction, but you will still have the choice as to which side you are on. Quests will be reinvented, a few of the surviving members of Npc families will still exist, possibly a new race and or class? I would hope for more emphasis on guild progression myself. But I definetly see this as a viable option, exp 5 released fall 2014, exp 6 winter 2015, exp 7 spring 2017, wow 2 2018? We won't see "Titan" for 5-6 years but I will be very surprised if this isn't exactly what blizzard is doing, it's definetly what I would be doing if I were them.
    Ummmmm no just no....This right here totally not blizzes style and they'd likely give us an RTS in between...Plus they plan xpacs as long as it's profitable and for WoW and titan to live side by side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •