Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm not dead... so I'd like to think I'm breathing right.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You're also supposed to breathe through your abdomen, not your chest.

When I think about it, I do it right, but since that's not much time in the day usually, I don't know. I think I do it right, but it's hard to tell when....you can't tell.
    breathing through my chest feels unnatural for me and i have to focus on it to do so, so i do know that i generally breathe through my abdomen, unless i do sports (theoretically, of course :x).

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Well I'm not dead... so I'd like to think I'm breathing right.
    there's (fortunately) a difference between doing it in a suboptimal way and not doing it at all

as far as I know, most people breathe wrong, including me. I've taken deep breaths, that I can feel all the way to my stomach, but it's just not something that you get used too it seems

I auto breath so I think I'm doing it wrong.

This is a troll thread to make people breathe manually. Brilliant!

Deleted
    been doing it since the day I was born, Pretty sure if I was doing it wrong I would either be dead, or needed a transplant. neither have happened so going to assume im doing it right.

If your still alive then you must be doing it right!

I guess I breathe right. My abdomen rises with each inhale, and I do breathe deeply. But I am a "mouth breather" as I feel it easier to take deeper breaths, though I breathe silently. However, through many years of suppressing them during school, I can't yawn properly anymore. o.O Kinda strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    psh im an auto-mouth breather for life. no thread will make me change my wild ways.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    breathing through my chest feels unnatural for me and i have to focus on it to do so, so i do know that i generally breathe through my abdomen, unless i do sports (theoretically, of course :x).

there's (fortunately) a difference between doing it in a suboptimal way and not doing it at all
    how the hell do you know whether or not you're breating through your abdomen or chest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Switched to manually breathing as soon as I read the title >_< Damn you op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    how the hell do you know whether or not you're breating through your abdomen or chest?
    I really would like to know this, too....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    because a) it feels completely different - both from which body parts are 'touched' by it and wheter it feels natural or forced - and b) when my belly moves with every breath and my chest does not at all, that's a pretty good indicator :D

it's hard for me to understand how one can not feel the difference, to be honest (even though i know it's the case for many if not most people).
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-02-22 at 11:15 PM.

I don't really think about it or notice so probably not.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Is it possible to breathe wrong? I just read in a book that taking longer inhales and exhales, helps get more oxygen into the lungs and the brain. Oxygen that is supposed to be fueling the brain. According to the author the majority of people taking short breaths, breathe wrong.

So, how do you breathe?
    Every time you breath in you have a certain amount of air that doesn't engage in gas exchange. It is basically useless air. That amount of air doesn't change based on how big of breaths you take so if you take shallow breaths it isn't as efficient as taking larger breaths. However your breaths are regulated by amounts of CO2 in your system at pretty specific levels. If you aren't getting rid of enough CO2 then your brain will automatically cause you to increase your rate of breathing and take larger breaths.

Basically it may be less efficient but there is no correct way to breath in terms of depth of breaths. Unless you are exercising in which case to optimize gas exchange larger breaths are appropriate but people do that anyway without thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrei View Post
    I used to scare the shit out of my Ex when we where lying down and I would stop breathing for 30 sec to a min at a time...she would constantly look at me panicky and shout "Breathe you ass" ..this is while awake so its not sleep apnia, and I don't realise im doing it.
    Same kind of thing happens to me. I just stop breathing randomly for like a minute then start up again. It happens unconsciously and sometimes would make me gasp for breathe once i started breathing again. My brother used to have no end of fun mocking me for that even though its not something i consciously do.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    im still alive so i guess im breathing correctly =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

if you breath too much your blood ph rises which isn't necessarily a good thing (scratch that 'necessarily' actually)

Deleted
    Well OP, I hope so, otherwise I am in trouble. :P

But yes, pretty sure I got it right.

Deleted
    Luckily I breathe "right", lifetime of sports and theatre guaranteed that every coach/teacher/director I had made sure I learned to breathe with my abdomen. It does work wonders and makes a huge difference in sports and anything that requires me to speak a lot/fast/without a pause.