Can you get MoP tailoring broidery on cloak, drop profession and keep the enchant?

I know it is not possible with blacksmithing or engi since it does have a tooltip that says ''Require X lvl to use'' but it isn't the case with enchants on rings or shoulders/ cloak

Can I level tailoring to 600, enchant a cloak, drop the profession then lvl leatherworking to 600?

Seems like a waste of time and gold.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    As with blacksmithing or engi, they also need a certain skill in a profession to be active, so no, you cannot

not possible.

No, back in Wrath I swapped tailoring for Eng and the lightweave embroidery was highlighted in red, stating that you needed at least 400 tailoring for the enchant to become active, it never get's removed from your cloak, it's just unusable and inactive. I highly doubt things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I know it is not possible with blacksmithing or engi since it does have a tooltip that says ''Require X lvl to use'' but it isn't the case with enchants on rings or shoulders/ cloak

Can I level tailoring to 600, enchant a cloak, drop the profession then lvl leatherworking to 600?
    One: it'd be a waste of time and gold, as people above have said.

Two: the enchants REQUIRE their required professions at their required levels to remain active. Should you drop tailoring after enchanting your cloaks, for example, the enchant would remain but would be inactive, in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    One: it'd be a waste of time and gold, as people above have said.

Two: the enchants REQUIRE their required professions at their required levels to remain active. Should you drop tailoring after enchanting your cloaks, for example, the enchant would remain but would be inactive, in red.
    Damn ok, thanks for the information.
    Its for a twink, so definatly worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    Damn ok, thanks for the information.
    Its for a twink, so definatly worth it!
    Er... no, it's not worth it. Using profession-specific enchants on gear not only SOULBOUNDS it to the character who used the enchant (meaning that BoE rare/epic item you found would not be able to be mailed to anyone, not even alts), but, as stated, you'd have to KEEP the profession at the minimum required level (at LEAST) for the enchant to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Er... no, it's not worth it. Using profession-specific enchants on gear not only SOULBOUNDS it to the character who used the enchant (meaning that BoE rare/epic item you found would not be able to be mailed to anyone, not even alts), but, as stated, you'd have to KEEP the profession at the minimum required level (at LEAST) for the enchant to work.
    Still worth it for a twink.
    I'm leveling the professions to 600 on the twink

What level is the twink? It would have to be 65+ to get the training required for the cloak enchants from tailoring.