Deleted

Unleash Elements: Imbued Weapon swap!

Hello, I just recently began playing my shaman again and wanted to play it restoration.
    My build is using Unleashed Fury, so I wanted to make a macro which would Switch from my Earthliving Weapon to Frostbrand Weapon then use Unleash Weapon.
    --------------------
    Something like:
    /cast Frostbrand Weapon
    /cast [target] Unleash Weapon
    --------------------
    However like this the macro will keep casting Frostbrand, so maybe something that makes it stop casting Frostbrand if I already have my weapon imbued.

Thanks to anyone taking the time reading this and helping out //Orkanen

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostbrand has no cd, so the makro will keep casting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkanen View Post
    Hello, I just recently began playing my shaman again and wanted to play it restoration.
    My build is using Unleashed Fury, so I wanted to make a macro which would Switch from my Earthliving Weapon to Frostbrand Weapon then use Unleash Weapon.
    --------------------
    Something like:
    /cast Frostbrand Weapon
    /cast [target] Unleash Weapon
    --------------------
    However like this the macro will keep casting Frostbrand, so maybe something that makes it stop casting Frostbrand if I already have my weapon imbued.

Thanks to anyone taking the time reading this and helping out //Orkanen
    The game can't a decision for you. As you try to: "Game does my weapon has Frost-brand weapon?" Yes, do this, No do that. However you can make a cast-sequence.

/castsequence [@target, harm]frost-brand weapon, unleash elements

Deleted
    This is good thanks, but it still requires double tapping the key and if I get stunned between it will break the sequence if I don't remember to double tap, is there anyway to fix that thanks <3
    Last edited by mmoca2683b4be5; 2013-02-22 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, use 2 keybinds

Deleted
    Thanks for the input but I'm trying to make it so I have less buttons to push, not more ^^

I'm not too familiar with macros, but wouldn't putting an exclamation mark by the imbue work?

/cast !Frostbrand Weapon

Or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammoura View Post
    I'm not too familiar with macros, but wouldn't putting an exclamation mark by the imbue work?

/cast !Frostbrand Weapon

Or something like that.
    No the exclamation mark is just so that "activated" abilities don't get untriggered by pressing again. (Like old cleave/heroic strike for warriors, or traps for hunters while used with traplauncher)

If you want to makro an ability with a GCD but no cooldown, you can only do the cast sequence. If that's not good enough, you have to press the abilities manually.

Deleted
    What you can try is this.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence !unleash elements
    /use frostbrand weapon

If you are spamming another button than this one for example healing wave. Try spamming this button while casting healing wave. If the other ability triggers the global cooldown it will first cast the second spell which is frost brand weapon. After that it will cast unleash.
    elements.

Its hard to understand but you have to try and feel it how this way still works. And i wonder for how long it will be working like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hieronymus View Post
    The game can't a decision for you. As you try to: "Game does my weapon has Frost-brand weapon?" Yes, do this, No do that. However you can make a cast-sequence.

/castsequence [@target, harm]frost-brand weapon, unleash elements
    Actually you can. Sort of.

#showtooltip
    /cast [frostbrand weapon] earthliving weapon
    /cast [earthliving weapon] frostbrand weapon

This will just swap imbues without starting a castesequence. You will not be able to add the unleash to this tho. The advantage is you wont get stuck in the castsequence if you get stunned or w/e. keep unleash on its own key.

Edit: Upon further investigation this may not work because weapon imbues may not be usable conditions for a macro to check against. In that case you would need to actually swap your weapon that has the appropriate imbue on it. If you need a hand writing such a macro just pm me.

The macro wiki is kind of scary to look at but all the info is there and i would urge anyone unfamiliar with macros to at least skim over it. Its pretty helpful to reference.

Macro Wiki
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2013-02-23 at 06:16 AM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.