Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes! Blanket sielnces have been nerfed ag- Wait what?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Monk
    - Spear Hand Strike's silence has been reduced to 2 sec.
    Are you serious? I am a monk and I agree I hate blanket silences as much as anyone but why just spearhand strike that is getting nerfed? I have to be in melee range of my target standing infront of them to get my silence off but a mage range silence at 4 seconds is okay? If you are going to nerf it, nerf all the blanket silences, not just one of them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    nerf cs and spell lock mages and locks qq, revert it.
    lol we forgot about spear hand strike let's just nerf it because why not

we got another silence+disarm
    i think is acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    i think is acceptable
    At the cost of a fantastic stun, yes.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    i think is acceptable
    It is not a real silence. Can a mod please spell silence for the thread name? I am not sure how that slipped past me>.<.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-22 at 10:28 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yeah, this unnecessary. Casters are already dominating PvP, I don't see why they have to be pampered like this. Same goes for Ring of Peace, they made it absolutely brutal against melee (who are in very low demand for RBGs especially), but they make it fairly weak against casters. They should really buff it back to 3 sec at least, at 2 sec there's really not even any point to using it unless you're going to interrupt something. The saddest part is that this is basically a mage buff, since they are one of the only casters that have tons of spells to cast from different schools...everyone else has a little something, but mages have some very important abilities split between different schools... OMG someone is making a mage break a sweat in PvP... NERF NAO!!!

This isn't what was the problem with Monks.

WW monks needed this to get any pressure at all, and while it may be annoying for receiving classes, without it they are pretty shitty. They should've just made the silence WW only, because it was only over the top for MW.

Of course if you compare it to a ranged interrupt with a longer CD it seems quite odd. But then compare it to Mind Freeze, Pummel, Rebuke. Most of the melee interrupts are worse than Spear Hand Strike.

I don't know about the energy requirement though, if it's a major thing or not for monks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Of course if you compare it to a ranged interrupt with a longer CD it seems quite odd. But then compare it to Mind Freeze, Pummel, Rebuke. Most of the melee interrupts are worse than Spear Hand Strike.

I don't know about the energy requirement though, if it's a major thing or not for monks.
    Dk's and warriors already have a silence, pally I don't think so?And to do this you have to be in front of the target so I * miss* it quite a lot and waste my interrupt. It is avoidable unlike the mage/lock one.

It cost mana and energy but all interrupts are going to be enegyless/manaless next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    This isn't what was the problem with Monks.

WW monks needed this to get any pressure at all, and while it may be annoying for receiving classes, without it they are pretty shitty. They should've just made the silence WW only, because it was only over the top for MW.
    Eh our cc chaining requires us to be out in the open, other healers have as long cc chain as we do and they do not have to be in melee range for it to happen.

lol paladins do indeed have a silence a melee range one

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    lol paladins do indeed have a silence a melee range one
    only as prot pally. NO ONE PROT PALLYS in pvp.
    Anyway the silence is on a 15second cd, its more used then a CS

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    only as prot pally. NO ONE PROT PALLYS in pvp.
    Anyway the silence is on a 15second cd, its more used then a CS
    oh yeah i was thinking about interrupts lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    gtfo, you shouldn't even have it in the first place.
    Why so threatening? Fine take it away from me but take the other interrupt blanket silences away too. I am fine with that.

Your seriously saying a 4 second silence on a 15 sec cd was fine? Do you remember gag order? It might have been overlooked when monks were weak but after the mountain of buffs they are getting in 5.2 this is justified. Your interrupt is still better than most.

Dont compare it to other blank cs's on twice the cd from casters. Melee =/= casters.

Only thing that seemed wrong was the cd. Since it was baked into the interrupt, the whole thing got nerfed. Probably would have been better if it was another spell and they just increased the cd on it like dks have it.

Deleted
    Damn. This nerf will totally destroy monks viability in 5.2...

If monks only had some sort of ranged AOE disarm/silence on a low cooldown!

Oh wait...

Monks will still be ridicolous after this nerf. Dont worry!

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Damn. This nerf will totally destroy monks viability in 5.2...

If monks only had some sort of ranged AOE disarm/silence on a low cooldown!

Oh wait...

Monks will still be ridicolous after this nerf. Dont worry!
    Doesn't silence healers, and isn't a reliable silence really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Doesn't silence healers, and isn't a reliable silence really.
    I guess they nerfed it a bit since i last checked. Good

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying, but other people don't get a 2sec silence on their interrupt ability. If it was my choice, I'd just completely remove the silence part.
    And really, a 4sec silence on a 15sec cooldown? Gag order was nerfed because it was downright retarded, this is pretty much the same and it's not like it's a hard thing to stand in front of someone, especially not when they are focusing on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just saying, but other people don't get a 2sec silence on their interrupt ability. If it was my choice, I'd just completely remove the silence part.
    And really, a 4sec silence on a 15sec cooldown? Gag order was nerfed because it was downright retarded, this is pretty much the same and it's not like it's a hard thing to stand in front of someone, especially not when they are focusing on you.
    I agree, but WW monks are really lacking when it comes to being able to pressure healers. If you take ring of peace over leg sweep you have literally 0 chance of killing a healer unless they make a pretty massive mistake (stop healing for 10 seconds or something).