Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Destro Stat Priority

    I've recently brought my warlock up to 90, and im planning on doing some casual raids with it. Now, i was reading the guide here on the Warlock Section, but it says Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. But other forum posts i've seen suggest Hit > Mastery > Crit > Haste? Which is it?

    And is other stuff from that guide outdated? MMO-Champion's Destruction guide

  2. #2
    It's dependent on which lvl 75 talent you take. If you take GoSup then haste first. If you take GoSac then mastery first.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Undercroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bonny England
    Posts
    66
    Depends on which grimoire you're using.

    - Supremacy and service grimoires favour a hit > haste > crit > mastery approach. This gives you faster generating but slightly weaker hitting ember spells (chaos bolt, shadowburn). This setup is for single target fights with no cleaving

    - Grimoire of sacrifice on the other hand you want hit > mastery > crit > haste. This shifts you into slightly slower generating ember spells, but they hit a bit harder. This setup is for fights where you can cleave.

    The reason for the difference is it all boils down to havoc. Ideally you'll be using havoc to cleave a chaos bolt or 3xshadowburns, so the harder you can have them hit the better. Thus on cleave fights shifting as much of your damage onto the ember spells (which you then havoc around) works out to be better for your dps that stacking up haste. Since there's hardly any proper single target fights this tier most destro locks keep with the mastery focused build to save on the hassle of needing to reforge fully for one or two fights.

    And yeah, that guide is a little outdated, though as a general rule of thumb (for the moment at least, 5.2 may change things): mastery is yummy, haste is icky.

  4. #4
    So for the casual approach, i should go for Grimoire of sacrifice atm, and keeping my Stat priority as you mentioned.

    Thanks for explaining

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    And yeah, that guide is a little outdated, though as a general rule of thumb (for the moment at least, 5.2 may change things): mastery is yummy, haste is icky.
    And where are the cleave fights. where your dps will bring the kill? only relevant cleave is stoneguard. Maybe you can "cheat" the meters at council, but they will heal up to 100% every time you kill one of the members. wasted dps.

  6. #6
    And where are the cleave fights. where your dps will bring the kill? only relevant cleave is stoneguard. Maybe you can "cheat" the meters at council, but they will heal up to 100% every time you kill one of the members. wasted dps.
    Fights with meaningful cleave:
    Stoneguard
    H SpiritKings
    Elegon
    Will of the Emperor
    Garalon
    Wind Lord
    Empress
    Sha of Fear

    All these fights have at least 2 targets where cleaving is effective dps. Destro has a neat advantage of being able to cleave on targets far away from each other.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Contesto View Post
    And where are the cleave fights. where your dps will bring the kill? only relevant cleave is stoneguard. Maybe you can "cheat" the meters at council, but they will heal up to 100% every time you kill one of the members. wasted dps.
    Oh, that's pretty much all fights this tier.

    Heroic feng: Havoc feng, SB on adds.
    Heroic Kings: Havoc on spawned boss when your current target is at 20%, 3 quick SB's. Beware of shields though.
    Elegon: Obvious applications here.
    Will of emps normal and hc: Havoc adds either for ember generation or havoc one of the bosses for some SB'ing.

    HoF: Vizier you can havoc on the last platform for some extra embers.
    Garalon: Havoc legs/body
    Wind Lord: Havoc boss with SB on low HP adds or on 2 different adds for more embers.
    Amber shaper: Havoc heaven here
    Grand Empress: Havoc on empress, 3x SB on the Dissonnance Fields and for the adds.

    Toes: Protectors, nothing but meter padding but still. fun fun.
    Tsulong: Destro is amazing on heroic here, havoc adds.
    Sha of Fear normal/heroic again havoc is awsome here either for extra ember regen in p1 since you don't kill adds or for meter padding in normal.
    Last edited by Isuldur; 2013-02-23 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Writing errors

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    This coming tuesday with the gosac nerf and the buffs to incinerate, the haste build with gosup (and observer) will become far more dominant in pve. I tried it out on the ptr, and its currently pulling ahead by close to 7 k dps (501 ilvl reforged and regemmed for both grimoires) Ive tried a few bosses with a pug in vaults, and have noticed on a few fights I was beating both demo and afflic numbers I get on those fights on live. So come tuesday, it should be interesting

    P.S. Sorry for going off on a tangent a little there

  9. #9
    Field Marshal Aids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    78
    How much haste are you running?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    This coming tuesday
    Wrong. Its not coming before the first week of march.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    I tried it out on the ptr, and its currently pulling ahead by close to 7 k dps (501 ilvl reforged and regemmed for both grimoires)
    Definitly not, your results are skewed. GoSup and GoSac result in pretty much the same dps. Like it is on live. (Singletarget, Multitarget is GoSac >>>>>> GoSup anyway)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Ive tried a few bosses with a pug in vaults, and have noticed on a few fights I was beating both demo and afflic numbers I get on those fights on live.
    You did more dps than other pugs, that must be a reliable source.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Wrong. Its not coming before the first week of march.



    Definitly not, your results are skewed. GoSup and GoSac result in pretty much the same dps. Like it is on live. (Singletarget, Multitarget is GoSac >>>>>> GoSup anyway)



    You did more dps than other pugs, that must be a reliable source.
    Feb 26 is the patch release date. march 5th is the start of the next pvp season.

    The rotation for gosup is very different than gosac, if done right the numbers are very close.

    I did more dps than myself, not other pugs.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Feb 26 is the patch release date. march 5th is the start of the next pvp season.

    The rotation for gosup is very different than gosac, if done right the numbers are very close.

    I did more dps than myself, not other pugs.
    There's still raid tests planned for Feb 25th. I highly doubt they are ready to drop the patch the very next day.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  13. #13
    Sorry for going offtopic but, isn't there supposed to like a period inbetween this season and the next where we can buy all PvP gear with honor points?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Sorry for going offtopic but, isn't there supposed to like a period inbetween this season and the next where we can buy all PvP gear with honor points?
    Haven't followed the PvP gearc hanges all that closely, but with the changes to the system, with introducing a whole new tier inbetween what we have + changing the ilevels, I don't think that will be the case this time.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  15. #15
    March 5 is the end of s12, not the start of s13. So when can be pretty sure 5th of march is when 5.2 is going to be live.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Contesto View Post
    And where are the cleave fights.
    Every fight on HC except Lei Shi and Blade Lord. Havoc executing adds is meaningful cleave that will skyrocket your DPS.

  17. #17
    With 5.2 Incomming, What Grimoire will be superb? And what will our stat priority be then?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    With 5.2 Incomming, What Grimoire will be superb? And what will our stat priority be then?
    Most likely Supremacy, and the stat weights will change based on the number of targets. If there's a target you can dump a meaningful cleave into, Mastery will likely be on top. Pure single target, Crit, Haste and Mastery will be extremely close to equal. I believe someone posted in another thread that the difference on single target was less than 1% between stacking each stat.

  19. #19
    Keyboard Turner saturna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    u.k.
    Posts
    3
    just a point about "supremecy"? ok we are going to be stacking haste, but it cant be haste ad infinitum surley can it?.
    so far i have not been able to find any solid information on haste caps for supremecy. ie:at what point would stacking haste become pointless and stat points be better put into another stat ect.
    hoping some of the matheads on here could possibly know,seeing as we are being levered back to pets bit would be handy info for the whole comunity

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by saturna View Post
    just a point about "supremecy"? ok we are going to be stacking haste, but it cant be haste ad infinitum surley can it?.
    so far i have not been able to find any solid information on haste caps for supremecy. ie:at what point would stacking haste become pointless and stat points be better put into another stat ect.
    hoping some of the matheads on here could possibly know,seeing as we are being levered back to pets bit would be handy info for the whole comunity

    There's no difference between Haste breakpoints for Sac and Sup. Breakpoints for Immolate can be found here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •