Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Hey, I played Sholazar on two toons and I don't remember Freya was statue or whatever. I do remember her in Ulduar though. Freya was certainly not a big part of Sholazar nor its quests. There was no Nordic theme in Sholazar's general scene. You are just nitpicking because you have no argument to make about Sholazar. It was clearly a lush jungle with nothing to do with Norse.

Save your literature lecture as I certainly don't care. Your "consice" argument, which you couldn't even spell, is longer than what I wrote. So you may want to check out the meaning of "concise", if we are going to nitpick in one another's posts as you tend to do.

Pandaria is NOT as diverse as Northrend in the representation of races that are not part of the dominant theme. Pandaria has Asian all over the place. Should I cite one more time, Chinese pandas, Chinese script, Chinese cooking, Chinese martial arts, Chinese landscape, Chinese architecture, Chinese music and so on. Blizzard went way over the top in putting Chinese theme all over the place instead of having a balance between old races, new Chinese influenced races and new non-Chinese influenced races. You are wrong in claiming Pandaria is diverse or has all alliance and horde races represented, unless you will claim 0.000000001% of the mobs is representation enough for diversity.
    Actually yes, Freya's quests in Sholazar were pretty much the key point of the entire zone. They explained why Sholazar was so lush, it explained a lot about the Titanic testing zones, how their crystal pillar worked, it even explanined a lot of the stuff in Un'goro. So yeah....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Old Gods existed in one paragraph of the Warcraft III manual, had a little background in the War of the Ancients trilogy, and that was all we knew. Their names, purpose, appearance, etc. were all created wholesale beginning in patch 1.9 with C'thun. Also, what the hell are "The Four Champions of the Old Gods"?

As for the Black Dragonflight, we knew the name of a grand total of one of them before WoW: Deathwing.
    We did not have World of Old Gods or Continent of Old Gods. Your point is moot. It was a small mention in Warcraft, as I take your word for it, and it had limited stoyline in WoW. It did not take over the game. Unlike pandas.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I played Sholazar on two toons and I don't remember Freya was statue or whatever. I do remember her in Ulduar though. Freya was certainly not a big part of Sholazar nor its quests. There was no Nordic theme in Sholazar's general scene. You are just nitpicking because you have no argument to make about Sholazar. It was clearly a lush jungle with nothing to do with Norse.

Save your literature lecture as I certainly don't care. Your "consice" argument, which you couldn't even spell, is longer than what I wrote. So you may want to check out the meaning of "concise", if we are going to nitpick in one another's posts as you tend to do.

Pandaria is NOT as diverse as Northrend in the representation of races that are not part of the dominant theme. Pandaria has Asian all over the place. Should I cite one more time, Chinese pandas, Chinese script, Chinese cooking, Chinese martial arts, Chinese landscape, Chinese architecture, Chinese music and so on. Blizzard went way over the top in putting Chinese theme all over the place instead of having a balance between old races, new Chinese influenced races and new non-Chinese influenced races. You are wrong in claiming Pandaria is diverse or has all alliance and horde races represented, unless you will claim 0.000000001% of the mobs is representation enough for diversity.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:08 PM ----------

In quest texts and patch notes and blue interviews you can find that nice story, but when you log into the game what you see will be pandas and Chinese theme dominating the PANDAria and the mists of PANDAria.
    Yeah in quest text I find that story... And you do know that the quest and their text is seen in the game right..... Right?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:12 PM ----------

We did not have World of Old Gods or Continent of Old Gods. Your point is moot. It was a small mention in Warcraft, as I take your word for it, and it had limited stoyline in WoW. It did not take over the game. Unlike pandas.
    MoP isn't over, stop acting like it is. In fact just stop acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Actually, the only people who left are the ones who are too immature for the game. It's pretty obvious who those people are.
    Blizzard killed their puppies, so they hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I like asian theme because I can pretend I'm an anime.

Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    Read my whole sentence. My opinion is that panda is lore that's created pretty much out of nothing, yes that's how lore becomes lore, but i don't agree the way it was done, nor how they chose to base a whole expansion of it.
    Panda lore is disjointed with the rest of WoW lore. There is a clear break from what Warcraft used to be. Pandas could have been introduced as NPCs their their lore could be extended from WoW lore.

Instead suddenly we have a continent never heard of by anyone in WoW/Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah in quest text I find that story... And you do know that the quest and their text is seen in the game right..... Right?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:12 PM ----------

MoP isn't over, stop acting like it is. In fact just stop acting.
    Actually it's funny, Venizir.

Every poster on the previous page had very well thought out arguments as to how the Chinese Theme of Pandaria, and the Pandaren fit into WoW lore, yet the people who hate it continue to skip over it.

They're either completely ignoring it or the variables with one side and the other's opinions are so large that they can't find an ounce of middle ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Well that's maybe because u are an asian?

I'm from Portugal and I like the Asian theme. Your logic is as stupid as saying all the asian MMO players don't play any games that are based on European culture and art style.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Panda lore is disjointed with the rest of WoW lore. There is a clear break from what Warcraft used to be. Pandas could have been introduced as NPCs their their lore could be extended from WoW lore.

Instead suddenly we have a continent never heard of by anyone in WoW/Warcraft.
    .... Of course it's disjointed - the entire continent has been isolated for TEN THOUSAND YEARS. Just like Night Elf lore was disjointed when they were introduced. Urgh. Oh and again - Chen freaking Stormstout mentioned Pandaria in Warcraft 3, thus we knew it existed back then, which was before WoW was released.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Actually it's funny, Venizir.

Every poster on the previous page had very well thought out arguments as to how the Chinese Theme of Pandaria, and the Pandaren fit into WoW lore, yet the people who hate it continue to skip over it.

They're either completely ignoring it or the variables with one side and the other's opinions are so large that they can't find an ounce of middle ground.
    You'd better leave this thread before Killidan has a heart attack or calls the interweb police and tells them to go get his mean ol' stalker! :P
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-02-23 at 08:16 PM.

This guy at least got my point.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's funny how you two agree... You both have no clue and moot points.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

You'd better leave this thread before Killidan has a heart attack or calls the interweb police and tells them to go get his mean ol' stalker! :P
    I can't even quote him to argue his point without my argument being completely ignored and being called a stalker just because he responds to the same thread I'm also responding to. :P Immaturity at its finest, eh?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:18 PM ----------

Everyone on the previous few pages got your point, Haaku.

Every person also argued your ENTIRE point and dismantled it, and you continued to make others while they continued to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    The irony of this post is astounding.

That would be because Outland was a vastly changed place from Draenor.

Also, "Asian" isn't a culture. By lumping them all together, you are showing a severe lack of cultural understanding for the various influences Pandaria has from countries in Southeast Asia.

You mean like how Warcraft III completely made up Kalimdor, the Night Elves, the Scourge, the Burning Legion, "good" Orcs, and everything else they magically conjured up in that game that wasn't even hinted at in Warcraft II?
    Ever heard of European culture or African culture? It doesn't diminish cultures within those entities, it doesn't diminish Italian, French, Moroccan or Kenyan culture.

Asian cultures have lot in common when they are compared to outside cultures, like European culture.

I think it is you who has a clear lack of understanding cultural similarities and dissimmilarities. You may want to think about how you would organize world cultures into large groups.

Elves, Orcs are part of the same fantasy universe in several table top games and computer games as humans and dwarves. They already have a connection. WoW is quite unique though, thanks to MOP, in putting elves and dwarves together with PANDAS.

lmao

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever heard of European culture or African culture? It doesn't diminish cultures within those entities, it doesn't diminish Italian, French, Moroccan or Kenyan culture.

Asian cultures have lot in common when they are compared to outside cultures, like European culture.

I think it is you who has a clear lack of understanding cultural similarities and dissimmilarities. You may want to think about how you would organize world cultures into large groups.

Elves, Orcs are part of the same fantasy universe in several table top games and computer games as humans and dwarves. They already have a connection. WoW is quite unique though, thanks to MOP, in putting elves and dwarves together with PANDAS.

lmao
    Not really. There's an Asian themed D&D from the late 80's with pandas. Oh and TERA Online has these guys http://tera-europe.com/world/races/popori they are basically Red Pandas.

I can't even quote him to argue his point without my argument being completely ignored and being called a stalker just because he responds to the same thread I'm also responding to. :P Immaturity at its finest, eh?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:18 PM ----------

Everyone on the previous few pages got your point, Haaku.

Every person also argued your ENTIRE point and dismantled it, and you continued to make others while they continued to do so.
    I have to disagree.

lmao
    Mind showing such comparisons in Asian culture, then?

The only thing I think of with Asian culture is China, which I call Ethnic or Chinese not Asian.

Asian culture includes things from the Middle East, to Russia, to China, to Vietnam, etc.

It has one stereotypical image of lumping it together with just being China or anyone who's Chinese/Japanese.

Show how the culture is the same all around, and I'll understand your point perfectly.

Oh, also, in your point of Pandas not being part of other Fantasy universes, I'm trying to find it via google but I know of two other games who have such a race as Pandas, and no one was outspoken against that.

Also to add to this: your view on Pandas is the equivalent to my view on Tauren and Gnomes.

I find them both silly and having no place in WoW's universe.

But that's just MY view on it, and I don't vehemently defend it nor try and trounce on other people's views just because they disagree with me.
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2013-02-23 at 08:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have to disagree.
    That's not even a proper answer to the post you are answering. You might as well have written "Potato".

I have to disagree.
    Am I honestly going to have to go through the last page, quote you, and bold where in other people's posts they pointed out your points and then countered them?

Reread if you disagree. It's very easy to see they countered you at nearly every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrus View Post
    I don't understand people saying that pandaren don't fit in the wow universe. Please tell me how jersey shore goblins whose entire starting zone was riddled with being a so called "joke" race fit. How about the Draenei? Originally they were supposed to be a friendly race to the orcs then the legion corrupted the orcs and the slaughtering began. But when TBC came out the Draenei shifted to being space exiles of an advanced divine society, how does that fit into a medieval themed world? And the burning crusade is commonly accepted as probably the greatest expansion in wow.

The point is all lore is just created and arguing that it doesn't fit into the world the developers created in the first place is ridiculous. If they didn't want them to fit into THEIR world then they wouldn't be in there. If you don't agree with the direction of the creators then you have the right to not play. Airing your grievances is one issue but whining and arguing over someone else's creation is a bit childish.
    That starting zone is an abomination.

Retcon, I can live with, I don't mind the Draenei. Again, Draenei did not bring a real world culture and dropped it all over the expansion/outland. They blended in with the rest of WoW universe.

Your assumption is developers know exactly what will be a good fit into the game. That is a wrong assumption. Developers are not WoW lore nerds, they are paid employees in a company. There are many things that go on in a game company that would affect the outcome, but I won't waste time on that. I'll just leave you with greedy businessman Kotick, biologist GC, and Sam Didier, the guy who perhaps sways more influence than an ordinary artist since the big guys left for Titan.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mind showing such comparisons in Asian culture, then?

The only thing I think of with Asian culture is China, which I call Ethnic or Chinese not Asian.

Asian culture includes things from the Middle East, to Russia, to China, to Vietnam, etc.

It has one stereotypical image of lumping it together with just being China or anyone who's Chinese/Japanese.

Show how the culture is the same all around, and I'll understand your point perfectly.

Oh, also, in your point of Pandas not being part of other Fantasy universes, I'm trying to find it via google but I know of two other games who have such a race as Pandas, and no one was outspoken against that.
    I'd have to go with the Red Pandaman from TERA again. TERA is about as new as MoP, has Panda people, and yet no one protested. Now one could say that there's no reason to protest, because TERA has the standard JRPG thing going on, yet they've also got High Elves, which isn't usually something that's found in asian (or asian inspired) games, which results in the same clash.