Page 1 of 28
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Mists of Pandaria Asian Chinese style expansion

    Are you a fan of Asian style expansion? To me atleast the chines style very irritating. Dont really like to play in Pandaria. Only playing alts and some lvl 90 pvp. The chines are just so not fitting to wow.

  2. #2
    How is it any different from the other styles in the game?

    But I do like the look and feel of the Asian style in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not a matter of opinion when FACTS back up the fact that this is one of the best expansions they have ever created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    tl;dr: If you're going to post nonsense, don't post. Please just go.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But I do like the look and feel of the Asian style in game.
    Well that's maybe because u are an asian?

  4. #4
    Old God Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    10,078
    I honestly love Pandaria and the Asian style. Its really different than any other place in WoW, and it has a nice tranquil quality to it. I love just hanging out in the mountains near the Temple of the White Tiger. Blizzard did a really good job on that continent. Can't wait to see how everything finishes.

  5. #5
    I don't like how they based on entire continent on Asian/Chinese style, I agree its irritating.

    Inb4 Northrend = viking themed, only Howling Ford and Storm Peaks are.

  6. #6
    Finally someone agrees with me.

  7. #7
    You know what I love about Pandaria?

    It's all of Asia. We've got tibetans (Grummles), mongolians (Yaungol), Buddhists (Jinyu), Ancient China (Mogu), and modern china (Pandaren). We've even got the Klaxxi which are strange sort of Alien+Druid+Insectoid race that is unlike any of the previously encountered insectoid races. And then there are the Hozen who are... I guess an entire race of Frat Boys... But there's the Sha... emotion-manifest. Yeah it's probably old god stuff again, but it's nothing we've encountered before.

    Standing around in the Shrines... just listening to the music, admiring the murals on the walls... this is without a doubt the richest and most detailed continent in the game.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Kharli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Are you a fan of Asian style expansion? To me atleast the chines style very irritating. Dont really like to play in Pandaria. Only playing alts and some lvl 90 pvp. The chines are just so not fitting to wow.
    right
    Night elves=Asian inspired
    Tauren= Naitive American Inspired
    Worgens=British inspired
    Human=american(they are..)
    the list goes on.
    Wrath of the Lich king=scandinavian based.

    you don't like it, go play SWTOR...and really IT's a fantasy, you see that FANTASY MMO RPG!

  9. #9
    Pit Lord Knadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,495
    I said it in a post earlier but as fun as MoP is interms of its design I find myself really looking back and craving a more traditional WoW setting. Whether it be Northrend or Outland or Cata etc. MoP just doesn't feel like WoW to me.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Are you a fan of Asian style expansion? To me atleast the chines style very irritating. Dont really like to play in Pandaria. Only playing alts and some lvl 90 pvp. The chines are just so not fitting to wow.
    "Fantasy is a genre of fiction that commonly uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary plot element, theme, or setting."

    Where in that does it say that Asian overtones are not allowed or that it has to be strictly European-based? You should learn to stop being so narrow-minded. It'll help you in life's many endeavors.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    3,428
    I don't like the asian style.
    I also believe they didn't develop the "norse aspect" of Northrend enough. But maybe that is because i love norse mythology and stuff.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't like how they based on entire continent on Asian/Chinese style, I agree its irritating.

    Inb4 Northrend = viking themed, only Howling Ford and Storm Peaks are.
    actually almost all of northrend is based off norse mythology.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Well that's maybe because u are an asian?
    Like bionics said, where is the difference with grand part of Azeroth (and even parts of Outland) being European-influenced?

  14. #14
    i wonder how many people wouldve been going "ER MAH GERD ASIA" if the expansion was all about night elves
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Well that's maybe because u are an asian?
    No, it's not. I'm 90% white, nothing Asian in me. And why do you say "an asian"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not a matter of opinion when FACTS back up the fact that this is one of the best expansions they have ever created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    tl;dr: If you're going to post nonsense, don't post. Please just go.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    You should learn to stop being so narrow-minded. It'll help you in life's many endeavors.
    Really? Do you really think that if I dont like chinese style in some video game it affects other aspects of my life? Get real bro. It's not a sign of narrow-mindness if I dont like asian style.

  17. #17
    I'm pretty sure Southeastern asia was one of the few cultures that had yet to be represented by a WoW race.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Storing crap in a hole is pretty easy and efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I just spent 15 minutes looking at images of bacon tattoos. :P I think that's enough internet for tonight.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And why do you say "an asian"?
    Because it was just a joke. lol.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    right
    Night elves=Asian inspired
    Tauren= Naitive American Inspired
    Worgens=British inspired
    Human=american(they are..)
    the list goes on.
    Wrath of the Lich king=scandinavian based.

    you don't like it, go play SWTOR...and really IT's a fantasy, you see that FANTASY MMO RPG!
    actually humans seem more like medieval england, worgen like victorian-era england.

  20. #20
    Classic was ... classic.

    BC was kind of odd, the sci-fi element was a bit jarring, but it was the first expansion so "different" was okay and Nagrand and Zangarmarsh were beautiful.

    I actually found Northrend's art style to be really off-putting. The theme was undeath and dreary and they succeeded, with a bit of pioneer/rustic. Didn't like much of the music, didn't like much of how the dungeons and raids felt, didn't like much the way the player base ... changed (not so much which players, but how they chose to do things at that point).

    Cata had a lot of variety, from underwater to inside a massive cavern/plane, to islands of rock and lava, and cultist-twisted regions, and a mini-pseudo-Egypt. A disappointment as an expansion, but not my least liked expansion by far.

    I've quite enjoyed Pandaria's style, in part because it's not something most Western MMOs have touched upon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •