Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love the Asian theme. It's about time for it.
    I don't see Asian players complaining that most races are European themed.

I like the oriental style!

I wish there were references to japanese culture as well. If there are any, I really didn't get them.

I sure wish they would have done better the Egyptian theme with the Tol'vir... It is my favorite theme when it appears in games, but in WoW it was mehhhh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post

I wish there were references to japanese culture as well.
    Well it could make it more interesting atleast. Japan is propably the greatest nation on earth. They even have an Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't like how they based on entire continent on Asian/Chinese style, I agree its irritating.

Inb4 Northrend = viking themed, only Howling Ford and Storm Peaks are.
    Not sure what's especially oriental themed about Karasang, Dread wastes or Kunlai or townlong steppes.

Jade forest and the buildings in Eternal blossoms have an oriental theme but other than that it's not particularly noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post

I wish there were references to japanese culture as well. If there are any, I really didn't get them.

I sure wish they would have done better the Egyptian theme with the Tol'vir... It is my favorite theme when it appears in games, but in WoW it was mehhhh...
    theres some but blizzard knows better than to put much japanese stuff in with the pandaren and to leave it with the night elves. the Chinese hate the Japanese with a passion which is why blizzard had to change the pandaren from being Japanese to Chinese in warcraft 3
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres some but blizzard knows better than to put much japanese stuff in with the pandaren and to leave it with the night elves. the Chinese hate the Japanese with a passion which is why blizzard had to change the pandaren from being Japanese to Chinese in warcraft 3
    Well, there's a saurok Samurai, but i guess that's fine since they're explicitly enemies.

I like the game, gameplay wise but the Chinese influence is godawful and the names are annoying.

I really can't wait to go back to a more Western-oriented setting.

And Blizzard is on the record as saying that they mix it up every expact go let their art team be creative. That's why Vanilla was followed by the weirdness Outland - because they didn't want to make more things looking like Winterspring, Silverpine and Orgrimmar.

With Northrend, they did a good job mixing it up, but the big caveat that in their attempt to avoid making Northrend all frozen wastes and glaciers, they basically made none of it that. I for one, would have lived Icecrown Glacier to have been a zero-visibility, always snowing zone, rather than the iced-Mordor riff it was.

And Pandaria is of course, completely different.

My guess is next they redo Outland, as full fledged Draenor. That way they can do TBC "weirdness" with modern graphics standards, while adhereing to their decision to do connected new zones in "continents" again, as opposed to Cata-style zones, which weren't very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I like the game, gameplay wise but the Chinese influence is godawful and the names are annoying.

I really can't wait to go back to a more Western-oriented setting.

And Blizzard is on the record as saying that they mix it up every expact go let their art team be creative. That's why Vanilla was followed by the weirdness Outland - because they didn't want to make more things looking like Winterspring, Silverpine and Orgrimmar.

With Northrend, they did a good job mixing it up, but the big caveat that in their attempt to avoid making Northrend all frozen wastes and glaciers, they basically made none of it that. I for one, would have lived Icecrown Glacier to have been a zero-visibility, always snowing zone, rather than the iced-Mordor riff it was.

And Pandaria is of course, completely different.

My guess is next they redo Outland, as full fledged Draenor. That way they can do TBC "weirdness" with modern graphics standards, while adhereing to their decision to do connected new zones in "continents" again, as opposed to Cata-style zones, which weren't very popular.
    outland will never be revamped. the ONLY thing outland should be used for if used at all is the pre event/portal entry to a bl expansion. otherwise leave it alone the legion spans thousands of worlds and planets which gives them complete artistic freedom going back to outland would be lazy as hell
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    You know what I love about Pandaria?

It's all of Asia. We've got tibetans (Grummles), mongolians (Yaungol), Buddhists (Jinyu), Ancient China (Mogu), and modern china (Pandaren). We've even got the Klaxxi which are strange sort of Alien+Druid+Insectoid race that is unlike any of the previously encountered insectoid races. And then there are the Hozen who are... I guess an entire race of Frat Boys... But there's the Sha... emotion-manifest. Yeah it's probably old god stuff again, but it's nothing we've encountered before.

Standing around in the Shrines... just listening to the music, admiring the murals on the walls... this is without a doubt the richest and most detailed continent in the game.
    This is how I feel about the expansion too. I am loving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things to say, one on-topic and one moderator-ish:

1. I might be doing it wrong but I simply don't notice it a lot now. It's just where I play and I think it's lovely.

2. Let's be very careful not to stereotype and generalize in an overly negative way when making comments about this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    outland would be lazy as hell
    It would be so retarded to make 2nd revamp. What players really want to see at this point is a new planet. That would be Argus or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    It would be so retarded to make 2nd revamp. What players really want to see at this point is a new planet. That would be Argus or something similar.
    exactly although i think argus is a bit to soon id like to go to somewhere like xoroth the homeworld of the nathrezim.

I hate how this world is somewhat like a world in that it had many diverse creatures who seems to be from different areas with different style stuff and things. It's so annoying, why can't they all just have the same stuff and look the same.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't like how they based on entire continent on Asian/Chinese style, I agree its irritating.

Inb4 Northrend = viking themed, only Howling Ford and Storm Peaks are.
    I think only a small few would describe Northrend as "viking-themed." That is but one aspect of a continent full of nothern/scandanavian aesthetics. If you're looking at Howling Fjord and Storm Peaks, calling them viking-themed, then claiming the rest of the continent lacks a theme, I think you'd be wrong. However, because of Gundrak and Sholozar, I would agree that Northrend is less-unified, thematically, than Pandaria.

That said, I agree with OP in his general distaste for a heavily Asian-themed expansion. The stereotypically Asian archicture, music, linguistics, and so on, are all turn-offs to me. Ironically, having just criticized the game's music, I think it ranks as probably the best overall soundtrack of the WoW expansions, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Metin View Post
    I think only a small few would describe Northrend as "viking-themed." That is but one aspect of a continent full of nothern/scandanavian aesthetics. If you're looking at Howling Fjord and Storm Peaks, calling them viking-themed, then claiming the rest of the continent lacks a theme, I think you'd be wrong. However, because of Gundrak and Sholozar, I would agree that Northrend is less-unified, thematically, than Pandaria.

That said, I agree with OP in his general distaste for a heavily Asian-themed expansion. The stereotypically Asian archicture, music, linguistics, and so on, are all turn-offs to me. Ironically, having just criticized the game's music, I think it ranks as probably the best overall soundtrack of the WoW expansions, so far.
    i wouldnt say the language is stereotypical since they actually got native chinese voice actors

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    You know what I love about Pandaria?
    It's all of Asia. We've got tibetans (Grummles), mongolians (Yaungol), Buddhists (Jinyu), Ancient China (Mogu), and modern china (Pandaren).
    That's only half of Asia but your point about the tapestry is well meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Are you a fan of Asian style expansion? To me atleast the chines style very irritating. Dont really like to play in Pandaria. Only playing alts and some lvl 90 pvp. The chines are just so not fitting to wow.
    I for one welcome the change, so tired of pine forests and castles and shit.

I didn't say accent, homie.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest with you, I don't even notice it in-game. I just love MoP as MoP, not as "Asian-WoW."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)