Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    I don't like Mop at all, not that i don't like the zones, some are cool.

Vanilla was the first, it was where blizzard expanded the wow universe, based on lore they had in mind, wished to create. It's a huge puzzle. It's all connected in the end. Naming raid bosses that was created with JUST THAT lore in mind is not an argument. Rather you should focus on mop.; tell me how those little threads of panda existence in the wow lore justifies a whole expansion? I don't think it's justified, convince me otherwise.
    Because that is how the whole Warcraft lore have always worked.
    In The first game, Warcraft: Orc and Human, there is only Orc and Human. No old god, night elf, or most of race or lore, not even hints. In Warcraft 3, was the first time old god, panadren, etc. are hinted at. Then in WoW, Old god become the biggest bad guys. There is really no difference in how most of the titan lore, Old god, are introduced compare to Panadren. There was only vague hints and only starting at Warcraft 3. At least, a Panadren was in the game and actually played a part in the Founding of Durotar.
    Still better than some race/lore in previous expansion or classic that is pull out of thin air.

I don't understand people saying that pandaren don't fit in the wow universe. Please tell me how jersey shore goblins whose entire starting zone was riddled with being a so called "joke" race fit. How about the Draenei? Originally they were supposed to be a friendly race to the orcs then the legion corrupted the orcs and the slaughtering began. But when TBC came out the Draenei shifted to being space exiles of an advanced divine society, how does that fit into a medieval themed world? And the burning crusade is commonly accepted as probably the greatest expansion in wow.

The point is all lore is just created and arguing that it doesn't fit into the world the developers created in the first place is ridiculous. If they didn't want them to fit into THEIR world then they wouldn't be in there. If you don't agree with the direction of the creators then you have the right to not play. Airing your grievances is one issue but whining and arguing over someone else's creation is a bit childish.

Hey, yet another xenophobic thread. Is bashing Asia is in style now in US?

The first wow, thought you'd understand as much. No point to read anything further for me.
    You can't just take everything in Vanilla and ignore everything that came before it. It's like reading Lord of the Rings and ignoring The Hobbit.

Even if you did, that means the entirety of Vanilla was brand new lore. It was brand new lore on a scale that would dwarf anything in Mists of Pandaria.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

I don't like Mop at all, not that i don't like the zones, some are cool.

Vanilla was the first, it was where blizzard expanded the wow universe, based on lore they had in mind, wished to create. It's a huge puzzle. It's all connected in the end. Naming raid bosses that was created with JUST THAT lore in mind is not an argument. Rather you should focus on mop.; tell me how those little threads of panda existence in the wow lore justifies a whole expansion? I don't think it's justified, convince me otherwise.
    Just out of curiosity, would you bd okay with an Argus expansion? It would literally be the same thing as MoP...considering Draenei, and Argus didn't even exist until the Burning Crusade and they just literally popped up out of nowhere

It is not a xenophobic thread. This is a legitimate complaint from European people who prefer normal Western settings, not this Asian mess. I thought WotLK was a nauseating expansion, but this one is the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Those are also his personal panda drawings, not Pandaren. That aside, no, that's not a katana, it has a straight blade.
    I'm gonna go *way* out on a limb here and trust there is a difference between Samwise's culturally retarded Panda-people and his employer Blizzard's culturally retarded Panda-people which are directly derived from, inspired by and essentially are... Samwise's culturally retarded Panda-people. Ok I was able to do that for around 4 seconds. No, no there isn't a difference, and jumping through that hoop demeaned us both. I'm also gonna just run with the fact that around half of the katana-esque swords drawn by Samwise and his ilk do also have straight blades (this one is turned towards the viewer so no way to tell, let's run with generosity here), possibly they don't know the difference. Possibly they think "Ninjatos" existed. I don't wanna know either way. How about the sushi which wasn't commented on? How about that deck outside?

They shoulda just called it McMists.
    Last edited by mmocf55d4d4995; 2013-02-23 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Really, why start nation bashing? I'm from the us and I enjoy mists. Lets take your ignorance out of this thread please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is not a xenophobic thread. This is a legitimate complaint from European people who prefer normal Western settings, not this Asian mess. I thought WotLK was a nauseating expansion, but this one is the worst.
    This can't be a serious post...
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    You can't just take everything in Vanilla and ignore everything that came before it. It's like reading Lord of the Rings and ignoring The Hobbit.

Even if you did, that means the entirety of Vanilla was brand new lore. It was brand new lore on a scale that would dwarf anything in Mists of Pandaria.
    And i am not, but i have to admit that for me, Vanilla is what took the lore from novels, earlier Warcraft games and blizzards visions, and carried it on. Still i think of the lore as a whole. And pandas was for me, a very, very small part of that.

Keep in mind that i have never said that i deny panda lore in general, i like them. But i disprove of an expansion based on pandas.

Deleted
    Please elaborate why it is "Asian mess" its more structured then every other expansion to date, the theme for the expansion is used everywhere continously without stretching it out, because every different part of asia is used.

Of course now people will jump out of the corner and scream "DOOD ITS ALL FUCKIN ASIA". Thats like stating europe, scandinavia and russia are the same.

You can yell "the theme does not fit WoW" as long as you want, it seems blizzard disagrees with your opinion and made it fit perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would you bd okay with an Argus expansion? It would literally be the same thing as MoP...considering Draenei, and Argus didn't even exist until the Burning Crusade and they just literally popped up out of nowhere
    I'd love the final showdown against the burning legion, i don't think it's as comparable but i see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Of course now people will jump out of the corner and scream "DOOD ITS ALL FUCKIN ASIA". Thats like stating europe, scandinavia and russia are the same.
    Absolutely. They all share the standard European culture with insignificant differences.
    It doesn't matter whether the theme 'continuously' used or not, there is no diversity in this expansion, just the same architecture, doodads, NPCs, all of which is in undesirable style.

Deleted
    Absolutely. They all share the standard European culture with insignificant differences.
    It doesn't matter whether the theme 'continuously' used or not, there is no diversity in this expansion, just the same architecture, doodads, NPCs, all of which is in undesirable style.
    Sir you have a great opinion, luckily not everyone has the same.
    And I love how you push everything different in a culture aside by calling it "insignificant". North america and south america are probably the same for you too.

There was no diversity in Burning Crusade too, everything legion, diversity in WotLk ? Fuck dat all the same scandinavian stuff.
    Cataclysm ? Shiet its all the big bad dragon who fucked us up, no diversity here.

See what I did here ? If I don't search for something different or likeable or don't even try to enjoy it, you won't.

Deleted
    complete and utter ignorance at its best here, I see.

i think it's times like these we need to remember this is just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    omg with the stupid fuckers claiming mop is part of wow lore just because Didier created one picture of pandareen.
    Apparently posters who like MOP outnumber those who don't and are very zealous about crushing any opinion critical of MOP. This was not the case when MOP was first announced, I guess many real WoW fans left the game and MMO champ forums.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I guess many real WoW fans left the game and MMO champ forums.
    Actually, the only people who left are the ones who are too immature for the game. It's pretty obvious who those people are.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    US? Im from Russian Empire.

Sholazar Basin, much like Un'Goro Crater before it, was meant as a laboratory to be used by the Titans. The very same Titans that are clearly based upon the Norse Pantheon. Also, Freya wasn't a statue; she was the dominant personality of the zone. Devaluing the history and Freya in Sholazar Basin makes your entire argument seem weak.

A more consice argument would look like this: Northrend had all of the races of the Alliance and Horde, the Scourge, the Vykrul, the Tuskarr, the Drakkari Trolls, Earthen, Meachanognomes, Dragons, and Furbolgs. Pandaria has all the races of the Alliance and the Horde, the Pandaren, the Mogu, the Zandalari Trolls, the Hozen, the Jinyu, the Grummles, the Saurok, and Cloud Serpents. Pandaria is just as diverse as Northrend. You just can't see it because you can't look past the Pandaren and Mogu dominating the architecture, but can look past the Scourge and Vykrul dominating the architecture in Northrend.

Crystalsong Forest was barely a zone, so it shouldn't even figure into the equation here. It was a placeholder zone for Dalaran; that's all.
    Hey, I played Sholazar on two toons and I don't remember Freya was statue or whatever. I do remember her in Ulduar though. Freya was certainly not a big part of Sholazar nor its quests. There was no Nordic theme in Sholazar's general scene. You are just nitpicking because you have no argument to make about Sholazar. It was clearly a lush jungle with nothing to do with Norse.

Save your literature lecture as I certainly don't care. Your "consice" argument, which you couldn't even spell, is longer than what I wrote. So you may want to check out the meaning of "concise", if we are going to nitpick in one another's posts as you tend to do.

Pandaria is NOT as diverse as Northrend in the representation of races that are not part of the dominant theme. Pandaria has Asian all over the place. Should I cite one more time, Chinese pandas, Chinese script, Chinese cooking, Chinese martial arts, Chinese landscape, Chinese architecture, Chinese music and so on. Blizzard went way over the top in putting Chinese theme all over the place instead of having a balance between old races, new Chinese influenced races and new non-Chinese influenced races. You are wrong in claiming Pandaria is diverse or has all alliance and horde races represented, unless you will claim 0.000000001% of the mobs is representation enough for diversity.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:08 PM ----------

It has a theme of exploration, like Vanilla, and is the entire backdrop to a war that has major parallels with Warcraft II. Orcs and friends versus Humans and friends. Garrosh mirrors Orgrim Doomhammer just as Varian mirrors Anduin Lothar. The Horde pushing heavily and nearly winning until a faction splits off and betrays them (The Stormreavers and Twilight's Hammer in Warcraft II, the entire Horde outside of Garrosh loyalists in MoP). The Alliance rallying to ultimately route and defeat the Horde, at Blackrock Spire in Wacraft II and at Orgrimmar in Mists of Pandaria. Thrall is acts as foil for Gul'dan in that Thrall becomes the rallying point for the Horde rebellion much as Gul'dan became the rallying point for the Horde rebels in Warcraft II; the foil comes into play in that Thrall is the ultimate good guy while Gul'dan was the ultimate bad guy.
    In quest texts and patch notes and blue interviews you can find that nice story, but when you log into the game what you see will be pandas and Chinese theme dominating the PANDAria and the mists of PANDAria.