Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Do nerds really rule the world?

Personally I believe that nerds make more money and have far more powerful positions in the world than any athlete could ever hope to have. I understand having a mixture of brains and brawn is probably best; however, if you could only choose one attribute, then brains are the stronger attribute. At least this is true in our modern world, but I don't know about the distant past.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    In the past brains and brawn ruled over all because technology didnt really exist

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Google has the world by the balls right now.

This depends on your definition of "nerd", right?

1.Money
    2.Brains
    3.Brawn

In that order...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    In the past brains and brawn ruled over all because technology didnt really exist
    Yeah I have hypothesized that scenario. Brawn was probably a stronger attribute to have in our very distant cave dwelling past.

Deleted
    Not quite, depends on the country
    Corrupt polititans arent nerds for the most part and they sure well rule their countries, and the EU

Deleted
    Why nerds? Why not just smart people? Isn't the word "nerd" nowadays used for more than just studying alot, getting good grades and playing video games? Soccer nerds, hockey nerds, history nerds, math nerds, gaming nerds, dancing nerds etc?

Anyway, yeah brains rule now. Brainless celebrities still exist on the entertainment scene as they always have done but their "power" is fleeting at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Tall people usually dominate all jobs. just an observation i noticed. Kinda pisses me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    1.Money
    2.Brains
    3.Brawn

In that order...
    Indeed. Just look at all the people in power in governments and companies and ect. There are exceptions, of course, but generally money rules the world. Brains might help you get the money but the real power (poWah!) is having the funds. Heck, even brawn can get you the power. Look at the Governator. His muscles and brawn got him fame and money, and from there he launched into politics and had fun over in Cali.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Personally I believe that nerds make more money and have far more powerful positions in the world than any athlete could ever hope to have. I understand having a mixture of brains and brawn is probably best; however, if you could only choose one attribute, then brains are the stronger attribute. At least this is true in our modern world, but I don't know about the distant past.
    By 'nerd', you presumably mean intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Money rules the world. Brawn will make you lots of money if you have more of it than pretty much everyone else on the planet as well as an insane dedication to whatever athletic undertaking you've chosen. And even then, the amount of money you make will be decided by the people with brains. With the right dedication, you can achieve success, wealth and consequently power in any field of work, if you're intelligent.

Yes, "nerds" rule the world. Or rather, ambitious and intelligent people do. And, you know, people who are rich from birth. They just need ambition.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Exactly like the poster above says, ambitious and intelligent people rule the world, i wouldnt call them nerds though.

Why would you want to rule the world ? And why do you even care ? It's not like it is something precious or anything. You just live, die and that's it. Accept that fact and you'll rule YOUR world.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Not quite, depends on the country
    Corrupt polititans arent nerds for the most part and they sure well rule their countries, and the EU
    When did the EU get into this? Are you implying that corrupt poticians are in charge of the EU?

Usually people already born into a rich environment run things - power doesn't exactly give itself up to newcomers every generation. However ambitious, intelligent people certainly seem to find ways to get some power for themselves.

Deleted
    I think artists especially singers have the advantage when it comes to who make more money. Could be wrong though

Psychopaths that lack scruples rule the world. They are the ones able to climb the bodies and reach the top.

I'm not even sure what "nerd" is anymore. People seem to change the meaning of it pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Why would you want to rule the world ? And why do you even care ? It's not like it is something precious or anything. You just live, die and that's it. Accept that fact and you'll rule YOUR world.
    Yeah guys, remember, opinions and goals are for losers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    You sound like a fun cheerful person and not emo at all.