Thread: Ninjaing in LFG

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    I apologize for arguing and I'm sorry for being such an asshole, do you think you could let me off with a formal warning?
    Sure. But its in your permanent record.

Edit: now get back to work.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Everyone is not equal in a dungeon. Sorry to shatter your dreams of a perfect WoW experience, but this game isn't unicorn and rainbow land.

With that being said, I very rarely need on items just to screw other players over, and I don't usually need on items just to vendor or disenchant them either. I might do that when they release dungeons that drop epics like ZG/ZA though. Sha crystals to enchant my gear are more important than some shit player's upgrade.

I do, however, need on anything the system lets me need on if I'm on a fresh 90 that needs the ilvl to get into LFR...and I need on gear for offspecs even if someone in the group can use it for their main spec unless I think that they played well enough to "deserve" the item. I did this in DS LFR as well to try to make sure the clueless people doing 10k dps didn't get loot. QQ

A lot of you might be thinking: "Oh my god, you are such an elitist asshole, who are you to decide who is good or bad???"

I'm the perfect person to decide who is good or bad, as I actually know how to play this game properly from a PvE point of view. The fact is that I'm probably better than all the people in the 5 man dungeon and the loot would be more useful to my alt than it would be for their shitty main who is most likely in a guild that is still "gearing up to try normal MSV" a week before patch 5.2.

I don't think I'm the best player by any means, but when it comes to my alts getting gear or some random shitty player in a 5 man getting it, I'm prioritizing my alt every single time. Players in 5 mans usually never even enchant/gem/reforge their gear and they don't even know what stats their class wants on an item. They are just like "ooooh pretty blue item!!! I need it!!!!" and then they equip it and that's it.

Most of the players in 5 mans struggle to even break 20-30k dps, they are stuck doing 10k-15k (or lower) like we're back in WOTLK. Totally clueless and terrible and undeserving of loot. No, the reason they are doing 15k dps is not because they don't have good gear, it's because they have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Contrary to this post, I'm actually a very nice and humble person in game, but when people on forums start crying about "loot ninjas" in 5 man dungeons and how they are terrible people with no soul, then it makes me laugh and rage at the same time.
    My god, I love you. This post almost made me want to xfer to your realm despite hating Horde, and play alongside you. This is exaaaactly how I feel. Why should I pass loot to the idiot pulling Wrath-level dps, while I'm doing 80% of the work? Effort deserves a reward.

You're probably the same guy that bitches up a storm when you get undergeared people in your group amirite?

I only need things that nobody else needs.

I really wish that the people that act like this would've been around before lfg and tried to pull this shit and eventually get shunned by the whole server.

Deleted

I'm the perfect person to decide who is good or bad, as I actually know how to play this game properly from a PvE point of view. The fact is that I'm probably better than all the people in the 5 man dungeon and the loot would be more useful to my alt than it would be for their shitty main who is most likely in a guild that is still "gearing up to try normal MSV" a week before patch 5.2.
    So its up to you to decide what the reasons are behind low dps from a player?
    It's up to you to decide if players with lesser understanding of this game, perhaps even mentally disturbed, get loot or not?

You claim to be actually be a nice and humble guy in the game outside of LFD, while you're arrogant enough to say that certain loot would be more usefull on your alt then on then main while you are friggin clueless about a players purposes in this game?

You're probably that guy that start votekicking/bitching when a player with ilvl 420ish enters and cannot keep up with your hitcapped ilvl 450-510 gear where you fail to see where the difference in dps comes from.

No sir, you're nothing but a complete arrogant douchebag with to much selfesteem...one of those self proclaimed eliteplayers that think people with lesser skill have no place in 'your game'.
    I recommend you to get a pair of brains that can relate.

Let that infraction come in. Just said what needed to be said.

Other then that, every attempt on ninjalooting is wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2013-02-23 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    So its up to you to decide what the reasons are behind low dps from a player?
    It's up to you to decide if players with lesser understanding of this game, perhaps even mentally disturbed, get loot or not?

You claim to be actually be a nice and humble guy in the game outside of LFD, while you're arrogant enough to say that certain loot would be more usefull on your alt then on then main while you are friggin clueless about a players purposes in this game?

You're probably that guy that start votekicking/bitching when a player with ilvl 420ish enters and cannot keep up with your hitcapped ilvl 450-510 gear where you fail to see where the difference in dps comes from.

No sir, you're nothing but a complete arrogant douchebag with to much selfesteem...one of those self proclaimed eliteplayers that think people with lesser skill have no place in 'your game'.
    I recommend you to get a pair of brains that can relate.

Let that infraction come in. Just said what needed to be said.

Other then that, every attempt on ninjalooting is wrong.
    Playing devil's advocate here. You recommend to get a pair of brains? Didnt know people had 2 brains.
    Secondly, There's no way a lvl 420ish would even be in the same queue as someone with ilvl 450+. If he's 450, obviously he's on Heroics, while the 420s is in Normals.
    Lastly, Gear helps someone pull higher DPS, but isnt necessary. My alt kitty is lvl 87 with 420ish ilvl, mostly in CATA gear. I still pull 50K+ single target.

I hate these excuses bad players make, saying if they had better gear they'd be better players. I'm sorry, but you honestly think one piece of loot, which maybe gives you an extra 100-300 dps is really gonna make a difference, if youre doing 15K and under?
    Top End Guilds/players clear Normal raid content in Heroic blues in a week. Why? Because they know everything about their class/spec.
    I know youre not a top end player, but maybe you should strive to be one, instead of bitchin how other people prevent you from playing the game as it should be played. That SHOULD be to the best of your abilities. If your not trying, then maybe youre in the wrong game. Might as well stick to Candyland since it doesnt require effort.
    Last edited by Volbian; 2013-02-23 at 06:59 AM.

I don't think I'm the best player by any means, but when it comes to my alts getting gear or some random shitty player in a 5 man getting it, I'm prioritizing my alt every single time. Players in 5 mans usually never even enchant/gem/reforge their gear and they don't even know what stats their class wants on an item. They are just like "ooooh pretty blue item!!! I need it!!!!" and then they equip it and that's it.

Most of the players in 5 mans struggle to even break 20-30k dps, they are stuck doing 10k-15k (or lower) like we're back in WOTLK. Totally clueless and terrible and undeserving of loot. No, the reason they are doing 15k dps is not because they don't have good gear, it's because they have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
    There's no reason for a good player to solo queue for a 5-man in MoP. If you do it anyway and then find some less than good players there with you, and then bitch about it, you're just whining about misfortune that you brought on yourself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Lastly, Gear helps someone pull higher DPS, but isnt necessary. My alt kitty is lvl 87 with 420ish ilvl, mostly in CATA gear. I still pull 50K+ single target.
    Stat scaling, dude. That same gear will get you a nice 20-30k or whatever at level 90.

Seriously, you folks play this game, do you actually pay attention to how it works, or just make stuff up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I have ninjaed often in 5man end boss because at that point group cannot kick me (or even if they could it would be pointless because dungeon is already over). I do that only for loot, very rarely to steal from my group members (exception when they have been dick). I don't like position where I have choice between 10g/ethereal shard or my fellow wow player feelings. However I often take money because I feel bad throwing money away.

Recently though I had discussion about this with other player. He mentioned that if he has worked towards something, he doesn't like rewards to be stolen. That made me really think more about the position of one whose loot I ninja, and feel bad. Also ninjaing tarnishes your reputation.

(My personal story)
    I was in my realm+faction best raiding guild as social for 16 months, I chatted much, really liked people there and I felt like they liked me too. However on one night we happened to talk about incoming 5.2 patch. I told that I have been preparing our small realm+faction for it by funneling enchanting mats here, added by JK I would do it anyways. Apparently officers however didn't like it, as next day when I log in I find myself guildless. I talked about one of them, (he's the "other player" mentioned above) apparently that stuff gives bad reputation to guild. (though while being in small realm+faction 99% of people who I meet in LFG are from somewhere else, so what's the big deal? IMO) and he didn't see anything good in having people with so loose morale around him.

What is your stance on ninja looting in LFG and thought process behind that stance? And what do you think about ninja looters?
    So your feelings are hurt because you got kicked from your guild for being a ninja? I think its a righteous kick. When you do something that gives your guild a bad name (effectively stealing) then getting kicked is a reasonable expectation.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    There's no reason for a good player to solo queue for a 5-man in MoP. If you do it anyway and then find some less than good players there with you, and then bitch about it, you're just whining about misfortune that you brought on yourself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 10:01 PM ----------

Stat scaling, dude. That same gear will get you a nice 20-30k or whatever at level 90.

Seriously, you folks play this game, do you actually pay attention to how it works, or just make stuff up?
    Gear doesnt scale when you level. Nor do the stats. Can you pass that shit your smoking over here?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    My god, I love you. This post almost made me want to xfer to your realm despite hating Horde, and play alongside you. This is exaaaactly how I feel. Why should I pass loot to the idiot pulling Wrath-level dps, while I'm doing 80% of the work? Effort deserves a reward.
    QFT. grommak is correct. loot rolls should be based on effort.. not participation. thats how it is in life and thats how we have competition/sports/ everything.
    heres an example
    5 runners are competing in a 250 m dash. the gun goes off and they start running. the first one reaches the finish line and he gets the 1st place ribbon, the 2nd gets the 2nd place ribbon.. and the 3rd gets the 3rd place ribbon. the other 2 get nothing.
    if you arent going to put in the effort to dps/heal/tank properly why are u even running in a dungeon for loot at all? why even play wow at all if your just gonna autoattack like a hunter with his pet constantly taunting spamming arcane shot?

OT: you shouldnt have been kicked for your opinion.. hoarding FM goods is called something.. i think its known as free marketing? and pretty much everyone in wow who wants to make money does it. all the other whiny babies can kick people for monotonous stuff but chances are they werent a good guild anyway.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-02-23 at 07:22 AM.

I don't think it's called "Ninjaing" Anymore, I would use another word to describe such as...Scumbagging.

Deleted
    I don't like position where I have choice between 10g/ethereal shard or my fellow wow player feelings.
    Yaay, we have players like this in a heavily social-aspected game.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think being a ninja is very selfish and immature. It doesn't matter if you don't know the other players, they're still humans trying to accomplish their own goals.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    It wasn't nice, but it shouldn't be the reason for kicking you. Whenever I see things like this happen makes me feel like the guild is overcompensating for their lack of "awesomeness" or something.

You reap what you sow, good for the officers of that guild.

Deleted
    Beginning to understand, why you got kicked. I don't like really lousy players in my group either and I will often tell them to up their game, but needing on gear they clearly need isn't really going to help them.

We've had a few socials in my own guild, who thought that because they were in a good guild, they were somehow entitled to a scumbag attitude - despite the fact that they weren't actually raiding with us and despite the fact that they kinda sucked compared to any of our raiders.

I'm beginning to think, you could be one of these type of people. You have an elitist attitude (which isn't nescessarily a bad thing) yet you aren't the one with the progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Gear doesnt scale when you level. Nor do the stats. Can you pass that shit your smoking over here?
    The amount of rating you need to get the same bonus does.

I know youre not a top end player, but maybe you should strive to be one
    So how about you start by learning the basics of stat scaling before you start talking down on people.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are probably tired of getting complaints...i run a mid sized guild and recently ran a 5 man on an alt, i get a random dungeon and happen to get 3 people from my guild i run. They behaved like dicks the entire time not knowing who i was, it's one of my "escape" toons when i wanna just get away. What was worst part was 2 of the 3 were officers. After our run, where i was attacked entire time, i logged on my main, told them what they just did was wrong and g-kicked them and every one of their alts. Some people just dont want to be surrounded by dicks like that in a fun environment, sounds like your guild categorized you as one of these dicks...good learning experience for you.

Deleted
    If ninja looting is hard coded out of the game, can you explain to me how a hunter can Need and win over me on a strength tanking ring? Ive had several items gone to people are'nt in my STAT class. Id say that to atleast some extent that is ninjalooting.

I just hope, that 5.0 LFD is the last LFD with obsolete and flawed "need before greed" system in Wow history. So don't worry. Blizzard promised to implement individual loot for LFD in MOP and so 5.4 catch up heroics will be with new system. So I suggest you to forget about ninjaing. Why this system was not implemented in 5.0? I guess due to problems with offspec gearing. New LFD and LFR looting system should allow players to choose other spec's gear, if they have gear on their main spec from this boss. In per boss basis, I belive. Just because it will be too frustating not to be able to get offspec gear from this dungeon, just because you still need one last item for your main spec, which you can't get due to very bad luck and the only way to solve this problem - is trying to get to boss you need for main spec, leave from it, change spec and then start this section from scratch, like I was doing in Cata.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Ninjaing may be out of the game technically speaking.

But there is a social element of ninjaing as well, and in an MMO this is the important one. You stole something that another player may have also needed, there is nothing to say you are better than him, yeah sure you might actually be arrogant enough to think that, but i guess that would make the other player the better person.

If you don't like having to play fairly alongside other players and want all loot for yourself, go play Diablo III.