Thread: Ninjaing in LFG

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Ninjaing in LFG

I have ninjaed often in 5man end boss because at that point group cannot kick me (or even if they could it would be pointless because dungeon is already over). I do that only for loot, very rarely to steal from my group members (exception when they have been dick). I don't like position where I have choice between 10g/ethereal shard or my fellow wow player feelings. However I often take money because I feel bad throwing money away.

Recently though I had discussion about this with other player. He mentioned that if he has worked towards something, he doesn't like rewards to be stolen. That made me really think more about the position of one whose loot I ninja, and feel bad. Also ninjaing tarnishes your reputation.

(My personal story)
    I was in my realm+faction best raiding guild as social for 16 months, I chatted much, really liked people there and I felt like they liked me too. However on one night we happened to talk about incoming 5.2 patch. I told that I have been preparing our small realm+faction for it by funneling enchanting mats here, added by JK I would do it anyways. Apparently officers however didn't like it, as next day when I log in I find myself guildless. I talked about one of them, (he's the "other player" mentioned above) apparently that stuff gives bad reputation to guild. (though while being in small realm+faction 99% of people who I meet in LFG are from somewhere else, so what's the big deal? IMO) and he didn't see anything good in having people with so loose morale around him.

What is your stance on ninja looting in LFG and thought process behind that stance? And what do you think about ninja looters?

um, don't need the item if you dont need? A player could very well be looking for that certain piece especially if its off the last boss. All 5 players in the LFG dungeon have commited the same amount of time to do it so everyone should get a chance. stop being a dick basically

10+ Year Old Account
    No such thing as ninja looting. It is literally hard-coded out of the game. Also, check my sig.

It's not against the rules, but it is a dick move.

There is no such thing as ninja looting.

However, if the way you play makes the rest of the group hate you, you are doing something wrong.

Could you consider being a little bit more of a decent person?

Deleted
    It's not really ninjaing but it may not be a nice move. I'm guessing you got kicked, because the guild wants to keep a good reputation. My own guild has a group of socials and some time ago, one of them was reported for ninjaing. Several people whispered me about him and when I asked him he told the truth. So he was swiftly removed from the guild, since botting, behaving like a douche, ninjaing etc. gives the guild a bad reputation.

I'm guessing your guild had no leniency towards your behavior - be it okay rule wise or not. And since you weren't a raider, they didn't really lose anything from kicking you.

That said, it sounds like a somewhat harsh kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill tell you why they canned you.

Its not that it really matters or not. the victims are from another realm, so who cares right? Well, Its because you are the kind of person that would do that. Apparently Its in your nature to be that way and they dont want that in the guild. A formal warning may have been more appropriate if it was a first offence, but i can understand why you were let go. Maybe you can ask for an appeal or second chance on some kind of probationary terms or something?

Its basic people management, i used to be a manager/business owner and Ive hired and fired a lot of people for various things. "Malicious intent" is reason to fire someone but i would have just given you a formal warning.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    I wouldn't want to be around a person like you either.
    I really despise such behaviour, with all my heart. Why do you feel more entitled to that loot than anyone else?

Also, doing something around strangers that you would be ashamed to do around people you know means that you are a coward without ethics or values.

Or, well, let me rephrase that. You are a coward with poor ethics and bad values.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    I wouldn't want to be around a person like you either.
    I really despise such behaviour, with all my heart. Why do you feel more entitled to that loot than anyone else?
    I've kicked people out of my guild's for behavior like that in LFG/LFR. Same with people who badmouth the people in LFG. I don't want to play with people like you, if you put 10-50g over another player getting a piece of gear that they need (or just feel that you getting the gold is more important than them.)

You were a dickface and your guild decided they didn't want to be labeled as a guild with dickfaces in it. Maybe you should try not acting like a dickface.

Be more polite. There are plenty other words in your vocabulary you could use I'm sure that doesn't involve insulting. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-02-23 at 09:41 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No such thing as ninja looting. It is literally hard-coded out of the game. Also, check my sig.
    mfw I can still roll on str pieces as a rogue.

Deleted
    i believe you had the groups needs at heart. you have my vote.

Deleted
    I'm not a giant fan of Ninja looters, at least not for larger unfarmable items like mounts, otherwise i'm not really bothered personally.

Everyone is not equal in a dungeon. Sorry to shatter your dreams of a perfect WoW experience, but this game isn't unicorn and rainbow land.

With that being said, I very rarely need on items just to screw other players over, and I don't usually need on items just to vendor or disenchant them either. I might do that when they release dungeons that drop epics like ZG/ZA though. Sha crystals to enchant my gear are more important than some shit player's upgrade.

I do, however, need on anything the system lets me need on if I'm on a fresh 90 that needs the ilvl to get into LFR...and I need on gear for offspecs even if someone in the group can use it for their main spec unless I think that they played well enough to "deserve" the item. I did this in DS LFR as well to try to make sure the clueless people doing 10k dps didn't get loot. QQ

A lot of you might be thinking: "Oh my god, you are such an elitist asshole, who are you to decide who is good or bad???"

I'm the perfect person to decide who is good or bad, as I actually know how to play this game properly from a PvE point of view. The fact is that I'm probably better than all the people in the 5 man dungeon and the loot would be more useful to my alt than it would be for their shitty main who is most likely in a guild that is still "gearing up to try normal MSV" a week before patch 5.2.

I don't think I'm the best player by any means, but when it comes to my alts getting gear or some random shitty player in a 5 man getting it, I'm prioritizing my alt every single time. Players in 5 mans usually never even enchant/gem/reforge their gear and they don't even know what stats their class wants on an item. They are just like "ooooh pretty blue item!!! I need it!!!!" and then they equip it and that's it.

Most of the players in 5 mans struggle to even break 20-30k dps, they are stuck doing 10k-15k (or lower) like we're back in WOTLK. Totally clueless and terrible and undeserving of loot. No, the reason they are doing 15k dps is not because they don't have good gear, it's because they have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Contrary to this post, I'm actually a very nice and humble person in game, but when people on forums start crying about "loot ninjas" in 5 man dungeons and how they are terrible people with no soul, then it makes me laugh and rage at the same time.

Don't be an obnoxious ass. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-02-24 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

Less of such remarks. Post better. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-02-24 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Whoah, look out guys! Gromnak is here! Everyone kneel and kiss his boot.

Loser.
    I totally did not expect that typical butthurt response. Carry on.

Edit: The fact that some of you actually kick people out of your guild or give them a "formal warning" (LOLING HARD @ THAT ONE) for "ninjaing" loot in a 5 man is amusing. It's also very entertaining to see how you label the people who lost the loot to said "ninja" as "victims" like they have just been raped or something.

Warning: Post more constructively in the 1 liner. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-02-24 at 11:39 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could say this is the reason I hate PuGs, and consider only running with people from my realm from now on. I had an experience where I was tanking a couple of instances on my Warrior around a month ago. On three separate dungeons, I had a Ret Paladin take the STR 1H axe from Temple of the Jade Serpent despite me needing it, a Frost DK take a Tank ring from the Jinyu in there to 'boost his item level to get into LFR', and finally the most stupid thing I've ever seen in MoP Dungeons. A Hunter. Yes, a ####ing Hunter, needs and wins the 1H STR Sword from Stormstout Brewery. I wish they would bring the old DS LFR Roll Bonus back to Dungeons, or make it like LFR at this rate. How am I supposed to get gear I actually need in PuGs? Or is that a myth now?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    I totally did not expect that typical butthurt response. Carry on.

Edit: The fact that some of you actually kick people out of your guild or give them a "formal warning" (LOLING HARD @ THAT ONE) for "ninjaing" loot in a 5 man is amusing. It's also very entertaining to see how you label the people who lost the loot to said "ninja" as "victims" like they have just been raped or something.
    Look, man. Im not gonna argue with you no matter how hard you instigate. I dont need to. You made my case for me.

Ninjaing in dungeons isn't going to go away since blizz doesnt see it as a problem.

But could they at least fix the stupid ones, Strength users rolling on agility rings and trinkets, agility users on Strength trinkets and rings, mages and warlocks on spirit gear, hunters on melee weapons, you know, the stuff you would never use on that class, but for some reason you can still roll Need on it, when you should only be able to greed on it.

Casters cant roll need on Strength gear they wouldn't/can't use, so why can agility users? Strength give both the caster and the agility user AP, yet only 1 can roll Need on it. Not that they should, but they can.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Look, man. Im not gonna argue with you no matter how hard you instigate. I dont need to. You made my case for me.

I apologize for arguing and I'm sorry for being such an asshole, do you think you could let me off with a formal warning?