Deleted

[Rumor] XBox 720 event scheduled for March 27

http://www.onlysp.com/2013/02/22/com...xboxevent-com/

The links above indicates that Microsoft will be hosting a public event on March the 27th.

It makes sense to assume they will unveil their next incarnation of the XBox console following Sonys recent unveiling.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited! I wonder how it will differ from the PS4's offerings.

I'm not so sure. They're hosting an event a week after Sony hosted its event. They never said anything about the xbox720 till now. I'm not even sure if its ready. Is it wise to show us an unfinished product. I mean the original xbox has problems with over heating. Red rings of deaths. It didn't come with ways to cool that down till much much later and those costed extra.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm not so sure. They're hosting an event a week after Sony hosted its event. They never said anything about the xbox720 till now. I'm not even sure if its ready. Is it wise to show us an unfinished product. I mean the original xbox has problems with over heating. Red rings of deaths. It didn't come with ways to cool that down till much much later and those costed extra.
    ...I'm sure Microsoft learned from their mistakes and I seriously doubt that they'll make the same mistakes again. Also, after ps4 disappointing announcement, I'm sure Microsoft will do better.

Is it wise to show us an unfinished product
    If it's anything like Sony's event, they won't be showing anything.

Deleted
    Both consoles launched with very "cutting edge" hardware at the time. They were both fairly power....and thus cooling intensive which lead to a lot of overheating and stability issues. This was in a time where the "efficiency" trend really hadn't reached the CPU market yet.

Today however there is a wide array of efficient chips out there. Hell, even the PC-CPUs are becoming increasingly efficient by lowering power consumption and shrinking dies.

Same applies to GPUs, although to a lesser extent.

Neither Sony (by having the Cell chip being both expensive and inaccessible) nor Microsoft (by having an overheated system) are going to repeat the same mistakes.

In fact I think it's safe to assume both companies will boast very similar hardware in their consoles. After all AMDs APU series seem to offer just what consoles need.

The bigger differences will be found in the online features, media abilities and input devices rather than the hardware.

Both manufacturers know that their hardware limits the other. So there's no need for one to push further than the other is prepared to go.

It will just be called Xbox as an FYI. And Xbox next gen will launch this holiday season, go to computerandvideogames .com they have a lot of info.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited. Sony sorta let me down with hardly any info besides specs. I primarily play on 360 so i'm hoping microsoft has a worth while upgrade with some cool features!! Also hoping for some interesting new IPs exclusive to 360. Microsoft has work to do there.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait.,

15+ Year Old Account
    Excited to see what they're bringing to the table. Hopefully free online play...also I have no idea why they'd even want to call it the 720...

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Excited to see what they're bringing to the table. Hopefully free online play...also I have no idea why they'd even want to call it the 720...
    Because when you see it, you'd turn 720 degrees and walk away....oh wait

But seriously, I'd be surprised if Microsoft actually comes up with an original and interesting name for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    It will just be called Xbox as an FYI. And Xbox next gen will launch this holiday season, go to computerandvideogames .com they have a lot of info.
    why would they just call it xbox? they already have a console named the xbox. that can be very confusing to consumers.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if it didn't have "Xbox" in the name to be honest, but even if that happens, we'll still call it an Xbox, lol.

Ummm... Sony said nothing about PS4 before announcing it either. It's pretty common policy to not talk about your products before you officially announce them!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair Sony didn't show the everything about the PS4, so it could be safe to say multiple things about both, Xbox could do the same and still have time to prepare the actual console for E3 like sony is doing. Maybe both consoles are ready, maybe not. Would be nice to release it without bugs but, that's near impossible, mistakes do happen, as well as errors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they drop Xbox Live Gold, its going to be underwhelming. I can't fathom how they could one up the PS4. I'm not being a fanboy, but the PS4 announcement are natural evolutions of what they've been doing since last e3. The next Xbox will most likely intergrate with Windows 8, It NEEDS a basic network tier that allows you to play online games for free. They WILL push apps, like Netflix, Last.FM, etc because the PS3 lacked a lot of extra apps and there is no official word on what the PS4 will have. My prediction is the the Xbox 720 will be more of an entertainment box than a gaming console (souped up premium Roku).

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it plays used games, doesn't require constant internet connection, isn't a download only box and doesn't shove Kinect crap down our throats (unless it actually works well) then I don't really care to much what they do with the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait for an official announcement before getting excited at all, but speculation is always fun!
    It's going to go one of two ways imo. Either they'll dispel all of the rumors floating around and offer something to really compete with the PS4. Ooooooor they'll confirm the terrible rumors we've been hearing (anti-used games, Kinect, etc) and there will be a shitstorm. Either way it goes, I doubt they'll have anything like Gaikai. So I think we'll get two entirely different gaming experiences this coming generation.