Thread: 5.2 so far

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It is known and someone published new charts of how it seems to work now, basically they changed the curve from how it was before to scale far worse with hardly any gain after 70%.
    This. Like in WotLK, there's a point where Resilience becomes 'not really worth it' anymore. It's between 60 and 70%.

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,098
    I almost can't believe they did that. It scaled linearly; it's not like it was getting out of hand. I admit I haven't done any numbers or research on this, but shouldn't damage have been outscaling survivability anyway? I know that resil was stronger than any throughput stat when compared in a bubble, but every piece of gear has four throughput stats vs. two survival ones.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    This. Like in WotLK, there's a point where Resilience becomes 'not really worth it' anymore. It's between 60 and 70%.
    Which will become a huge problem very fast, burst is insanely high thanks to PvP power and some number games show that currently two fully PvP geared people gemming for PvP power actually do slightly MORE damage to each other than two PvE people would (somewhere around 62-63% overall instead of 60%). Blizzard is right now in the process of messing up the game horribly.

    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I almost can't believe they did that. It scaled linearly; it's not like it was getting out of hand. I admit I haven't done any numbers or research on this, but shouldn't damage have been outscaling survivability anyway? I know that resil was stronger than any throughput stat when compared in a bubble, but every piece of gear has four throughput stats vs. two survival ones.
    It already had dr before they did this, now it has a far worse scaling than before and yes PvP power was winning against resilience as of now more than negating it's effect. And the reason they did it is quite simple, they are retarded and have no idea what they are doing whatsoever.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2013-02-23 at 05:33 PM.

  4. #24
    I play MM hunter. I am happy.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

    Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

    -Huainy

  5. #25
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    979
    A flat 150k hp buff that doesn't scale with any stat could be a solution as soon as you enter pvp combat.

  6. #26
    I dont think people get how resil Dr'ing works. Of course it DRs, since going from 70% to 71% is not the same as going from 40 to 41%. 70 to 71% is a 3.4% damage reduction, whereas 40 to 41% is a 1.7% damage reduction off the damage you wouldve taken without the additional 1%.

    Now if they changed the scaling of the diminishing of resil to be worse than say, 50% of what it is at baseline when your at around 70%, then I can see, but it always has to DR fairly significantly.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    A flat 150k hp buff that doesn't scale with any stat could be a solution as soon as you enter pvp combat.
    This wouldn't solve potential burst issues... It would further encourage players to bring forth their burst capabilities and would most likely make it even worse. Let's not put aside the fact that certain classes are only supposed to score their kills during burst.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 06:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    How are healers more OP?

    Shaman remains unchanged.
    Paladin gets nerfs.
    Druid gets slight buffs (Not as good as Shaman/Paladin prepatch anyway)
    They're unable to beat a healer one on one and immediately assume that they are overpowered.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 07:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    LOL nerfs for no reason, good one haha. After the nerfs warrior will be as any other class, not godlike killing survival machine
    They're actually going to be bad.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-23 at 06:13 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I dont think people get how resil Dr'ing works. Of course it DRs, since going from 70% to 71% is not the same as going from 40 to 41%. 70 to 71% is a 3.4% damage reduction, whereas 40 to 41% is a 1.7% damage reduction off the damage you wouldve taken without the additional 1%.

    Now if they changed the scaling of the diminishing of resil to be worse than say, 50% of what it is at baseline when your at around 70%, then I can see, but it always has to DR fairly significantly.
    The DR is significant despite Resilience's incredible scaling simply because it's oppressive DR. Burst is already a problem, and now they're essentially letting DPS stats continue to increase while resilience will effectively cap out because the DR is so severe.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I dont think people get how resil Dr'ing works. Of course it DRs, since going from 70% to 71% is not the same as going from 40 to 41%. 70 to 71% is a 3.4% damage reduction, whereas 40 to 41% is a 1.7% damage reduction off the damage you wouldve taken without the additional 1%.

    Now if they changed the scaling of the diminishing of resil to be worse than say, 50% of what it is at baseline when your at around 70%, then I can see, but it always has to DR fairly significantly.
    You don't say? If you stopped assuming everyone but you is mentally challenged then you would realize that maybe, just maybe people do know what they are talking about. Fact is that we already had DR in place before this change, quite a severe one. The new change will make it so that you get nearly NO resilience whatsoever after a certain treshhold and each point being worth more does not offset that.
    We already get close to 70% and still two fully PvP power gemmed people do MORE damage than they did before PvP gear to each other. Now imagine a quite severe blow to resilience scaling alongside massive dmg buffs to several classes and even more PvP power who was no DR whatsoever and you'll end up with even more burst and damage than you currently have.

    Of course you're to busy being conceited and assuming nobody but you has any idea what is going on and how stuff works and trying to explain basic math to them so you can't be bothered to.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    This. Like in WotLK, there's a point where Resilience becomes 'not really worth it' anymore. It's between 60 and 70%.
    More like 65-70, 60 seems pretty low still

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 07:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You don't say? If you stopped assuming everyone but you is mentally challenged then you would realize that maybe, just maybe people do know what they are talking about. Fact is that we already had DR in place before this change, quite a severe one. The new change will make it so that you get nearly NO resilience whatsoever after a certain treshhold and each point being worth more does not offset that.
    We already get close to 70% and still two fully PvP power gemmed people do MORE damage than they did before PvP gear to each other. Now imagine a quite severe blow to resilience scaling alongside massive dmg buffs to several classes and even more PvP power who was no DR whatsoever and you'll end up with even more burst and damage than you currently have.

    Of course you're to busy being conceited and assuming nobody but you has any idea what is going on and how stuff works and trying to explain basic math to them so you can't be bothered to.
    Take it down a notch Rambo.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You don't say? If you stopped assuming everyone but you is mentally challenged then you would realize that maybe, just maybe people do know what they are talking about. Fact is that we already had DR in place before this change, quite a severe one. The new change will make it so that you get nearly NO resilience whatsoever after a certain treshhold and each point being worth more does not offset that.
    We already get close to 70% and still two fully PvP power gemmed people do MORE damage than they did before PvP gear to each other. Now imagine a quite severe blow to resilience scaling alongside massive dmg buffs to several classes and even more PvP power who was no DR whatsoever and you'll end up with even more burst and damage than you currently have.

    Of course you're to busy being conceited and assuming nobody but you has any idea what is going on and how stuff works and trying to explain basic math to them so you can't be bothered to.
    Damn bro you must be a badass IRL. Anyway when people go around saying resil is Dring, that doesnt imply that it suddenly hits a crazy threshold since it is constantly Dring anyway. I blame the terminology.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Take it down a notch Rambo.
    Why would I? He didn't even properly read what people were writing, instead he choose to just assume we're all retarded and don't know a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Damn bro you must be a badass IRL. Anyway when people go around saying resil is Dring, that doesnt imply that it suddenly hits a crazy threshold since it is constantly Dring anyway. I blame the terminology.
    The problem is, it does hit a crazy threshold a bit before 70% with the new system in place, the curve is almost flat after that where the old on would've gone up quite a bit. So there is nearly no gain if they didn't change the new model they're trying to sneak in.

  13. #33
    When you get 70% you need insane amounts of resil to even gain 1%. (PTR)

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    When you get 70% you need insane amounts of resil to even gain 1%. (PTR)
    Which means that it becomes worthless compared to PvP power and damage will escalate even more than it currently is.

  15. #35
    The Patient Starsinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sask, Canada
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which means that it becomes worthless compared to PvP power and damage will escalate even more than it currently is.
    Correct.. This is bad.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    They're actually going to be bad.
    They will still be the best meele class in terms of CC/Mobility/Burst/Survival/Sustained

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    A lot of classes receiving damage buffs (for justified pve reasons) with no regard for pvp balance.

    In other words, business as usual.
    Business as usual indeed. Staying away from Pvp this patch also.

  18. #38
    Don't know, like it now. Will probably like it even more in 5.2 as there are more viable speccs presented.
    Playing Affliction in PvP though so don't you dare bash me with Shadowburningallthetimelol

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    2,886
    Spicy Chicken Cleave is back i know that boomkins are raping
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    CC was left unchecked.
    Burst is being increased on many classes.
    Resilience now has DRs.
    Health isn't increasing that much.
    Healers are even more OP.
    Instants, instants everywhere.



    5.2 bro.
    No instant fear from lock
    Cyclone finally has DRS and a CD for ferals
    Shockwave is unviable
    Monk blanket silence nerfed

    All positive changes imo, Atm rocking at about 2.1k in 2's and 3s on PTR it seems alot more balanced than live is at the moment..although in 3s i'm playing RMP, and we barely lose because of our opener
    Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    You not gamer, you go play your boring "Real life" with crappy graphics'n stuff! You cant even do Quests, dungeons and BGs in "IRL" :s
    "The ship of failure floats on a sea of excuses."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •