Thread: 5.2 so far

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.2 so far

Your opinions and/or summary on what you think 5.2 is shaping up to be. Is burst still too high? Too much cc? Are classes being over buffed? What ever you wanna share.

Too much burst and CC as always, but I think we will have alot more viable comps in 5.2.

Since I started late in the season I can say I'm happy to see Tier 2 available to everyone, simply those who love to push rating will get it faster as a reward rather than higher rating requirements. As is I hit ~1600 in 2s or 1750+ in 3s and you get a t2 team every other game or so due to RBGs. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm looking foward to a level playing field, albeit the grind at the beginning of the season to get a higher cap is still going to be painful without this season's t2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyones damage will be too high. It already is and with 2 more patches it is gonna be nuts.
    Also, Ppl are already nearly 70% resil. How close to (lol) 100% resil are we going to get by the end of the expansion?
    Who plans the gear scaling?
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    How close to (lol) 100% resil are we going to get by the end of the expansion?
    From what I've heard Resil is starting to DR harder on the PTR right now, somewhere around 8 or 9k+ it gets noticable.

But yeah I agree burst is still way too high, and the PvE "tuning numbers" are simply going to make it worse. When I saw the buff to Frost DK damage for example, my face hit my desk faster than it has in a while.

A lot of classes receiving damage buffs (for justified pve reasons) with no regard for pvp balance.

In other words, business as usual.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    From what I've heard Resil is starting to DR harder on the PTR right now, somewhere around 8 or 9k+ it gets noticable.

But yeah I agree burst is still way too high, and the PvE "tuning numbers" are simply going to make it worse. When I saw the buff to Frost DK damage for example, my face hit my desk faster than it has in a while.
    Which is a problem, because even the resilience numbers we do now end up with people actually doing more damage to each other than two PvE geared would because of PvP power. The damage is insanely high and will be even worse coming patch and their response is to nerf resilience, maybe they should nerf healing aswell so we can finally go back to the good old days of one shotting from classic!

Deleted
    It was really fine last week when i played it, i think the newest damage buffs gonna ruin it.

An increasing variety of viable comps!

More damage + less healing + less instant CC = smarter defensive play + better reaction skills required from players.

In addition the classes will be a little more balanced overall (warriors back to being strong, not Gods)

CC was left unchecked.
    Burst is being increased on many classes.
    Resilience now has DRs.
    Health isn't increasing that much.
    Healers are even more OP.
    Instants, instants everywhere.

5.2 bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    CC was left unchecked.
    Burst is being increased on many classes.
    Resilience now has DRs.
    Health isn't increasing that much.
    Healers are even more OP.
    Instants, instants everywhere.

5.2 bro.
    Unfortunately this.

5.2 started looking really good when the first list of announced changes came, but all the stuff they are 'fixing' is just being replaced by more retarded shit that they are putting in.

A couple of things are looking good, and burst overall should be lower.. but they could've done so much more.

How are healers more OP?

Shaman remains unchanged.
    Paladin gets nerfs.
    Druid gets slight buffs (Not as good as Shaman/Paladin prepatch anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    How are healers more OP?
    Healing effectiveness increases linearly with damage.. say new gear improves your performance by 10%.

But healing scales 3 to 1 in contrast to damage to begin with. Going from there, as the seasons go on you get more bang for your buck.

Coupled with effective health increasing but RAW health not going very high you'll get closer and closer to a deficit where you can tank much more damage yet top yourself off that much easier... sounds familiar?

It shouldn't, this is as old as arena itself.

Resilience DR, PvP Power only gives 50% bonus to healers and then there's 30% battle fatigue. So they scale worse and people won't get as high resilience as they otherwise would have. In which way does healing scale "3 to 1" in this scenario? Healers get more secondary and primary stats with better gear, but so does DPS. They also gain full use of PvP Power, while resilience DR will go a long way towards stopping the otherwise inevitable climb towards insane EHP values which would, I agree, have made healers incredibly good since the higher the resilience goes, the more 1 point of healing realistically heals for.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-02-23 at 03:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a healer I am scared of all the classes getting damage buffs...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Honestly,im not excited for 5.2.Especially not excited my warrior.Lots of nerf with no reason.Just i think there is no hope for warrior in pvp with the nerfs.
    Last edited by walled56; 2013-02-23 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walled56 View Post
    Honestly,im not excited for 5.2.Especially not excited my warrior.Lots of nerf with no reason.Just i think there is no hope for warrior in pvp with the nerfs.
    LOL nerfs for no reason, good one haha. After the nerfs warrior will be as any other class, not godlike killing survival machine

I hear a lot of people talking about resilience DRing on the PTR. Do they have any idea what they're talking about, or is it just people not understanding how mitigation works/scales? Also regarding op healers--isn't the PTR battle fatigue currently nonfunctional? Of course they'll come across as op.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I hear a lot of people talking about resilience DRing on the PTR. Do they have any idea what they're talking about, or is it just people not understanding how mitigation works/scales? Also regarding op healers--isn't the PTR battle fatigue currently nonfunctional? Of course they'll come across as op.
    It is known and someone published new charts of how it seems to work now, basically they changed the curve from how it was before to scale far worse with hardly any gain after 70%.