Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Actually his opinion is pretty logical, and what's more important his opinion represents the opinion of majority of people who ever played d3.
    Different people, different playstyles. You can't say "I'm a nolifer, you are not, so my opinion is the only right one and you opinion is invalid".
    But you can say "You haven't played the game for 8 months,your opinion on the current game as is isn't really valid". And where the hell are you people finding your statistics about the current amount of active players?

I wonder what happens to the paragon levels when the expansion comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    I wonder what happens to the paragon levels when the expansion comes around.
    I don't know why you think anything is going to happen to them when the expansion comes around? It's not WoW where the level cap has to be raised each time - think back to the D2 expansion - just new classes, areas, items etc etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heinevilla View Post
    Ofc someone reached it... There's a Demon Hunter on my "recently played with" list, who is Paragon level 104 now. Think his name is Kermik or something like that. There's also a monk in +95. So there's many, count on that!
    not possible.. max paragon is 100

I still wish you had to do mp9 or 10 to get xp when your 90+ (like in pre lod d2 having to kill big D to xp past lvl 99), i see chars who are 70+ and cant do mp5. There is no scaling with the xp but it does take dedication to hit 100. Paragon lvl100 isnt as respected as prexpack d2 because its simply about doing a3 over and over.

You can bot to 100 in 2 weeks, its not really an accomplishment under the current system.

thats hard to farm fot 100 paragon. u need no life to get it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by IamDos View Post
    2 weeks of life to be precise.

People usually spend more than that in good games.
    Obviously no point to waste time for this particular one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDos View Post
    it takes 250-300h played around, for 100p lvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heinevilla View Post
    Ofc someone reached it... There's a Demon Hunter on my "recently played with" list, who is Paragon level 104 now.
    Paragon 104, eh? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Actually his opinion is pretty logical, and what's more important his opinion represents the opinion of majority of people who ever played d3.
    Different people, different playstyles. You can't say "I'm a nolifer, you are not, so my opinion is the only right one and you opinion is invalid".
    His opinion in an era of games getting patches (for bug fixes and content) makes his opinion illogical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    People still play Diablo 3? Thought everyone quit after like a month since it was so disappointingly bad.

Anyway, don't see a point in doing that, just a lot of grinding for nothing really.
    A lot left after the first couple months for various reasons. One, it was hard (really hard). Two, itemization was horrible and legendaries were exceedingly rare. Three, there was no leveling post 60. Four, it was really hard (saying this one twice). Fifth, some people only ever really wanted to play it for the story. And there are probably tons more reasons too.

The game is hugely different from release. Paragon is super nice because it gives an something to go for instead of MF or gives you something while you MF. Paragon 100 is good to get because you get max MF with no MF gear on and a ton of stats. Monster power is nice because it lets you choose how difficult you want things to be. MP0 is really easy, but you have to farm act 3 to get decent drops. MP1 is harder, and it boosts every mob to level 63. MP2 is harder still all the way up to MP10 which is harder than old inferno. This alleviated a lot of complaints that people had with inferno when the game was released.

And the game is still improving, the next couple patches are going to make the game SOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazingly good. Going to be boosting the useable legendary amounts by like 5 times (if not more), add cool legendary effects, make other acts viable for farming, make more builds possible etc. It is in a good shape right now, but when 1.09 hits it is going to be epic. Might even surpass D2 in awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after you hit level 100 Paragon, then what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Like You View Post
    You can switch to a +life % gem for your helm, that's about it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Like You View Post
    Then you do the same thing you were already doing? What did you do in D2 when you hit 80 and had all your gear equipped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I've never understood running games like Diablo over and over.

I did it once for the story, started on the next level of difficulty - got 1/2 way through and stopped.

Uninstalled it when done and haven't been back. For a guy like me, the game was ridiculously overpriced and lacked content. For people that like grind, it's got a lot of replay value.

So, yeah - play-style's vary and so do opinions. I thought the game sucked - other people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

I did it once for the story, started on the next level of difficulty - got 1/2 way through and stopped.

Uninstalled it when done and haven't been back. For a guy like me, the game was ridiculously overpriced and lacked content. For people that like grind, it's got a lot of replay value.

So, yeah - play-style's vary and so do opinions. I thought the game sucked - other people don't.
    You thought the game sucked or that there wasnt enough content? How long did it take you to get through the first difficulty level?

What were you expecting when you bought the game, do you even understand the concept of Arpg/Dungeon crawler?

That's like buying Halo and complaining you have to shoot to progress in the game.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Then you do the same thing you were already doing? What did you do in D2 when you hit 80 and had all your gear equipped?
    Farmed until ~95, because 80 is awfully low. x)
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    You thought the game sucked or that there wasnt enough content? How long did it take you to get through the first difficulty level?
    I doubt that he will reply, but I guess both.
    If you play this game as a game, not as farming simulator, there is not much to do. Especially on normal difficulty when you don't even have access to all your abilities.
    It takes around 8 hours to beat the normal difficulty for new player, including dialogs that are really not very entertaining and watching videos that are... well... not for everyone. I wish all videos were like opening cinematic. Level design is pretty poor, its not designed to entertain, its designed to keep player from getting too fast to the place he wants. So yeah...

You should understand that this guy is not. He is one of the millions. The amount of players that were disappointed by the game is ten times higher than the amount of fanboys that are still played. Out of 12 million players that bought the game just a tiny fraction beat the hell difficulty. Even less players beat the inferno difficulty.

This guy is average, people that are still playing are... special. In a nerd way special.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    What were you expecting when you bought the game, do you even understand the concept of Arpg/Dungeon crawler?
    I have not seen the game box, but I doubt that there was a big yellow sign "This game sucks" on it. I also doubt that there was other useful information like "After reaching max level the gameplay consists of killing the same pack of monsters thousands of times."
    There was not even a sign "You have to beat the same game 3 times to get to a sort of a challenging difficulty. And this fourth difficulty will look the same as the ones you killed 3 previous times".

People fall for a good trailer. They think "this game must be as good as this trailer". And get nothing but disappointment in the end.
    Last edited by traen; 2013-03-10 at 10:43 AM.

D3 is not played for its story. It is played for its grind in levels.

An advice: play it in hardcore mode with normal difficulty set in MP 10 and go from there.

Incredibly tense. No mistakes, risk adjustments every time, and seeing that as a goal to reach end game beats anything really.

It could be that when you die, you'll not touch the game for a month , but the challenge to reach lvl 60 and the start Paragons levels to this fragile avatar will pull you in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWishMaster View Post
    it takes 250-300h played around, for 100p lvl
    I saw a wizard under 200 hours played with lvl 100 Paragon. He already had a barb with over a thousand hours played though.