Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Two cities are in Michigan, Flint and Detroit. Also Democrat and Liberal are not the same. There is still nothing politically in common about the list.


    they both are left of center and you can try to dismiss it as just a coincidence all you want but it is just more proof that left leaning polices do not work

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    All i know it could be all the time. The proof is up to you to show that it was a republican that caused the problem to start with
    And it's up to you to show that they didn't. You can't make an arguement with no facts and then say "Im right unless you prove me wrong" because you have done nothing to prove you were right. For all we know, you both could be wrong.

  3. #43
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,136
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I came here expecting to see New Orleans on the list, good surprise.
    Oh ya, totally forgot about Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and New Orleans.

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    they both are left of center and you can try to dismiss it as just a coincidence all you want but it is just more proof that left leaning polices do not work
    Social liberalism is centre-right. Social democracy is centre-left and not present in American politics.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Detroit has a history of 35 Democrat, 23 are republican, 17 whig, and 1 unknown. Hardly a majority of the time since 1806. Some served one year, some served 5+ years.
    and democrats have herd office since 1962 that is 50 years of democrat control try to blame that on republicans

  6. #46
    Why am I not surprised that Vyxn found actually reading the article to be beyond his capabilities?

  7. #47
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    they both are left of center and you can try to dismiss it as just a coincidence all you want but it is just more proof that left leaning polices do not work
    Flint also currently has a mayor, but is also run by an Emergency Manager appointed by a Republican Governor. Your theory has no merit and you've let to provide anything substantial to back it up. There is nothing politically that they all share in common. The things they share are all non-political traits that would be true regardless of what party is in power.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #48
    The Detroit/Flint thing is not really connected to democratic leadership. Both cities were fundamentally screwed over when the auto industry declined and weren't able to recover. Both also have very nice suburbs and are essentially white flight cases. Detroit has some of the wealthiest suburbs in the entire country, which is something that few people seem to realize. Bloomfield Hills, MI is the 2nd richest neighborhood (in terms of per capita income) in the country. Michigan is kind of a weird place. There's a lot of de facto segregation and the racial and economic composition of the state is heavily influenced by it.

    As a side note, I find Flint to be much worse than Detroit. Detroit has some truly scorched earth areas, but Flint has a top-to-bottom hopelessness that Detroit can't really replicate.
    Last edited by Europe; 2013-02-23 at 07:48 AM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Why am I not surprised that Vyxn found actually reading the article to be beyond his capabilities?


    And what gives you the idea that i didn't read it what i was showing that you can dismiss it as a coincidence all you want but 7 out of the 10 cites are run by democrats and the other 3 are left leaning independent and all but one come from states with democrat governors
    Now you can ignore the correlation if you want most liberals dismiss history and facts and only go by ideology and ignore anything that counters it

  10. #50
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and democrats have herd office since 1962 that is 50 years of democrat control try to blame that on republicans
    I'm not blaming anything on anyone, that is what you are doing. I'm trying to point out to you that it doesn't matter the party the results would have been near the same. The election of mayors is non-partisan in Detroit and Detroit certainly hasn't been in the shape it is currently in since the 60's. I'm not sure what you are trying to claim since you've yet to provide anything but generalizations and switch subjects when those generalizations are refuted.

    The Problems of Detroit have nothing to do with Liberalism, Democrat, or Republican philosophies. The problems of the city run much deeper then that.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    3,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    And what gives you the idea that i didn't read it what i was showing that you can dismiss it as a coincidence all you want but 7 out of the 10 cites are run by democrats and the other 3 are left leaning independent and all but one come from states with democrat governors
    Now you can ignore the correlation if you want most liberals dismiss history and facts and only go by ideology and ignore anything that counters it
    your last sentence can be argued both ways. your also ignoring the other data like crime rates, poverty rates, unemployment,etc.

  12. #52
    The fact that most of those cities vote heavily democratic has very little/nothing to do with them being on that list. To assume otherwise is an admission of stupidity. You ignore the many different factors that lead to those cities being bad and jump to one of the few factors that is much more likely an effect rather than a cause. Areas that struggle with poverty are not likely to be republican -- republicans couldn't give a crap about those areas.

    If, on the other hand, you are arguing that "because many bad areas tend to be democratic" then it's proof that "democrats are bad," then again you're admitting stupidity. You're likely to also believe that "many pets are cats" proves "all cats are pets."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Jesus Christ? I could not follow his radical left-wing path. No, even if I did believe in a personal god, I would not have the guts, the extreme altruism and radical anti-capitalism necessary to call myself a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Hyperbole police! We have been alerted to several reports of some suburbian white guys complaining about racism. Ok I am going to give you a warning. You have 60 days to put on your big boy britches and stop being a whiny kid. Seriously. Time to grow up.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    And what gives you the idea that i didn't read it what i was showing that you can dismiss it as a coincidence all you want but 7 out of the 10 cites are run by democrats and the other 3 are left leaning independent and all but one come from states with democrat governors
    Now you can ignore the correlation if you want most liberals dismiss history and facts and only go by ideology and ignore anything that counters it
    There's correlation and then there's causation. It seems even you know which side your comments fall on.

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    The Detroit/Flint thing is not really connected to democratic leadership. Both cities were fundamentally screwed over when the auto industry declined and weren't able to recover. Both also have very nice suburbs and are essentially white flight cases. Detroit has some of the wealthiest suburbs in the entire country, which is something that few people seem to realize. Bloomfield Hills, MI is the 2nd richest neighborhood (in terms of per capita income) in the country.

    As a side note, I find Flint to be much worse than Detroit. Detroit has some truly scorched earth areas, but Flint has a top-to-bottom hopelessness that Detroit can't really replicate.
    Yep Oakland county was in the top 10 of the richest counties prior to the financial crisis. They are still decently high compared to average for counties but not really in the top 10.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 02:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    And what gives you the idea that i didn't read it what i was showing that you can dismiss it as a coincidence all you want but 7 out of the 10 cites are run by democrats and the other 3 are left leaning independent and all but one come from states with democrat governors
    Now you can ignore the correlation if you want most liberals dismiss history and facts and only go by ideology and ignore anything that counters it
    All but two. Flint and Detroit are in the same State and are run by the same Governor.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    And what gives you the idea that i didn't read it
    The fact that even on the first page of the article you linked, different cities are described as having very different issues?

    You probably couldn't even name an actual "liberal" policy and the problem it supposedly caused if your life depended on it.

    Also it's pretty damn funny that you say people shouldn't "dismiss history" when you're the one expecting us to draw meaningful inferences from just the current leadership and nothing else.
    Last edited by stumpy; 2013-02-23 at 07:56 AM.

  16. #56
    Vyxn, you are an idiot. i say that, hoping you know i mean to toss as much disrespect your way as possible. im not coming at you sideways, i want there to be no misunderstanding here.

    ignorance is not stupidity, however openly embracing ignorance IS the ESSENCE of stupidity. you sir, are stupid to your foundation.

    i live in CA, and im very familiar with vallejo, stockton, and modesto. your implication that "liberals ruin cities" is laughable......well it would be laughable if i knew that stupid people couldnt vote. instead its just a sad testament to why we as a populace are drowning in misinformation, and some people (like you) are embracing said misinformation as if it was handed down from on high.

    modesto and stockton CA are both central valley towns. as such, they have 2 things in abundance: redneck conservative white trash, and mexicans. what made those 2 towns miserable? the housing market crash. a crash that happened when we had a republican as governor, and a repbulican dominated federal government. it happened on YOUR TEAMS WATCH. hate to tell you guy, but your horse in the race shit all over the track, and it aint anyone elses fault that they got shit on their hooves because of it.

    man the fuck up, and take responsibility for the fact that the republicans did their level best to run this once great country into the ground from 2000-2008. then we'll talk.

    vallejo, well thats another story. vallejo was once an army town, and for a long time also served the mare island ship yards (over 500 submarines built there). when budget cuts closed the bases, things went to hell. as they do in ANY town that has that happen. it doesnt matter who is at the wheel when that happens, conservative or liberal.

    learn what yer talking about first dipshit. THEN open yer mouth.

    Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-02-23 at 08:33 AM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    The Detroit/Flint thing is not really connected to democratic leadership. Both cities were fundamentally screwed over when the auto industry declined and weren't able to recover. Both also have very nice suburbs and are essentially white flight cases. Detroit has some of the wealthiest suburbs in the entire country, which is something that few people seem to realize. Bloomfield Hills, MI is the 2nd richest neighborhood (in terms of per capita income) in the country. Michigan is kind of a weird place. There's a lot of de facto segregation and the racial and economic composition of the state is heavily influenced by it.

    As a side note, I find Flint to be much worse than Detroit. Detroit has some truly scorched earth areas, but Flint has a top-to-bottom hopelessness that Detroit can't really replicate.
    it wasn't the decline of the auto industry that drove those cities to ruin it was the business unfriendly democrat policies of high taxes and expensive union labor that drove the auto industry to leave and go to more business friendly places
    and instead of those cities learning from their mistakes they just doubled down on stupid
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-02-23 at 08:06 AM.

  18. #58
    oh ya, flint and detroit can point all their problems directly at yer republican greek god, AKA "ronnie cowboy reagan" and his full tilt fanatical union busting jackass-ed-ness.

    wanna know where those U.S. jobs went?

    hard to tell the boss you'll go on strike if he ships any jobs over seas when someones busted your union. funny how that works.
    Last edited by Lefthandpath; 2013-02-23 at 08:05 AM.

  19. #59
    Cities suck for various reasons and here how people analyze the issues:

    Democrats: "Republicans fault"
    Republicans: "Democrats fault"

    2 party system for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  20. #60
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    what do all these cities have in common?
    They are cities, and like all cities they're overcrowded and full of traffic, noise, pollution, and assholes?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •