Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    All of them are in the US, US confirmed for 3rd world country.
    No duh, it's a list of the worst cities in the U.S. You should probably read the article before commenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    No duh, it's a list of the worst cities in the U.S. You should probably read the article before commenting.
    doesnt even need to do that since the link clearly says 10 worst cities in us in the url.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

damn and im from new york....not going to lie im depressed half the time lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    That, and UnC was being sarcastic.
    and how exactly does one detect sarcasm when you are unable to read facial expressions?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    That, and UnC was being sarcastic.
    I'l take my dunce cap and sit in the corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean it wasnt subtle sarcasm "confirmed for 3rd world country". :P
    Considering the opinions I've seen, it wouldn't have surprised me.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    According to Forbes rankings The top ten miserable cities:

1. Detroit, MI

2. Flint, MI

3. Rockford, IL

4. Chicago, IL

5. Modesto, CA

6. Vallejo, CA

7. Warren, MI

8. Stockton, CA

9. Lake County, IL

10. New York, NY

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...erable-cities/

what do all these cities have in common?
    A lot of black people

Received infraction.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-02-24 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    A lot of black people
    what exactly does that have to do with anything? any other race is just as capable of crime.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what exactly does that have to do with anything? any other race is just as capable of crime.
    yes they are but most cultures are not based around crime

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    EEccchhhh, if you wanna go down this road you'd do well to make a compelling lengthy argument, 1 liners arent going to keep this thread open for much longer.
    insert the lyrics to any rap song here for a compelling argument about popular black culture.
    insert the exploits of black icons like ray lewis, randy moss, ocho cinico, any rapper, kat williams ect ect all criminals
    insert a political report from most any nation in africa
    i might be the bad guy for saying it but it doesnt change the fact that its true

10+ Year Old Account
    insert the lyrics to any rap song here for a compelling argument about popular black culture.
    insert the exploits of black icons like ray lewis, randy moss, ocho cinico, any rapper, kat williams ect ect all criminals
    insert a political report from most any nation in africa
    i might be the bad guy for saying it but it doesnt change the fact that its true
    in other words you have no argument and are just using stereotypes/war torn countries to back up your point.

A lot of black people
    Woah there buddy I be you wouldnt say that to my or any other black persons face unless you want to get hit

and how exactly does one detect sarcasm when you are unable to read facial expressions?
    It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Woah there buddy I be you wouldnt say that to my or any other black persons face unless you want to get hit
    proving his point

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy. The only thing that is required is this: you do not automatically assume a person is stupid. The rest is easy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    proving his point
    Proving his point,not really. Don't say x stupid racist thing to x people unless you want to get punched, same goes for calling people gooks, chinks, and spics. So it's not proving his point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Proving his point,not really. Don't say x stupid racist thing to x people unless you want to get punched, same goes for calling people gooks, chinks, and spics. So it's not proving his point.
    Not every commentary about culture is racist. While it isn't to the extent that the person said, there is a large culture of violence amongst African Americans. I'd leave actual Africa out of it since those are a combination of things. But there is a reason why certain types of Rappers exist and thrive on a culture of violence (even if it is perceived or "fake" violence).

It isn't racist to acknowledge that, or racist to state it. Its a problem that has nothing to do with race, but is one that is a larger problem amongst certain races.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not every commentary about culture is racist. While it isn't to the extent that the person said, there is a large culture of violence amongst African Americans. I'd leave actual Africa out of it since those are a combination of things. But there is a reason why certain types of Rappers exist and thrive on a culture of violence (even if it is perceived or "fake" violence).

It isn't racist to acknowledge that, or racist to state it. Its a problem that has nothing to do with race, but is one that is a larger problem amongst certain races.
    top 10 miserable cities, why "lots of black people" are you being willfully blind to his post or something? Socio economics of blacks in this country are the way they are for a historical reason, throw in issues and have rappers from those areas rapping and what else will they talk about? Living in the suburbs and growing up there?!

"New York City is a miserable place because of all the niggers." is pretty much how he comes across.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    top 10 miserable cities, why "lots of black people" are you being willfully blind to his post or something? Socio economics of blacks in this country are the way they are for a historical reason, throw in issues and have rappers from those areas rapping and what else will they talk about? Living in the suburbs and growing up there?!

"New York City is a miserable place because of all the niggers." is pretty much how he comes across.
    Right the glorification of violence, guns, and drugs is all about historical reasons and has nothing to do with present day culture. As I said his comments were a little strong but they do have some merit in that there is a large culture that gravitates towards the criminal aspect of life. If that culture didn't exist I can guarantee you that Detroit and Flint wouldn't hold the spot they do on that list.

So now we have to invent racist insults? If he is coming across like that to you then its clear you are just labeling everything as the most extreme of racist comments. Which means we can't actually have a discussion about the points he raised later on such as the sub-culture that is predominate amongst blacks.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-24 at 01:14 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes they are but most cultures are not based around crime
    Too bad you're wrong.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/17/17097.html

Lake County is comprised of:

83.2% White people.
    Only 7.4% Black people.
    And then 6.6% Asian people.

And then - Black culture is not "based" around crime, that's a ridiculous statement to make.

Rockford is also on there:

65.1% White, 20.5% Black.

But facts don't mean anything to you, do they?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water