Dragonsworn: Fan Made Class Concept

Dragonsworn Fan Class Concept

Possible Lore: With the Aspects removal of their immortality they seem to feel as if they have little or no purpose in the world. When a new threat emerges the Aspects still believe it is the mortals duties to protect the world. However they now bestow powers among those chosen of the mortal races. These chosen are known as the Dragonsworn. Even though each Dragonsworn may represent the interest of the Horde or Alliance as individuals prior to becoming Dragonsworn, they share a common goal and unite against the new threat to defeat it. Much like Deathwing and the Lich King. Both Horde and Alliance have common enemies, and that’s why the Dragonsworn exist. To help the mortal races defeat common enemies, which may threaten them or the world.

Armour Proficiency: Mail

Resource: Mana

Secondary Resource: Essence – Behaves similar to runic power. Except it isn’t a requirement for abilities, instead it boosts the damage or healing of certain abilities. Think something similar to arcane mages mastery. You’ll need to manage your essence gaining abilities with those that expel it.

Empowerments (Behaves similar to a Death Knights Presence’s or a warrior’s stances)

Ruby Empowerment: Increase to healing & crit
    Amber Empowerment: Reduces damage taken and increases armor.
    Emerald Empowerment: Increases damage done and haste.

Specializations:

Life-Binder (Healer):
    Mainly uses the fire of the Red Dragonflight to heal friendly targets.

Weapons proficiencies: DW Daggers, DW 1H Swords, Polearms

Dreamer (Melee DPS):
    Mainly uses nature based damage abilities of the Green Dragonflight along with some fire to deal damage to enemy targets. Possess some utility.

Weapon proficiencies: 2H Sword, Polearms

Timeless (Tank):
    Mainly uses the temporal forces of the Bronze Dragonflight to alter time to it’s benefit of mitigating damage.

Weapon proficiencies: Shield & 1H Sword, Shield & Polearm

Sample Class Abilities.

Dream Funnel – Project a cone of healing energy, healing up to 6 of the most injured targets in your party or raid within 30 yards for (x amount). (x long) cool down.

Touch of Nightmare – Causes the enemy target to flee in fear for 3 secs. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. (x long) cast time (x long) cool down.

Deep Slumber – Lulls an enemy into a deep sleep for 8 sec., rendering it unable to act, but also making it invulnerable. (x amount) cast time.

Draconic Poison (passive) – Your weapon strikes have x% chance of applying Draconic poison to your target, causing (x amount) of damage over (x secs). Stacks up to 5 times.

Draconic Acid – Deals (x amount) of damage plus (x amount) over 20 secs, and causing 3 applications of weakened armour debuff.

Temporal Rift – Damage you receive will be redirected into the Temporal Rift.

Time Stop - Sends a temporal force wave in front of you stopping time, stunning all targets within 10 yards for 4 secs.

Searing Wrath – An instant strike that deals 150% weapon damage as fire damage. 8 sec cooldown.

Healing Flame – Heals the target for x amount 1.5 sec cast time. (A quick small mana efficient heal.)

Class Specific Summonable Armoured Drake (Just a basic idea or concept of what it could look like)

10+ Year Old Account
    I always love these, looks interesting.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

You've given this a lot of thought. The images are amazing, and I like most of your ideas even those in your signature. In fact, I have thought a lot about them myself.

And so has Blizzard, no doubt. Unfortunately though, they need reasons as to why this class, or any class and race, is the best one to put in.
    And I don't see this happening. Yes, I am quite certain that if we got an expansion focused on Azeroth's problems, or the Emerald Dream, or any combo thereof, it would certainly be a likely choice. I was hoping for these in Cataclysm, actually.

Unfortunately Cataclysm has made the Blizzard fanbase completely sick of dragons, overall. Mild exaggeration, but you get my point. Dragons are cool, but they are not going to build the next expansion around it. Neither is it likely to be set in Azeroth. Cataclysm has also shown that an expansion needs a central continent, or people will feel things are too divided.

I'd love to go Dragonsworn myself. In fact, one of my roleplay characters is a former one, but in the end, Blizzard will go with what will be most popular. And right now, I fear this isn't it. Maybe if there's an expansion after the following one.

(This is just my opinion on things btw. Feel free to disagree!)

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks pretty good. I'd definitely give it a try if they put this in the game. Good idea!

Aw, no blue dragon love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a cool idea. It'd be nice if, for their "burst CD," they could temporarily transform into a drakkonid from their respective flight.

Though the name dragonsworn might need a change up. A bit too similar. I can already see it now.

"You should have acted.
    They're already here.
    Wrathion told of their return.
    Their defeat... was merely delay;
    Til the time after Pandaria opened,
    When the sons of Azeroth would spill their own blood.
    But no one wanted to believe.
    Believe they would come back.
    And when the truth finally dawns:
    It dawns in fel fire!
    But,
    There are ones they fear.
    In their tongue, they are...

DRAGONSWORN!

FUS RO DAH!"

Maybe just... drakon adept, or something like that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of it for the most part. Some things would need tweeking, however I really don't think WoW will ever have a new class. It's hard enough to balance with 11 classes especially with only 10 spots in a raid. Maybe if they increased raiding to 15m but idk. Also I'm pretty sure I heard a very similar idea a few years ago on these very forums -.-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No blue dragonflight?