Appreciate any tips tanking Wind Lord 10H :)

Hi everyone we just started progression on wind lord 10H tonight, and getting him to 46%. I think we should be able to get him next raid with more practice. But I really appreciate any tips about this boss as dk tank.

We, unfortunately, have no priest... So I was taking a shit ton of damage when mender and the battlemasters are both up. And I assume our dps isn't great enough atm to maintain 1 group up all the time (if it is expected). We went like kill menders->dps boss->kill battlemasters->dps boss (menders respawn as soon as battlemasters die)->kill menders (battlemasters respawn during this time and we wipe... It's about 4 min after fight starts so my IBF is up again, but still more dangerous than beginning)

And unfortunately log didn't record our attempts for some reason

Just any general tips as dk tank (or raid overall) is appreciated tyvm!

BTW our group is
    Tank: DK
    Healer: Shaman, Monk, Druid
    Dps: SV Hunter*2, Frost DK, Boomkin, Pally, Aff Lock

Just because you lack a priest doesn't mean you dont dispel.
    I assume both hunters and either the boomkin or the resto shaman can purge the blademasters (focus macro 1 each) to do the same as the priest does. Your Frost DK or the remaining boomkin/resto need to purge/icy touch the boss to keep his stacks clean all the while you the pally and frost dk are interrupting mending.

Fun stuff I know, but it's what you gotta do with no priest.

The boss needs to be dispelled even if you have to glyph it to do it yourself.

You weren't entirely clear on what was wiping you so its hard to make suggestions. I assume your problem is staying alive but are you struggling during the recklessness? Or when you have 6 adds+boss on you?

If you are dying during recklessness I would suggest you try out death siphon. It heals for loads during that time and you can almost be ignored.

Deleted
    Sounds like a dispel issue, if you've got no priest that doesn't mean things don't get dispelled - it means someone else needs to step up.

Both hunters can, your frost dk can, you can and your warlock should take GOSUP over GOSAC if you need a dispell - then it's a case of getting people to pay attention and re-pick (and mark) their target when it respawns, just like interupters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    Just because you lack a priest doesn't mean you dont dispel.
    I assume both hunters and either the boomkin or the resto shaman can purge the blademasters (focus macro 1 each) to do the same as the priest does. Your Frost DK or the remaining boomkin/resto need to purge/icy touch the boss to keep his stacks clean all the while you the pally and frost dk are interrupting mending.

Fun stuff I know, but it's what you gotta do with no priest.
    That is correct. I know it's not impossible, but just saying it will be much harder without spriest We do have them dispeling and I heard shaman said she was too busy dispelling and that was when I died...

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    The boss needs to be dispelled even if you have to glyph it to do it yourself.

You weren't entirely clear on what was wiping you so its hard to make suggestions. I assume your problem is staying alive but are you struggling during the recklessness? Or when you have 6 adds+boss on you?

If you are dying during recklessness I would suggest you try out death siphon. It heals for loads during that time and you can almost be ignored.
    Nah it was when I have 6 adds and boss.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Sounds like a dispel issue, if you've got no priest that doesn't mean things don't get dispelled - it means someone else needs to step up.

Both hunters can, your frost dk can, you can and your warlock should take GOSUP over GOSAC if you need a dispell - then it's a case of getting people to pay attention and re-pick (and mark) their target when it respawns, just like interupters.
    Yep we got every dispel that we have. Guess it's just harder without priest and simply needs more practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    most importantly: Dispel the boss and Blademasters (with their Kor'tik Strike) has the highest priority. Also be sure to spec into Blood Tap and save 10 (a DS) for every time after they come back from the Kor'tik Strike.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

has the paladin decent tanking gear?
    with the high vengeance of HC windlord and battle healer he can pretty much heal the whole raid allowing the healers to focus on him and freeing up you as dps in order to help out with the purging

Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    most importantly: Dispel the boss and Blademasters (with their Kor'tik Strike) has the highest priority. Also be sure to spec into Blood Tap and save 10 (a DS) for every time after they come back from the Kor'tik Strike.
    Hmm is there any specific reason saving for them coming back?

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    has the paladin decent tanking gear?
    with the high vengeance of HC windlord and battle healer he can pretty much heal the whole raid allowing the healers to focus on him and freeing up you as dps in order to help out with the purging
    That's really a good thinking. I've heard pally has been OP tanking this. Unfortunately he isn't geared enough atm We just started to gear his tanking spec for back up not too long ago

Deleted
    Hmm is there any specific reason saving for them coming back?
    When they come back all three of them will line-up their auto-attacks together, which hurts a fair bit.

That's really a good thinking. I've heard pally has been OP tanking this. Unfortunately he isn't geared enough atm We just started to gear his tanking spec for back up not too long ago
    It's definitely possible with a dk tank, that being said, you are far better off with a pala tank than a dk tank if the gear difference isn't huge (>10 ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    When they come back all three of them will line-up their auto-attacks together, which hurts a fair bit.

It's definitely possible with a dk tank, that being said, you are far better off with a pala tank than a dk tank if the gear difference isn't huge (>10 ilvl).
    OK thanks I'll try that And unfortunately our ilvl difference is huge atm <.< Our group is not very nice I know. Makes many bosses harder. The frost dk is the other tank. We had a hard time progressing on gara'jal lol And without priest or warrior, I don't expect to attempt Spirit Kings since 5.2 is coming soon

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:25 PM ----------

Killed him Just made it through the 2nd wave of boss + 6 adds and everything became faceroll <.< Thanks guys!