Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocolas View Post
    ...really? I guess people need a tutorial to turn tutorials on. Transmogging is so hard it needs a guide? Wow,you are right, the audience is apparently babies and the pandas prove this.

    Edit - every time I make a new toon, I don't want to be trapped in tutorial-land, ex- gilneas or lost isles.
    You really think just having features there and explaining fuck all about them unless you read a forum or an external website is a good thing? :x


    Also, people are seriously delusional if you think you really learn how to do any endgame activity, outside of, say... dailies, perhaps, from leveling.

    What sort of community are you people playing with where you think people who don't know stuff beyond the basics at the end game aren't going to be treated like total fucking shit by the horrible community?

    You basically won't know why you need to cap hit/expertise if you don't go to an external website, and have never done end-game activities before. At best, you could get a grasp of why you'd cap it for stuff that's level 90, but very few people who are new to MMOs are going to know why that even matters or what it means, past that. And, again, they sure as hell aren't going to know what Reforging is.

    If anything, this all sounds like a grand scheme by "certain" people to keep "undesirables" away from "their" content, more than anything.
    Last edited by Otiswhitaker; 2013-02-23 at 08:54 PM.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    You really think just having features there and explaining fuck all about them unless you read a forum or an external website is a good thing? :x


    Also, people are seriously delusional if you think you really learn how to do any endgame activity, outside of, say... dailies, perhaps, from leveling.

    What sort of community are you people playing with where you think people who don't know stuff beyond the basics at the end game aren't going to be treated like total fucking shit by the horrible community?

    You basically won't know why you need to cap hit/expertise if you don't go to an external website, and have never done end-game activities before. At best, you could get a grasp of why you'd cap it for stuff that's level 90, but very few people who are new to MMOs are going to know why that even matters or what it means, past that. And, again, they sure as hell aren't going to know what Reforging is.

    If anything, this all sounds like a grand scheme by "certain" people to keep "undesirables" away from "their" content, more than anything.
    Seems to me like a people issue, rather than a lack of tutorial
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

  3. #63
    Field Marshal Alocolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    America, what a country.
    Posts
    55
    I PvP. If you keep missing a boss wouldn't it be logical to add more hit rating? Boss parries more expertise? Lol.

    I guess mop wow is hard right? No.
    Last edited by Alocolas; 2013-02-24 at 09:46 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    They could use some tutorials on BG start
    If anyone cant understand BG objectives they should just quit. Seriously how hard is it it play WSG? Is capturing a flag too hard for majority of WoW players that they need a tutorial for it? At least with raids and dungeons bosses can be confusing for some people if they have never done them. But if some people find grabbing a flag and running back to your base and killing the guy that took your flag hard then this game obviously is lightyears beyond their intelligence and they are probably retarded IRL.

    Same for every BG:

    EOTS hold 3 towers, not hard.
    AB hold 3 nodes, not hard.
    AV and Isle zerg enemy base and kill their boss before they kill yours, not hard.
    Strand: Blow up doors get to relic, then stop them from doing it, not hard

  5. #65
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    If anyone cant understand BG objectives they should just quit. Seriously how hard is it it play WSG? Is capturing a flag too hard for majority of WoW players that they need a tutorial for it? At least with raids and dungeons bosses can be confusing for some people if they have never done them. But if some people find grabbing a flag and running back to your base and killing the guy that took your flag hard then this game obviously is lightyears beyond their intelligence and they are probably retarded IRL.

    Same for every BG:

    EOTS hold 3 towers, not hard.
    AB hold 3 nodes, not hard.
    AV and Isle zerg enemy base and kill their boss before they kill yours, not hard.
    Strand: Blow up doors get to relic, then stop them from doing it, not hard
    Untrue. Alterac Valley is pretty confusing the first time through. Especially if you get the wrong idea and think the looting and quest objectives are worth it (like in the old days). You gotta clear your mind and think like a noob. Don't just go "ehhh they should QUIT!" No noob will completely understand "cap the towers!" when they enter AV. What tower? Where? What do these towers do? I capped it, time to not guard it! There's so many factors! WSG is easy enough because its a classic gamestyle that kids play in their youth in the playground or during gym class, but things like AV and IoC are gonna take some explaining.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    While waiting for 5.2 to come out I recently went back to Aion since its free to play.
    What do you mean it's free ?? It's totally free ?? all levels, all dungeons, all battlegrounds are unlocked ?? you can speak to other players freely without limitations ?? If this is true then i would love to try Aion out.
    Last edited by Cytheria; 2013-02-24 at 10:26 PM.

  7. #67
    Warchief Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,167
    they did add tutorials and stuff ingame when a new account makes a new character... or just when you make a new character can't remember for sure... but it's pretty detailed anyway from what I saw(didn't bother much since there's not much I don't know already, but generally it was pretty solid)

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    What do you mean it's free ?? It's totally free ?? all levels, all dungeons, all battlegrounds are unlocked ?? you can speak to other players freely without limitations ?? If this is true then i would love to try Aion out.
    nah there are ridiculous cooldowns for dungeons and stuff like that... tbh it isn't worth it ... and when I say ridiculous I mean like u can do one per week or some stupid shit like that don't really remember... anyway played for a week when it first came out and then the limitations just made me stop... TERA does it much better even though it's basically the same system(cooldown on dungeons and stuff)

  8. #68
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/

    It doesn't tell you how to play, and it shouldn't, but I would say it's close enough to get you started. There are also official strategy guides and online strategy guides that anyone that knows anything about games would know are available if that isn't good enough. And, last I knew, there were tips when you make a new character on a new account that you can disable if you don't want them in your face, which I don't. As for Aion I think they put too much time into their guide and not enough time into making their game actually good.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    *Logs in*
    *Turns tutorial off*
    *Goes to a forum to ask about the lack of a tutorial*

    Escape > Interface > Check 'Tutorials' > Problem solved!
    My Spellbook even has a page with 'Core Abilities' and 'What has changed?'
    I was thinking something along these lines. Most of the game is simple enough that all you need to progress is some basic reading and math skills. Learning the interface is a matter of pressing buttons at random until you figure out where everything is. Learning all the mechanics of combat can be more complicated but most players don't care about how the mechanics work. You don't even want to know the fastest way to level when you're a noob, you just want to have fun. If you are long time player you either have friends you can ask or you know where to look for the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.

  10. #70
    Stood in the Fire Korgesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warchiefs Command-board
    Posts
    417
    sometimes I wonder if they know wtf their even designing, I don't feel like WoW has had a solid idea as a game for a while or if it does it doesn't feel like their doing a very good job

  11. #71
    Because you have to be pants on head retarded not to figure out how to play a lvl 1 character in wow.

  12. #72
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    There is a "tips" feature in the UI that can be enabled.
    The leveling process is a tutorial.
    Additionally, there are any number of high-quality websites out there which contain an Encyclopedia's worth of information about WoW.

    I'm sure the information you want (fastest way to level, farm gold etc) is out there if you bother to look for it. Anyway, why not play the game and figure it out for yourself? It might actually be fun
    don't have to be enabled. it's on by default.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Everything you need to know? That is if you have enough brainpower to breath on your own... and since you are posting here, I guess you can breath.
    so it teach u what stats to use, what spells to use and other stuff?
    since i see plenty off dk's that still run around in int, agi or greenies with only resistence on them in TBC instances

    My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

  14. #74
    The game is so simple, easy and straightforward that it doesn't need an explicit tutorial. Those "tutorial" tips that appear on screen during your first playthrough are more than adequate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    why isnt there a decent Tutorial for people who might not know the fastest ways to level or have tons of gold or BoA gear?
    You don't need to know the fastest way to level, what you need to know on your first playthrough is which way is the most fun. Which only you can know, and only by trying everything.

    Leave obsessing over efficiency until you're a cynical old player on his 10th toon. Plenty of time for that crap later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    What do you mean it's free ?? It's totally free ?? all levels, all dungeons, all battlegrounds are unlocked ?? you can speak to other players freely without limitations ?? If this is true then i would love to try Aion out.
    Yup all content unlocked level to max no gear restrictions just like Tera. Also they even added a new server just for new players called "Fast Track Server" so theres tons of groups. Also roll Asmodian faction as they get all kinds of perks cause they are so outnumbered like free gear.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Which teaches you what about the game?
    um, HOW TO PLAY IT?!

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Because you have to be pants on head retarded not to figure out how to play a lvl 1 character in wow.
    The tutorial I linked guides you to 50 including a few dungeons. Also apparently most people are "pants on head retarded". Make a new alt right now and level at least to the Scarlet Monastery instances and see how many people only spam 1 ability(usually not even their best one), or do 25 DPS, or are wearing the wrong gear. Or how many tanks think its cool to pull 2 mobs at a time.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 07:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    um, HOW TO PLAY IT?!
    Your statement is flawed because then most people at max level wouldnt be so horrible at both PvE and especially PvP.

  18. #78
    It's a pretty simple game, you learn while leveling.

  19. #79
    High Overlord Azulor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    163
    Even if there was a 'tutorial' system... the god awful players would still find a way of being able to pull only 15k dps in H dungeons...

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxicon View Post
    It's a pretty simple game, you learn while leveling.
    You don't learn how to operate in a high level environment, though, because it's so easy. A tutorial wouldn't help, either; people learn by doing, not by seeing. To make the learning curve less steep, you'd have to go back and redo all the levelling content to include endgame mechanics so that people learn by failing.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •