Thread: 5.2 Fire

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So for 5.2, at what ilvl would you recommend a mage could safely go Fire and do more damage than Arc or Frost assuming a fairly high skill level at all 3 specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    So for 5.2, at what ilvl would you recommend a mage could safely go Fire and do more damage than Arc or Frost assuming a fairly high skill level at all 3 specs?
    495+ is fine for Fire as long as you can play with 35%+ crit.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    After som PTR testing, I would say everything over 510. It´s not just the dps that works out, but the QoL is back as it was prenerf too

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    After som PTR testing, I would say everything over 510. It´s not just the dps that works out, but the QoL is back as it was prenerf too
    Erm, besides Pyro Crits, what QoL have we gained, if any, this entire expansion?

You could say Invo QoL, but the nerf kinda makes up for it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's not because it's nerfed that it' not a QoL improvement. The main concern i have with my mage actually is that every time i have to move it's a pain in the ass, and the change of invoc will make it less painful.
    The higher pyro proc rate will probably also help efficiently filling moves during encounters (even if part on rng). Smthing we're terribly bad at atm.

Most of us never felt so bound to the ground than we are actually, i personnally would welcome the possibility to move a little more efficiently even if at the cost of a few k dps.

Deleted
    Don't act like Fire is a good spec right now... it can do good DMG on some bosses (for example Sha of Fear HC especially in 25man or Wind Lord HC) but even on these bosses you will be nothing but a weaker version of an affliction warlock. And on all other bosses you will be 20-30% behind what arcane can do.
    The only reason to play fire is that Arcane gets nerfed so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done much research for 5.2 personally so I have a question for you guys. At the moment I am sitting at ilvl 508 with gear that is mostly statted towards mastery as I play mastery arcane at the moment. When 5.2 hits, because of the fact that I have a *lot* of mastery while not having much crit, will frost be better than fire for me or should it be about equal?

(I've got Heroic Regail's and Heroic Lei Shi staff in my bags upgraded so unless I get Loshan I'll be using whichever of those sim the highest)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Kefka/simple

Edit: After having done some reading I'm inclined to say that fire might be a bit better.
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2013-02-23 at 09:00 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctz View Post
    It's not because it's nerfed that it' not a QoL improvement. The main concern i have with my mage actually is that every time i have to move it's a pain in the ass, and the change of invoc will make it less painful.
    The higher pyro proc rate will probably also help efficiently filling moves during encounters (even if part on rng). Smthing we're terribly bad at atm.

Most of us never felt so bound to the ground than we are actually, i personnally would welcome the possibility to move a little more efficiently even if at the cost of a few k dps.
    Sadly though, as Frost/Arcane, this won't matter at all as you'll be even more bound to the ground without Scorch.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Don't act like Fire is a good spec right now... it can do good DMG on some bosses (for example Sha of Fear HC especially in 25man or Wind Lord HC) but even on these bosses you will be nothing but a weaker version of an affliction warlock. And on all other bosses you will be 20-30% behind what arcane can do.
    Pics/logs or it didn't happen.

I'll have WoLs up Monday night for Heroic HoF (Normal AS/Empress, unless we suck at our H Vizier progression, then just heroic first 4). I've got tons of Arcane WoLs to compare em to.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    with a 501 ilvl, 11.3k crit rating or 36.79% crit on my char sheet (43.93% after critical mass) before ~16.5k in intellect procs (more than 7% crit before critical mass with lightweave embroidery/synapse springs/jade spirit/relic of yu'lon/light of the cosmos/potion), i am pretty excited about a 530 ilvl in addition to the 2pc and 4pc from our tier bonuses... not to mention the trinket procs going from 3k & 4k to ~7.5k each... not too happy about the mild invocation/living bomb nerfs, but i suppose they needed a change as both options were clearly the best. hopefully after the changes go through they will realize how homogeneous Rune of Power & Invocation are, both 15% damage with 3 sec of cast time per 1 minute, assuming 2 runes, and revamp them all. but it will still all work out quite well in the end.

all the procs with raid buffs
    Last edited by elpadrino293; 2013-02-24 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Erm, besides Pyro Crits, what QoL have we gained, if any, this entire expansion?

You could say Invo QoL, but the nerf kinda makes up for it.
    The QoL I was talking about was the crit rating, and the amount of Instant Pyroblasts we get. After the nerf fire got really clunky and boring because of no crit. But if you look at ilvl 510+ we are almost back at the same amount of crit that we had pre nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    The QoL I was talking about was the crit rating, and the amount of Instant Pyroblasts we get. After the nerf fire got really clunky and boring because of no crit. But if you look at ilvl 510+ we are almost back at the same amount of crit that we had pre nerf.
    even at 501 i'm passed the amount of crit i had prenerf... by at least ~2%.

depends fully on the gear you had pre-nerf, for me.. I got 750 more crit rating than back then, so I still get far far far less crits than before.. Then again I did have pretty good gear before the nerf, so might be different for others

well in 5.2 theres like 17 gem sockets?? and 90% of gear have crit on them so yea fire will be "hot"
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    so yea fire will be "hot"
    I really want to throw tomatoes at you for that one -_-

PoM pyro blasts in deep for more pewpew in pvp! Fire mages can already be deadly when deep freezing someone lol. Can't wait for 5.2 pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skall View Post
    496 atm, you mean on live? how did it work instead of arcane?
    ~140k 4-5min patchwerk style fight @ 501 ilvl

In all 522 gear with 4piece (assuming you grab the right pieces ///crit pieces) we will have around 52% crit and 58%ish with pyro.

This is standard flask/food/buffs. No procs/trinkets/pots etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roidzilla View Post
    In all 522 gear with 4piece (assuming you grab the right pieces ///crit pieces) we will have around 52% crit and 58%ish with pyro.

This is standard flask/food/buffs. No procs/trinkets/pots etc.
    Here comes the nerf train!

HOOTHOOT!
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Here comes the nerf train!

HOOTHOOT!
    Yeah, it's pretty much guaranteed.

We'll have had ALL THREE of our speccs nerfed in the next tier (includes 5.3), with Frost being on the fence, based on RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    52% crit after CM I assume? Still, that would be very strong. I can most certainly see a nerf being realistic a couple of months into 5.2 when gear is starting to get spread around quite a bit.

I'm just not sure what the purpose of CM is at the moment. It seems to be an uninteresting mechanic and a scaling issue that won't go away unless changed. It's nice to have something that is a bit special but for an extremely stat dependant spec (crit obviously), having a multiplier on that stat just seems silly.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.