Thread: 5.2 Fire

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Man i'm so sad about what is happening with mages... Arcane gets nerfed to the ground and is generally one of the worse specs for progress, if its not even doing dmg anymore i really dont think its any good.

Fire is so weak right now... i have ilvl 509 and even when going full crit it still doesn't really feel "smooth" to play it, still very RNG dependant, long periods of no crits can destroy your dps entirely. One would think that with a small buff the spec could do really well, but instead we get a NERF. Only good thing is, that there are lots of cleavefights in 5.2 and movement is no problem with fire.

Frost: Iirc there were no buffs or nerfs... it is so much worse on singletarget fights than arcane that i dont think it can compete outside of aoe heavy fights. Also not very great when moving.
    To be honest it's not as bad as you make it out to be. I have ilvl 505 and don't ever feel im going very long periods without crits and I've been playing fire now for a week and a half or something like that. And in 5.2 we will have both PoM and scorch which will be very good + the increased gear lvl and fire will be a very decent specc in my opinion.

Deleted
    this is a Major nerf to fire, 10% of pyro its also 10% of ignite and 10% of combustion

15+ Year Old Account
    with the higher crit rates, the 10% dmg won't be noticed because you'll actually be getting crits, and pyros off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    this is a Major nerf to fire, 10% of pyro its also 10% of ignite and 10% of combustion
    maybe not major, but i would have rather it been fireball -10% dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    maybe not major, but i would have rather it been fireball -10% dmg.
    nah at higher crit% you will be getting much more pyros. Your number 1 dmg dealer will be pyros (like it was by a good margin pre5.1) so in order to keep the Devs hands off of CM for a little longer i think this is the better choice overall from fireball

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    nah at higher crit% you will be getting much more pyros. Your number 1 dmg dealer will be pyros (like it was by a good margin pre5.1) so in order to keep the Devs hands off of CM for a little longer i think this is the better choice overall from fireball
    pyroblast already does more damage than any other spells.

They just posted the official complete patch notes for 5.2, and I do not see the 10% nerf to pyroblast on there. I'm hoping they just reverted it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    They just posted the official complete patch notes for 5.2, and I do not see the 10% nerf to pyroblast on there. I'm hoping they just reverted it..
    Where did they post this?

The PTR notes were never updated with the newest change for Pyroblast and some other changes. They were updated last February 25

I don't think they reverted it.
    Last edited by mmoc7d71a9b0aa; 2013-03-04 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeder View Post
    Where did they post this?

The PTR notes were never updated with the newest change for Pyroblast and some other changes. They were updated last February 25

I don't think they reverted it.
    Its actually posted on the front page of MMO Champion right now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

This part.
    Critical Mass - nerf reverted. It's back to 30%.
    Pyroblast - direct damage reduced 10%.

Critical Mass was nerfed to 1.2 again previously. (few days after 5.1 hit, it was nerfed to 1.2, but slightly buffed to 1.3 again after that.)
    But they revised this CM 1.2 nerf again in 5.2 PTR.
    But then they decided this change will punish people with low ilvl geared people.
    So they reverted CM and simply nerfed the spell damage, which I think is good.

Because I think if they are going to nerf fire, they should nerf the spell damage and not the crit multiplier.
    It just ruins the fun for fire if people don't have the best gear available.(lack of crits means you'll be spamming fireball majority of time)
    Last edited by Menphis; 2013-03-04 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    Its actually posted on the front page of MMO Champion right now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Daily-Blink

This part.
    Critical Mass - nerf reverted. It's back to 30%.
    Pyroblast - direct damage reduced 10%.

Critical Mass was nerfed to 1.2 again previously. (few days after 5.1 hit, it was nerfed to 1.2, but slightly buffed to 1.3 again after that.)
    But they revised this CM 1.2 nerf again in 5.2 PTR.
    But then they decided this change will punish people with low ilvl geared people.
    So they reverted CM and simply nerfed the spell damage, which I think is good.

Because I think if they are going to nerf fire, they should nerf the spell damage and not the crit multiplier.
    It just ruins the fun for fire if people don't have the best gear available.(lack of crits means you'll be spamming fireball majority of time)
    What are you talking about?

Read the bolded part again please. The Link you posted are still PTR, they have not as far as i could find posted the NON-PTR Patch Notes and thats why i asked for a link.

I answered to the post Regarding the PYROBLAST nerf to damage not the Critical Mass nerf that they did revert. Did you even read my post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    To be honest it's not as bad as you make it out to be. I have ilvl 505 and don't ever feel im going very long periods without crits and I've been playing fire now for a week and a half or something like that. And in 5.2 we will have both PoM and scorch which will be very good + the increased gear lvl and fire will be a very decent specc in my opinion.
    Well it doesn't happen as often as it was the case early in mop, but still it makes a big difference when you crit the first 3 Pyros because when they don't crit youre only doing something like 50% of the startingburst. Generally Singletarget DPS still isn't very good compared to all other pure DPS classes.

And of course it will scale with gear, but don't you think other classes scale good too? And its not like we are having 20% more crit after upgrading a few 509-517 Items to 522-535. With the Pyro nerf it will take 1-2 weeks of upgrades just to get to the point that the spec is right now (and even now its not really good DPS wise)... in the meantime the other classes go further ahead and even if fire scales so much better than the other classes, then it will take a very long time until we can catch up.
    Imagine something like that: Lets say average DPS is 120k (=100%).
    Live: Arcane+Affli 115%, Most other DDs 100%, Fire 95%, Elemental 90%
    1 Day after Patch: Affli+Balance: 110%, Most other DDs incl. Elemental 100%, Fire 90%
    After a few weeks: Affli+Balance 120%, Most other DDs 110%, Fire 105%
    After a few months: Affli+Balance 130%, other DDs 120%, Fire 120%
    With full BiS Gear: Affli+Balance 150%, Fire 145%, other DDs 140%

So i can imagine it will really take some time until we catch up again.

will living bomb no longer be spread by glyphed inferno blast, have I read that correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post

So i can imagine it will really take some time until we catch up again.
    I think you should prolly replace that "some time" it will take a "really long time" to get to good standing if you are raiding 25 man and are actually getting to kills and getting the loot..

For 10 man, nothing drops anyways so might take few months to even get to 522 average.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    will living bomb no longer be spread by glyphed inferno blast, have I read that correctly?
    Yes so don't even bother to take living bomb for any of the specs

10+ Year Old Account
    In light of the patch rapidly approaching and no new changes will most likely be incoming in the next 12 hours, I would like to divert any and all 5.2. Fire gameplay discussions to the respective Fire guide stickied at the top of this page.

Thanks for your cooperation and when we see Live logs within the first few days, I won't mind seeing new discussions/threads pop up as they become needed.