Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

New in Fight Sence

Im just looking for a good brand for boxing/training gloves to use. I cant keep on borrowing my gyms gloves for to long

You should go to a store and try out the gloves for sparring, some of them fits a little different and what works for some might not work for you.
    For bag training I use mma gloves im something like this style: (http://www.eboxing.dk/shop/chokem-mma-elite-610p.html)
    They're not as padded as sandbag gloves (this style: http://www.eboxing.dk/shop/sandsaeks...over-279p.html)
    and in the end it only makes you more used to the pain in your knuckles, it strengthens your wrists and hands.

For specific brands to look for, i've used CHOKEM, Everlast, Hayashi and Green hill. All been good for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Don't fucking buy Everlast. It's shitty and cheap and falls apart if you have ANY power.

Are you a boxer? Thai boxer? Training in MMA?

I can give good brands for each one, actually I would just go with the same brand for all three.

Venum makes great MMA gloves and makes great boxing gloves. Muay Thai use the same gloves as Western Boxing. The next gloves I'm going to buy will be Venum actually.
    Boon is hand crafted gloves, made in Thailand (just like the Venum gloves)
    Twins is the same.
    Fairtex, Windy, Top King. All great brands. Hand crafted, hand sewn. Made in Thailand usually.
    The best Muay Thai fighters in the world use these gloves.
    You will drop a little extra money on these gloves, but they're the best you'll buy and probably won't replace them for a LONG time.

I have had the same gloves for nearly two years, no issues. They're Boon.
    http://www.muaythaifactory.com/muay-thai-gloves.asp

Remember: Muay Thai and Boxing use the same gloves.
    Last edited by Demonakat; 2013-02-26 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Don't fucking buy Everlast. It's shitty and cheap and falls apart if you have ANY power.

Are you a boxer? Thai boxer? Training in MMA?

I can give good brands for each one, actually I would just go with the same brand for all three.

Venum makes great MMA gloves and makes great boxing gloves. Muay Thai use the same gloves as Western Boxing. The next gloves I'm going to buy will be Venum actually.
    Boon is hand crafted gloves, made in Thailand (just like the Venum gloves)
    Twins is the same.
    Fairtex, Windy, Top King. All great brands. Hand crafted, hand sewn. Made in Thailand usually.
    The best Muay Thai fighters in the world use these gloves.
    You will drop a little extra money on these gloves, but they're the best you'll buy and probably won't replace them for a LONG time.

I have had the same gloves for nearly two years, no issues. They're Boon.
    http://www.muaythaifactory.com/muay-thai-gloves.asp

Remember: Muay Thai and Boxing use the same gloves.
    What a load of bullshit. Been using my Everlast bag for years and my gloves last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    What a load of bullshit. Been using my Everlast bag for years and my gloves last a long time.
    Then you don't use them every day or correctly or you don't have enough power behind your fists, probably don't have proper technique to actually get power behind your hands.
    With Everlast, it's hard to find decent gloves, the wrists on a lot of those gloves aren't supported.
    They're cheaply made and cheap to buy, not made with any kind of quality or any kind of effort.

The bags are fine.

And calling this as bullshit, I've seen guys who use their gloves and have enough power that they need new gloves every year. These are extremely high quality gloves, not Everlast garbage. Everlast would break down within 3 months. The actual price difference may seem daunting, but when you're looking at gloves that last 4 times as long, think about the price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Then you don't use them every day or correctly or you don't have enough power behind your fists, probably don't have proper technique to actually get power behind your hands.
    With Everlast, it's hard to find decent gloves, the wrists on a lot of those gloves aren't supported.
    They're cheaply made and cheap to buy, not made with any kind of quality or any kind of effort.

The bags are fine.

And calling this as bullshit, I've seen guys who use their gloves and have enough power that they need new gloves every year. These are extremely high quality gloves, not Everlast garbage. Everlast would break down within 3 months. The actual price difference may seem daunting, but when you're looking at gloves that last 4 times as long, think about the price difference.
    I find your ignorance...disturbing.