Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Female Pandren The New Elistist Race?

It used to be Blood Elves who would be beating you over the head with the DPS stick in randoms and looking for any and all reasons to give you a sermon about how much you suck before they vote kick you and laugh at the 45 minutes of precious life you just wasted in the queue.

But you know, lately I've been seeing much more of this come from Pandaren, notably the female of the species. Go on the official WoW forums and look up some hot topics like CRZ ganking, LFR loot, vote kick abuse, etc. These broads are always the ones filling in the "PvP on a PvP server!", "I'm not carrying you...", and "I would have kicked you too..." elitist post templates.

Now in the past people had surmised that perhaps the male Blood Elf, being tall, slim, and muscular, appealed more to the kind of person who took WoW so seriously that they set out to make sure everybody else knew they were their inferiors every time they logged in. We can only really offer guesses as to why it became the race of choice for all the Henrys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXUzeMZXNik) that make WoW suck.

For some reason now they've all taken up female Pandaren and this offers us a second chance to get into their heads and figure out why.

So...why?

Deleted
    I think you might be looking into this a little much.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are seeing patters in clouds, my friend.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Where in the blue blazing hells is this coming from? I've seen verbally abusive cocks in every race and class imaginable in all my years on both sides of the fence.

Sir, you need to just stop that line of thought and go have a beer. Because you are cray cray.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is ure not heavily influenced by personal observations and generalizations.

Besides that, I'm a Tauren, the master race, I should be number one elitist ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the OP is somehow right, every time I was running across Blood Elf female chars, they were mostly douche-bags, elitist jerks. You couldn't reach their nose with anything. But of course it's not necessarily a rule. This was happening back in previous expansions. Now yeah, I've recently seen a lot of female pandarens from elitist guilds running around, especially warriors.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Deleted
    Haven't really noticed this. Much less the Blood Elf. Hell, I'm always assuming anyone playing a Blood Elf is either crap or 15y old. Or both. But I'm a racist when it comes to Elves so count me biased.

I know what you mean OP, but I can't relate in this example. I can tell you that rogues are cocks. Especially to other rogues.

Deleted
    Probably because they have the best racials, so elite players won't play non-pandas.

Deleted
    People are seeing a pattern of there being patterns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Probably because they have the best racials, so elite players won't play non-pandas.
    That's certainly a viable explanation, but Blood Elves don't have anything overly special race-wise so it doesn't entirely explain the phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    That's certainly a viable explanation, but Blood Elves don't have anything overly special race-wise so it doesn't entirely explain the phenomenon.
    They do in PvP.

Uhm, no? Now that I think about it, I never lost to a female pandaren in pvp. And I've never seen one in any of our raids, or even LFR. So, no? They look goofy, lame and just plain stupid. Also fat.

you're looking too much into this just like you did with BE's. except they arent BE's. they're people. Human beings. They put up BE chars then, and they're putting up their Pandaren chars now (probably cause they race changed or are leveling them up).

And also selective perception on your part. You ignore the female panda's who dont behave that way while focusing on the ones that do while also ignoring the non-panda's that behave that way. THus making it look like all female panda's are doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    They do in PvP.
    Maybe...I still think there's other ones (Every Man For Himself, the Orc and Troll ap/sp one) that would be more attractive though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    And also selective perception on your part. You ignore the female panda's who dont behave that way while focusing on the ones that do while also ignoring the non-panda's that behave that way. THus making it look like all female panda's are doing that.
    Dude I'm not trying to do pure science here, I'm talking about something I noticed in a video game...spare me the 3rd grade social studies lesson...

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I know what you mean OP, but I can't relate in this example. I can tell you that rogues are cocks. Especially to other rogues.
    on the end bit i can tell you as a rogue i must admit that whenever i see a fellow rogue in BG's i make a beeline for them. and oddly enough they seem to make a beeline for me.

on the end bit i can tell you as a rogue i must admit that whenever i see a fellow rogue in BG's i make a beeline for them. and oddly enough they seem to make a beeline for me.
    I think that's the rogue code... you know the other rogue is the biggest and most annoying threat to you being the biggest and most annoying threat. I always go for the other rogues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember if you keep getting replies like there is at least one other common part of said "pattern" - you.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    I do the same, other rogues know better than anyone how I'm going to play and they have the ability to be the most hassle if I leave them unchecked. When you constantly pressure a rogue you frighten him away, you make him afraid to come out because there's always someone waiting, the mind game is the most effective of the toolkit in BGs. As a rogue we can anticipate everything from stealth, we know what to avoid and what to focus on and we can take the time to make our plan without fear of intervention from non-stealthers. You can't anticipate a rival rogue, for all the time you don't see them they might as well be right behind you, taking them out of the equation gives you freedom and being a step ahead is the best way to get an edge.

As the official Douchebag Elitest Association (DEA) representative i can say that we not picked any particlar race as our main focus. We have decided to spread out over all the races to let our douchebaggery be heard by all. So no i am sorry your observations are incorrect. If you further question about your class, then please "L2P N00B!".

Sincerely, Zogarth.