Immediate queue = crushing loss?

Whenever I queue for a random BG and the queue immediately pops, I am always placed in a hopelessly bad situation, usually down 1300-300 or something like that. It happens every time I get an immediate queue, to the point where I now decline, what a few seconds and queue again. Anyone else notice this? Why does the system put a fresh queue at the top of the priority for a losing BG? This isn't a statistical anomaly; every time I accept an instant queue it WILL be a terrible loss.

BG just queues you wherever you'll get an immediate spot, and it tries to help out incomplete rosters of games already in progress, rather than games that haven't started yet. Seems fair. Tell your faction to stop leaving mid-game.

it makes more sense to fill current bg's than new ones.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know, I haven't seen an insta-queue since playing horde for the last year or so... I have noticed lately a bad losing streak in randoms on the part of the horde. While I was gearing up my monk, there were a few days I played 20+ games and lost probably 15-18 of them. Honestly felt hopeless for a while to the point I considered transferring back to alliance to gear up lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this as well, but the part of me that hunted shiny pokemon back on Gold always mutter "Challenge Accepted" as I stare at the loading screen.

I think I've had TWO wins from an instaqueue, three at most :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Instant 90-95% of the time means you get an battleground already in progress, most battlegrounds in progress are battlegrounds where someone left mostly out of rage and thus battlegrounds your team is losing.

I had the very rare occasion of people leaving when we were winning, but this happens once in every blue moon.

Any time you get an instant BG queue, it's because you're being put into an in-progress game. The main reason this game would have an empty slot in the first place is that people ragequit when it's not going well. Even if the game hasn't actually started yet, people have a tendency to leave because the team is mostly undergeared, has no healers, etc. which means you'll wind up in a disadvantaged group.

The reason for that being a priority shouldn't be that hard to figure out. I don't know if you've ever played a game where you aren't given replacements for quitters, but basically anyone leaving the game just means you lose. In WoW, people inclined towards leaving often do it so early into the game that a comeback is more than possible. Why commit that whole team to certain loss when you can fill the spot?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    I wouldn't know, I haven't seen an insta-queue since playing horde for the last year or so... I have noticed lately a bad losing streak in randoms on the part of the horde. While I was gearing up my monk, there were a few days I played 20+ games and lost probably 15-18 of them. Honestly felt hopeless for a while to the point I considered transferring back to alliance to gear up lol.
    I don't know why but I'm seeing the same thing happening. I usually have a pretty decent winrate, but playing an alt the past week or so has given me an unusually high number of incompetent groups. I lose almost every game. Obviously one could argue that the gear difference between upgraded arena gear and contender's is pretty enormous, but I really doubt every bg on my main is only won because of my gear. It just feels like I get grouped with less observant/intelligent players when I'm on an undergeared character. There's got to be something more complex to bg queues than just luck.

Lol, I do the exact same thing. Instant queue? NO WAY DUDE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    The reason for that being a priority shouldn't be that hard to figure out. I don't know if you've ever played a game where you aren't given replacements for quitters, but basically anyone leaving the game just means you lose. In WoW, people inclined towards leaving often do it so early into the game that a comeback is more than possible. Why commit that whole team to certain loss when you can fill the spot?
    Have to call BS on this one, a comeback in most cases isn't possible. A group that is being farmed on the graveyard, facing a premade or vastly outgeared wont make any kind of comeback. The vast majority of these games are lost and can't be won anymore.
    I don't know why but I'm seeing the same thing happening. I usually have a pretty decent winrate, but playing an alt the past week or so has given me an unusually high number of incompetent groups. I lose almost every game. Obviously one could argue that the gear difference between upgraded arena gear and contender's is pretty enormous, but I really doubt every bg on my main is only won because of my gear. It just feels like I get grouped with less observant/intelligent players when I'm on an undergeared character. There's got to be something more complex to bg queues than just luck.
    No, whenever I queue up with 1-2 other people from my guild it is solely us dragging them to victory quite often. So if you're actually playing to win the same is most likely going to hold true for you aswell. Just have a look at the after game statistics damage/healing done, objectives fulfiled, killing blows and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Have to call BS on this one, a comeback in most cases isn't possible. A group that is being farmed on the graveyard, facing a premade or vastly outgeared wont make any kind of comeback. The vast majority of these games are lost and can't be won anymore.
    Yeah, maybe I should've been a little more clear. I didn't mean that if people coordinate a little better they'll come back and win from being graveyard farmed. Basically I was trying to say (as an example) that in AB, people will often leave in the first couple minutes after all the initial node controls are determined. Getting three nodes off the start doesn't guarantee a win, though I admit it is often indicative that that team has better gear/comp/coordination/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, whenever I queue up with 1-2 other people from my guild it is solely us dragging them to victory quite often. So if you're actually playing to win the same is most likely going to hold true for you aswell. Just have a look at the after game statistics damage/healing done, objectives fulfiled, killing blows and so on.
    Well if I bring a couple people with me we'll usually be camping their graveyard pretty quick, but I just assumed it's pretty hard to actually carry a bg as one guy. Although thinking about it now, I top healing more often than not even on this contender's-geared character, so I can imagine my geared healer being a pretty large factor. Still, I think I've personally capped more nodes on this alt this week than in the entire season on my main. Really seems like I'm getting the least observant players imaginable.

yup, that's why it helps to have multiple toons so you can afk out and try again with another toon

Instant queues are kinda scary. I don't actually skip them myself, but I probably should.