10+ Year Old Account

Sha of Fear 10 HC - Hunter help

So my guild has just killed Tsulong and we are now looking to go pretty hardcore on Sha to get it down before 5.2, hence I am looking for help to maximise my effectiveness during this fight. I have a few questions for anyone who feels like helping and help would be greatley appreciated!

• I have looked at a load of logs of hunters killing Sha and the vast majority go with Barrage, can anyone explain why this is prefered to Glaive Toss? Is it mainly for the adds in the last phase and does the advantage of having it there really outweight the advantage of Glaive during your DPS on the boss in both phases and on the Panda's during phase 1?
    • If you are killing the adds on the boss's platform during phase 1 do you keep SS up with Multi on all of them and then individually nuke one down at a time?
    • Due to the cooldown reset on P2 I am planning to blow all my Cooldowns on the Panda's until we get the buff from managing to reach phase two, and from then on using it on the boss at the start with Bloodlust. Is this a correct usage of cooldowns? And does the potion cooldown reset when you go into the last phase?
    • I have read on a few forums that I should be deterrencing Huddle in Terror, does this just reduce the damage or does it negate it?

Thanks a load for any help, and any other suggestions would be awesome <3

Quote Originally Posted by Grogar View Post
    So my guild has just killed Tsulong and we are now looking to go pretty hardcore on Sha to get it down before 5.2, hence I am looking for help to maximise my effectiveness during this fight. I have a few questions for anyone who feels like helping and help would be greatley appreciated!

• I have looked at a load of logs of hunters killing Sha and the vast majority go with Barrage, can anyone explain why this is prefered to Glaive Toss? Is it mainly for the adds in the last phase and does the advantage of having it there really outweight the advantage of Glaive during your DPS on the boss in both phases and on the Panda's during phase 1?
    • If you are killing the adds on the boss's platform during phase 1 do you keep SS up with Multi on all of them and then individually nuke one down at a time?
    • Due to the cooldown reset on P2 I am planning to blow all my Cooldowns on the Panda's until we get the buff from managing to reach phase two, and from then on using it on the boss at the start with Bloodlust. Is this a correct usage of cooldowns? And does the potion cooldown reset when you go into the last phase?
    • I have read on a few forums that I should be deterrencing Huddle in Terror, does this just reduce the damage or does it negate it?

Thanks a load for any help, and any other suggestions would be awesome <3
    In the last two weeks there have been multiple threads about heroic sha - you should look through the the first 2-3 pages on this forum.

Barrage because of the adds in p2

Most people don't kill the adds in p1

Pots don't reset - using your CDs depends on what your strat is. Be warned - stampede can cause huge lag issues in P2 - again see the other threads about this

I personally think it's a wasted effort to try to deterrence Huddle - you have to use it as it's being cast and you don't even know if it will hit you.

Seriously - go look for those other threads - H Sha has been discussed at length.

Deleted
    Just have a cancel macro for detterence. So if you didnt get hit just cancel your detterance.

All Deterrence does on Huddle is give you a really short Shield Wall, it's nothing special. You can use it, but it won't make or break the fight.

CD-wise, Readiness doesn't reset. I generally used CDs on Sha because we didnt have problems killing the platforms in p1, but if you are having issues I can see using CDs there.

I posted a similar thread last week, and we had our first pulls last night. We definitely (in 10 man) need to save CDs for platforms before we see the Lei Shi buff. I'll even save Stampede til the first Crackle goes out, and if I'm on the first platform, I pop it there, otherwise I pop it on Sha.

That being said, 10 man can't just run 4 tanks til you get the buff, we've been having trouble getting our groups back in time (pre-buff), but that's just practice with dancing on p1 platforms. My general feeling might be that p1 is harder on 10 man (at least, pre-buff), and p2 easier (since add grouping is less of an issue and you can clear all huddles in a reasonable manner). Having 4 healers to heal through incidental bolt damage on the main platform seems like it'd be easier than 1 healer who has to take care of the tank, who can get trucked, and then also any incidental damage. Also, pre-buff, the adds are getting out of control. If we ignore them to tunnel DPS on the boss, by around 80% the whole cone is covered and people need to use the whole platform and duck in just for breaths. We're thinking of changing to something similar to a strat mentioned in the thread I posted last week where we kill them to a certain %, pre-buff (maybe 85%, maybe 80%) and then tunnel the boss. We're worried though that we're just diverting DPS away from the boss and it's just extending how many platforms we have to do.

Protip: Don't pop stampede in p2. It causes pretty serious lag in the Dread Expanse, and the dps boost is negligible.

Deleted
    Dont use barrage in phase1 on SHA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Dont use barrage in phase1 on SHA.
    Why? it's a dps increase using barrage in your rotation on singeltarget then not using it at all.

- Barrage is vastly superior to GT because of, yes, the adds in P2.
    - My guild found it better to ignore the adds on 10man, being able to push after the 3rd cackle went over. The 3rd group cackled did not engage the add. (With the buff, we found it safest to ignore the 3rd add if the boss was at at least 72% health.)
    -Blow your CD's on the boss at the burn. We would have 2/3 DPS use their 2nd pot on the first cackle, 3/3 DPS use their pot on the second cackle, and 1/3 DPS use their pot on the third cackle.
    -If you guild is pro at passing the orb, you should not have to worry about deterring the Huddle.

^Keep in mind, you will want to be BM for the burn to reach P2 for the first time of the night. After reaching P2 once, you will get a 15% haste buff for the rest of the night, then you will be able to switch to SV.
    ^Once you have reached P2 and have the 15% haste buff, save second pots for heroism/bloodlust after the first submerge in P2.

Also something to note; If you time your CD's to be up post-transition (he transitions at 361.4m health), and immediately pop them within the first 2 seconds of the transition, you will get their benefit a second time after they reset. We worked our DK's army and Locks doomguard around this. I also made sure I had AMoC on the boss before the transition as well as having rapid fire up.. if at all possible.

Hope this helped!

-Aara@Drenden

Deleted
    Survival with Barrage due to p2 adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    All Deterrence does on Huddle is give you a really short Shield Wall, it's nothing special. You can use it, but it won't make or break the fight.

CD-wise, Readiness doesn't reset. I generally used CDs on Sha because we didnt have problems killing the platforms in p1, but if you are having issues I can see using CDs there.
    If you Deterrence prior to a huddle or spout, if the huddle targets you as the hunter it will completely deflect, you will take 0 damage and only two players will get huddled. All in all, this is a DPS increase and a overall raid helper, and yes it can make or break a fight. In 25 mans most guilds do the 'heal through huddle' tactic, on 10 man 3/10 players getting huddled means they have to get broken out, the healing is just too intensive with everything else that is going on near the end of the fight. If you deterrence when Sha is sub 10%, yes it can make the fight kill-able - One less throw = less raid damage. Not to mention, during progression the last 10% of the encounter is the most nerve-racking part, the time when most people are susceptible to fail.

On 25 man i wouldn't say it is less important though, it is still less raid damage and an overall DPS increase if you do not get huddled, for obvious reasons o.o

----- At least this is what happens when i deterrence huddle.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3f07887c; 2013-02-24 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    -
    ^Keep in mind, you will want to be BM for the burn to reach P2 for the first time of the night. After reaching P2 once, you will get a 15% haste buff for the rest of the night, then you will be able to switch to SV.
    ^Once you have reached P2 and have the 15% haste buff, save second pots for heroism/bloodlust after the first submerge in P2.

From my understanding, wouldn't Survival be just as good as BM even pre-Lei's Hope due to the Fearless damage buff not transferring to your pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrsiex View Post
    If you Deterrence prior to a huddle or spout, if the huddle targets you as the hunter it will completely deflect, you will take 0 damage and only two players will get huddled.
    Huh, I guess my timing on Deterrence was poor when I tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocityx View Post
    From my understanding, wouldn't Survival be just as good as BM even pre-Lei's Hope due to the Fearless damage buff not transferring to your pet?
    Just to get the buff, damage on the pandas are what matters, not sha mostly. BM beats SV on panda damage because of the CDs you can pop as BM etc.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    Why? it's a dps increase using barrage in your rotation on singeltarget then not using it at all.
    From my experience .. unless you are "close" to sha in phase1, your barrage wont hit anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Just to get the buff, damage on the pandas are what matters, not sha mostly. BM beats SV on panda damage because of the CDs you can pop as BM etc.
    Got ya. I see where you are coming from. I just stuck with Survival on our first kill tbh though, platform damage was pretty good in our guild. Usually killed our panda 3-5s before next cackle went out(pre lei's hope). I guess it comes down to your raids dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    From my experience .. unless you are "close" to sha in phase1, your barrage wont hit anything!
    Barrage hits your target when cast, as well as anything in front of you.

Position yourself in the center, and you wont waste any shots on adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    Barrage hits your target when cast, as well as anything in front of you.

Position yourself in the center, and you wont waste any shots on adds.
    no matter what with barrage you target gets hit 16 times, there are no "wasted" shots if it tries to AoE something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Usualy i can avoid 2-3 huddle in fight, you just need to deterrence when 2-3 sek left on timer, otherwise youll get huddle and will stand with deterrence.

Deleted
    Feel free to test that in LFR, since unless im running into the edge of the "orange" circle in phase 1, the boss wont get hit.