Page 1 of 2
LastLast

enhancement- Please help me with my dps?

Hey dps is constantly rock bottom on my raid team just above the tanks, my gear looks like its enchanted and reforged correctly but on some fights I am pulling as much damage as I did in cata here is my armory link any feed back would be great!
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Manajamba

Without logs no one really is going to be able to help you.

You are Enchanted and reforged...but not correctly. There is better leg enchant that gives 285 agi out there. Dancing Steel is better then Windsong. Hit to the cloak...but your over hit cap by more then a %point.
    Your reforges are pretty bad...why are you dumping everything into Crit over Mastery. Sim it, but im just going to take a wild guess that Mastery is your "main" secondary stat especially as UF.

All that said, you have to be doing something wrong to be bottom dps...because Enhance is not a bottom dps spec especially in your gear.

Hi Manajamba,

My main alt is an enhancement shaman so I feel I could be of some help to you (maybe not as much as some who main the spec though). From looking at your armory I believe you could change your reforging somewhat. After reaching hit and expertise caps your stat priority should be mastery =>haste > crit. I see you have reforged out of mastery at some places in favor of crit. I would recommend undoing those. You are also over hit cap and on a few pieces (example: pants and boots) you have reforged out of another stat besides hit.

Do you have any logs that we can look at? Or can you give a description of how execute your rotation and CD usage?

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem of all these people with "fix my enh dps" is missing (i mean forgetting or giving it low priority due to "omigosh flashy procs") lava lashes.
    And a very little thing that can help you do better, is Stormstrike and Stormblast are on separate cooldown
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-02-07 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Granted I play resto mostly now but I sometimes do LFR (which doesn't mean much) or do dailies as enh.

Your gear looks okay but it looks like you have a bit tooooo much Hit right now (sitting at 8.81) which some of that can be reforged away. Also your weapon enchants, if you have the money to get "Dancing Steel" on both it will help. I know it sucks to hear this but purchasing the 2nd +500 Agility gem will help as well. As for stats, remember that Mastery (to what I think) is still the best with Crit and Haste being tied right now but you don't want one way more than the other, kinda keep them all level with each other. Only other advice to give would be to post logs which others on here are excellent at analyzing. It also could be your rotation that's the problem, "Charge me Doctor" also gives a good advice on Stormstrike and Stormblast being on different CD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Agility chant on bracers, no Dancing Steel on weapons (It's fairly cheap now). Pick up Reforgelite or use a reforger site to get rid of the hit and to make sure that you're reforging out of stats that you should be.

Logs would be great, just run a few LFRs and log the fights so we can see what you may be doing wrong in your priority rotation. Just looking at your character will not tell us what you're doing wrong on priorities.

And Alex, you can't have 2 +500 legendary gems, just the one, so he's ok there.

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

Yeah i found about the no 2nd 500gem the hard way cost me 10k here is a log from last week on zorlock worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mm8kjmbogtw9tevr/details/10/

Thanks for posting the log.

A few things I see:

1) You could have used Ascendance at least once more. I would suggest using on the first platform and then again during heroism. Also a tip, since stormblast/stormstrike CD is reset upon casting Ascendance, use Stormstrike, activate ascendance, and then cast stormblast.
    2) Not sure if this is mandatory but I personally like it: Use flame shock glyph. With the glyph your flame shock lasts 30 seconds which means that you can use Unleash elements on CD and cast flame shock after every other unleash elements cast. This way Flame shock should never fall off and always be buffed. You had good uptime on FS (90% while alive) but hard to tell if they were all buffed.
    3) I also feel you could squeeze in more lava lashes and stormstrikes. I looked at an enhancement shaman in my guild, same boss and same lenth of time (based on the time you were alive for the fight), and he used 10 more LL and 11 more stormstrikes. Make sure to use these as close to on CD as possible.
    4) I find enhancement has really nice burst which I don't see any large spikes in your log (my shaman in less gear can burst upwards of 100-120k dps, your highest at any given point was 80k). You can start off with prepot, fire elemental, ascendance, stormlash, and any on use trinket at the start of the fight. Then all of these will be back up during heroism (if stormlash isnt, save it for hero).

Hope this was helpful!
    Last edited by Lorol; 2013-02-07 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorol View Post
    Thanks for posting the log.

A few things I see:

1) You could have used Ascendance at least once more. I would suggest using on the first platform and then again during heroism. Also a tip, since stormblast/stormstrike CD is reset upon casting Ascendance, use Stormstrike, activate ascendance, and then cast stormblast.
    2) Not sure if this is mandatory but I personally like it: Use flame shock glyph. With the glyph your flame shock lasts 30 seconds which means that you can use Unleash elements on CD and cast flame shock after every other unleash elements cast. This way Flame shock should never fall off and always be buffed. You had good uptime on FS (90% while alive) but hard to tell if they were all buffed.
    3) I also feel you could squeeze in more lava lashes and stormstrikes. I looked at an enhancement shaman in my guild, same boss and same lenth of time (based on the time you were alive for the fight), and he used 10 more LL and 11 more stormstrikes. Make sure to use these as close to on CD as possible.
    4) I find enhancement has really nice burst which I don't see any large spikes in your log (my shaman in less gear can burst upwards of 100-120k dps, your highest at any given point was 80k). You can start off with prepot, fire elemental, ascendance, stormlash, and any on use trinket at the start of the fight. Then all of these will be back up during heroism (if stormlash isnt, save it for hero).

Hope this was helpful!
    \
    I reforged like everyone sugested i am not .01 away from hit cap and exp cap. Should i swap a gem or reforge something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manajamba View Post
    \
    I reforged like everyone sugested i am not .01 away from hit cap and exp cap. Should i swap a gem or reforge something else?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that you think the hit cap is 8%? Or have you gotten a new piece in the couple days since you posted? Reason I'm asking is because the cap for hit is 7.5% (or 2,550 hit rating). The same numbers apply to expertise as well.

Your expertise is a bit over the cap, but it's not too bad. (My shaman has that problem as well. Just need to remember to do some more shuffling around with the stats.) Moving on to your hit %, you still need to get rid of at least 167 hit rating to reach the sweet spot. One way to do this is to change the Glinting Imperial Amethyst in the belt piece to Delicate Primordial Ruby since the socket bonus isn't worth going for.

And speaking of belts... I notice that you're exalted with the Dominance Offensive, so you could go buy Shigi's Chain of Cheerful Summons if you have the valor.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, first the Hit/Exp caps are 7.5, not sure why you have 7.99%

You should be using the Flame Shock glyph, at least until 5.2, since it extends the period of Flame Shock, letting you get more Earth Shocks in, which is better DPS. You can also use Ascendance more, looks like you are using it once. Not enough LavaLash or Stormstrike. Remember to hardcast Lightning Bolt is you have the unleash elements buff on.

You should pre-pot whenever possible, before the pull, pop Flame Elemental + Spirit Wolves, once boss is pulled, do an Unleash, use Flame Shock, then use a Storm Strike, then pop Ascendance, as well as any trinket buffs, and maybe some abilities, if you have the haste cd.

With my gear, my opening burst is anywhere from 140-180k, and have a constant of around 100k damage.
    Currently Procrastinating

What I do on pulls is usually something like this:

5 seconds before pull - Spirit Walk (makes you get to your target faster, improving uptime)

3 seconds before - Spirit Wolves and Agi potion

At the pull I pop my fire elemental, then proceed as following:

Flame Shock
    Storm Strike
    Ascendance + Stormlash (macroed)
    Stormblast
    Unleash Elements
    LB if you have 3 Maelstrom stacks or higher.

After that you just follow the standard priority queue.

As others have noted, cooldown usage is very vital for enhancement in this expansion. We went from having virtually no DPS cd's, to having 4 really strong cd's. You should pop everything in the start of course, but depending on encounter length, you should not pop them just as soon as they get off CD. This is relevant for Ascendance mostly. In a scenario where your Ascendance just got off CD, but your boss kill is only 2 minutes away from death (measured by previous kills and whatnot, this can be a bit sketchy though if your raid total dps changes much) it is better the keep Ascendance and wait for your Stormlash and Fire elemental, since stacking CD's is usually = win, especially if you can pop them all at the same time as your second potion, so everything gets buffed by it.

In the 2 guilds I've been in so far, I have found myself at the top 3 at almost every encounter so far (with some exceptions where ranged are stupidly strong of course, or encounter mechanics skewing the results), if used right enhancement is a very strong spec right now, better than it's ever been imo.

Own armory link for comparison: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B3x/advanced
    some logs can be found here too: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/.../Draen%C3%B3x/
    Last edited by Draenox; 2013-02-11 at 01:18 PM.

Your gear and reforges look much better now, but some people have been telling you stuff which isn't completely true. You should not completely reforge out of haste. You'll find that at times mastery is slightly better than haste, and at others haste is better than mastery. It is by no means as bad as crit though. Again, best thing to do is to Sim it, but with the way Ascendance, Unleashed fury and elementals work, haste is pretty damn good these days.
    RETH

Updated logs from last nights run let me know what you guys think. worldoflogs.com/reports/y4iqtg01j9a7us6n/details/11/

Quote Originally Posted by Manajamba View Post
    Updated logs from last nights run let me know what you guys think. worldoflogs.com/reports/y4iqtg01j9a7us6n/details/11/
    Looking at Protectors:

First problem I see is only 85% uptime on Flame Shock, on a fight like protectors, where there aren't any mechanics that would stop you from having close to perfect FS uptime, 85% uptime is extremely low.

You're not using Lava Lash and Stormstrike enough. 7:01 fight allows for 52 Stormstrikes, but you only did 33, similarly with Lava Lash, could have used 42 times, but only used it 25 times. You did die on protectors, but that doesn't equate to such an immense lack of ability usage.

Over two Ascendance, you only used Stormblast twice, but you could have used it 4 times.

You can use Fire Nova on protectors, when you have downtime in the priority / rotation, helps increase your DPS.

I recommend you download the addon Enhaprio from curse.com, it'll help you do the priority / rotation, until you get more comfortable with it yourself. These are pretty major issues that are resulting in your low DPS, but they're easily fixed with better understanding of the priority / rotation.
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2013-02-22 at 12:16 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    During Ascendance, you only used Stormblast twice, but you could have used it 4 times.
    Huh, am I missing something vital here or...... Like.... There's no physical way to fit more than 2 Stormblasts into 1 Ascendance.

Ascendance -> Stormblast at 0 seconds, Stormblast again 8 seconds later... It won't be ready again until at Ascendance +16 seconds, at which point Ascendance is over, it lasts 15 seconds.

I'm not criticizing the advice, I'm just trying to figure if I missed something hugely important somewhere when playing my own Enh alt o.O
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Huh, am I missing something vital here or...... Like.... There's no physical way to fit more than 2 Stormblasts into 1 Ascendance.

Ascendance -> Stormblast at 0 seconds, Stormblast again 8 seconds later... It won't be ready again until at Ascendance +16 seconds, at which point Ascendance is over, it lasts 15 seconds.

I'm not criticizing the advice, I'm just trying to figure if I missed something hugely important somewhere when playing my own Enh alt o.O
    I'm tired as fuck, so I didn't explain it properly, but he used Ascendance 2 times, but only used Stormblast twice, instead of 4 times.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

I'm tired as fuck, so I didn't explain it properly, but he used Ascendance 2 times, but only used Stormblast twice, instead of 4 times.
    Ah, gotcha. I thought I'd missed something important :P
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Looking at Protectors:

First problem I see is only 85% uptime on Flame Shock, on a fight like protectors, where there aren't any mechanics that would stop you from having close to perfect FS uptime, 85% uptime is extremely low.

You're not using Lava Lash and Stormstrike enough. 7:01 fight allows for 52 Stormstrikes, but you only did 33, similarly with Lava Lash, could have used 42 times, but only used it 25 times. You did die on protectors, but that doesn't equate to such an immense lack of ability usage.

Over two Ascendance, you only used Stormblast twice, but you could have used it 4 times.

You can use Fire Nova on protectors, when you have downtime in the priority / rotation, helps increase your DPS.

I recommend you download the addon Enhaprio from curse.com, it'll help you do the priority / rotation, until you get more comfortable with it yourself. These are pretty major issues that are resulting in your low DPS, but they're easily fixed with better understanding of the priority / rotation.

Thanks! I have been using Shock and Awe I guess its not the best out there anymore It was my first time doing TOES on anything other then LFR so I was aprehensive with the mechanics.

Shock and Awe...I don't want to say its useless, but realistically the Priority system for Enhance is not that difficult that you would need it. I would suggest these to addons, they are what i use. Tellmewhen (others like Weak Auras work too) and OmniCC. I use Tellmewhen to create timers/bars of my important abilities, in relation to my char. That way my eyes are always focused Near my toon/the Boss. But, OmniCC is the winner. It will put a big bright countdown over Icons while on CD. Enhance is fairly whack'a'mole...outside of the opening when everything is not on CD.