Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

At what age did you move out from your parents' house? Or do you still ive with them?

I'm currently 19 and live alone in a single bedroom apartment. I moved from my parrents' house at 18. This isn't something considered "normal" in my culture (A lot of 30+ year olds still live with their parents). I moved because of my studies (currently in med school) and i used to live in a town that's 1-2 hours away from my university, so i just got tired of getting up at 3:30 am and decided to move to a place that's 20 mins walking distance from my faculty.

I would like to know how many of you still live with your parents, or at what age did you move out. Also, what's considered "normal" in the country you live in?

I moved out at 18 to go to university.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be on my 18th. Got full access to all my money, first thing I did was buying my own place to move out.

Moved out when I was 17. Grandma raised me since my parents were always in prison and I decided I needed to move out since she was ready to retire and she'd already raised 4 children of her own. Got an apartment with my girlfriend and been living/working 6 hours from where I used to live since then, currently 20 years old. Not sure what the usual age is here for people to move out of their parents house but I'd assume somewhere around 18.

Still live with them because I'm in undergraduate school. Depending on where I go to graduate school I'll have to move out.

Edit: Oh and I'm 20.

Deleted
    20 and still live with my mother ;_:

18, had to move back in a couple years later due to the Great Recession.

Deleted
    Was just about to turn 17. Not sure what the national average is, but I think 18-19 is a good time to leave the nest. Staying beyond 20 is starting to be a bit creepy for me.

after a year ++ in the amry im back on the school bench and I like ve with parents because i quit my former job before serving and i haven't found a new job sfter. though i do have about 2 hours of train/bus/tram before i get to school, heh.

Deleted
    I'm 24 and still live with my mother and brother.
    Since I'm a student and rents are quite high in our region, there really is no point in moving out before I finish my studies - it only would mean that I'd have to work part-time. Bad cost-benefit ratio.
    Also, I'll get a freehold flat from my father in about 3 years anyway and can easily wait until then.

Don't know what's considerer "normal" here in Austria...but a lot of students live with their parents until ~26.

19 when went to university... first half year was living between 'old' and 'new' home, however now I have job and together with school gets harder to visit home... However I still come to my parents house often because it is best place to get strength back for next week

24 and live with my mother, granted she has major medical issues so I act as her nutritionist, chauffer, housekeeper, and chef among other things in exchange for free rent, internet, and help with bills. I could have moved out a few years ago, but considering the house is under my name as soon as she dies and she needs the help with none of her other family close, it works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 22 and moved out when I was 21.

My mental condition worsened over three years after I turned 18 and I just had to get out of there. Currently living in my own apartment and lovin' it<3

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMexican View Post
    20 and still live with my mother ;_:
    Don't worry to much. I don't recall the average age at what people move out at is, but it is much higher now due to very high costs. I recall some stories of people still living with their parents well into their mid-thirites.

Moved out at 20 to go to university. Had i not have to go to one so far away i would probably still be there to save costs.

Deleted
    21 Could not wait to get out and live by myself, with my own rules.

I was 16.

I didn't get a long with my mother at all at the time because she was total asshole (And tbh, is still but now it doesn't affect me) and since I already had stable job with good income I said fuck it and left.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

16. Won a scholarship and went to a uni in a city about 300 km from my hometown. Lived in a dorm for about 5 years after though.

19, because of a myriad of reasons. Mostly we didn't get along, and our relationship has increased considerably since I moved out.

Deleted
    19, still living with them.

However I don't see the problem?

There is no way in hell I can go out and live on my own at the moment.