Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I thought it was an okay game as soon as you got past the unholy long intro, the big put-off was without a doubt the wolf form. As soon as I got out of it the first time I was so relieved. As soon as Midna said that I'd turn into it again, I put the game on the shelf and haven't played it since.

The beginning can be a bit slow, but once you get out of the woods the game starts to pick up a lot. Pretty lengthy game with tons of sidequests and dungeons and such.

Easily my favorite zelda game, and I've played every singe one.

It seems about as long as OoT. But, yes, the beginning is really slow going.

It actually is my favorite Zelda (Although to be fair I haven't played Skyward Sword). Just make sure to play it with a Gamecube controller if you are using the Wii version. Its not that big of a difference, but I found it more enjoyable. I also really like Zant as a villain. (Not really a spoiler, you find out about him very early on). I'm not sure why people are so against the Wolf form parts of the game. Its not like they're very long segments, and they control quite well.

I love the art style and the darker tone. The main reason I haven't picked up SS is because I hate the semi-cell shading style that it has. I'm hoping Zelda U takes a style more like the Wii U tech demo (Which is amazingggggg) and be darker.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-02-23 at 09:13 PM.

I think my pony sence has taken over my gaming sence.
    That's usefull information.

I quite liked it tho, I have a hard time grading things like that, diffrent games diffrent experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Just make sure to play it with a Gamecube controller if you are using the Wii version. Its not that big of a difference, but I found it more enjoyable..
    Can you even use the Gamecube controller on the Wii version? If you put the GC disc in the Wii then yea, but Skelington is pretty sure you can't with the Wii disc.

While I thoroughly enjoyed TP, it's a very mediocre Zelda game. Pretty much every issue with it has been discussed. It takes forever to get into, and honestly the whole game feels like it was made to appease the people who bitched about Wind Waker being "too different" from OoT and MM (even though after TP came out they claimed WW was amazing and they want more different stuff). However, I feel it's still worth playing. If you can, play the gamecube version.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Can you even use the Gamecube controller on the Wii version? If you put the GC disc in the Wii then yea, but Skelington is pretty sure you can't with the Wii disc.
    I could have sworn you could. I didn't, only because at the time my Gamecube was in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    You can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    the game has a slow start to it. the world is a bit bigger than ocarina of time but not by a lot. it's only slightly longer than ocarina of time. its also much easier. i would rank it personally below ocarina of time but above majora's mask. and definitely above windwaker.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Awesome game, fantastic dungeons, fantastic art, fantastic music. Game length is about perfect, in my opinion. If you liked OoT you should like TP since it's the same land at a different time and the references to OoT are *everywhere.*

The only main fault with the game, in my opinion, was that it was just too easy. Considering it was one of the first major motion control experiments, I don't hold it against Nintendo much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others said, the intro is pretty slow and but after the first dungeon it get's better. If I remember right it get's much better after the first 3 dungeons but if you like Zelda then you should have no problem with this game since it's practically one long love letter to the franchise (albeit still unique in it's own ways).
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way for any of you who didn't know... I'm a huge WW fan, stated this quite a few times on any Zelda thread. I'll give it a try when I don't have work and I do own the game for Wii but really just wanted to play it on the PC so I downloaded a ROM (legal if you physically own the game for the console) and am going to play it with an Xbox Controller. I'm just hoping I can get to the good parts of the game fast because that's the problem with a lot of Zelda games for me. The cutscenes are great and all but sometimes I just want to say "I get it, I get it, can I skip this now".

Honestly that's why I think I like WW so much, it's cuts out a lot of the bullshit after Outset Island and you're off on an adventure.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    TP is a darker OoT without kid Link. The ending might be slow buts my favorite Zelda.

Deleted
    Recent Zeldas (all 3D Zeldas, culminating with Skyward Sword) are very slow in the beginning as it introduces you to the game. However if you can force yourself through this several hours long opening tutorial (this is Nintendo's biggest flaw as far as I am concerned) you will find a really great, long, bang-for-buck game within.

The boss fights in Twilight's Princess are stellar imo, you just have to get to them. Plus for the first time the story is well executed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    So I just received the game and I was wondering if it was slower than Ocarina at the beginning parts? Is it a long Zelda game? How big is the world compared to others? Where would you put it out of all the Zelda games on chart?

No spoilers please.
    It's pretty much a re-tuned OoT, with about the same overall length.

It was pretty good, for a Zelda game at any rate. Lower than Majora's Mask, probably a tiny bit higher than OoT.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Try playing without the shield and you'll have a fun time!
    Especially versus the knight mini-bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    By the way for any of you who didn't know... I'm a huge WW fan, stated this quite a few times on any Zelda thread. I'll give it a try when I don't have work and I do own the game for Wii but really just wanted to play it on the PC so I downloaded a ROM (legal if you physically own the game for the console) and am going to play it with an Xbox Controller. I'm just hoping I can get to the good parts of the game fast because that's the problem with a lot of Zelda games for me. The cutscenes are great and all but sometimes I just want to say "I get it, I get it, can I skip this now".

Honestly that's why I think I like WW so much, it's cuts out a lot of the bullshit after Outset Island and you're off on an adventure.
    eeeeeeh, i wouldn't recomend that. i did the same thing and i must say, the graphics are a huge step back with an emu. the faces are more jagged and the eyes.... good lord the eyes, they look like a black fuzzy film is placed over them making the eyes pop to creepy levels.

i would say just use the wii version, thats what i have and my only problem with it is controller sensitivity and batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    You should fix your graphic settings.
    i tried fiddling with it and i couldn't find a fix and what i did try slowed it down a lot. but then again i know almost nothing on how to fix it anyway.

Edit: I'm using dolphin if that helps with a fix
    Last edited by ranku; 2013-02-24 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It has a much slower start than any other Zelda title, that's for sure. It'll be hours before you enter your first dungeon.

As far as how good the game is...it's not a bad Zelda by any means. Much better than Skyward Sword, that's for sure. It's definitely the longest Zelda, by far at that. However it is lacking in a couple areas. Some of the items are kind of silly and so incredibly situational that you'll wonder why they didn't take the item from you at the end of the dungeon you received it in. The sidequests are mediocre. Despite those flaws, it's a nice, dark adventure.
    It's about the same length as Skyward Sword, isn't it? It might even be shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You think so? I blew through Skyward Sword in 20ish hours. I could have sworn my first playthrough of Twilight Princess was at least 30 hours, pretty long for a Zelda game. Skyward Sword only has 7 dungeons, whereas Twilight Princess has 9.
    SS has a lot more in-between content and the dungeons are generally more difficult since TP's are kind of piss easy. It takes around 20ish hours going straight through TP's story.