Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Dreadlord Duruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It has a much slower start than any other Zelda title, that's for sure. It'll be hours before you enter your first dungeon.

    As far as how good the game is...it's not a bad Zelda by any means. Much better than Skyward Sword, that's for sure. It's definitely the longest Zelda, by far at that. However it is lacking in a couple areas. Some of the items are kind of silly and so incredibly situational that you'll wonder why they didn't take the item from you at the end of the dungeon you received it in. The sidequests are mediocre. Despite those flaws, it's a nice, dark adventure.
    It's about the same length as Skyward Sword, isn't it? It might even be shorter.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    It's about the same length as Skyward Sword, isn't it? It might even be shorter.
    You think so? I blew through Skyward Sword in 20ish hours. I could have sworn my first playthrough of Twilight Princess was at least 30 hours, pretty long for a Zelda game. Skyward Sword only has 7 dungeons, whereas Twilight Princess has 9.

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You think so? I blew through Skyward Sword in 20ish hours. I could have sworn my first playthrough of Twilight Princess was at least 30 hours, pretty long for a Zelda game. Skyward Sword only has 7 dungeons, whereas Twilight Princess has 9.
    SS has a lot more in-between content and the dungeons are generally more difficult since TP's are kind of piss easy. It takes around 20ish hours going straight through TP's story.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    SS has a lot more in-between content and the dungeons are generally more difficult since TP's are kind of piss easy. It takes around 20ish hours going straight through TP's story.
    Skyward Sword did definitely have a lot of "in-between" content. Hmmm...maybe I remember Twilight Princess being longer because I was actually enjoying it and taking my time. Skyward Sword was one of those games where I just wanted to finish it to get it over with. Wasn't a fan at all.

  5. #45
    Dreadlord Duruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You think so? I blew through Skyward Sword in 20ish hours. I could have sworn my first playthrough of Twilight Princess was at least 30 hours, pretty long for a Zelda game. Skyward Sword only has 7 dungeons, whereas Twilight Princess has 9.
    I think SS took me close to 40 hours, but then I took my time and did a bunch of the side quests. A straight play-through of Twilight Princess (no side quests) probably takes me 15-20. Haven't played SS since release, and don't remember how long my first TP run took though, so maybe that's not the best comparison.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It has a much slower start than any other Zelda title, that's for sure. It'll be hours before you enter your first dungeon.

    As far as how good the game is...it's not a bad Zelda by any means. Much better than Skyward Sword, that's for sure. It's definitely the longest Zelda, by far at that. However it is lacking in a couple areas. Some of the items are kind of silly and so incredibly situational that you'll wonder why they didn't take the item from you at the end of the dungeon you received it in. The sidequests are mediocre. Despite those flaws, it's a nice, dark adventure.
    Cant agree with that, I liked Skyward Sword a lot more, specially because of the difficulty. Twilight Princess was too easy imo.

    I do love the game though, and love the dark art style that it has, only thing I´d change is the difficulty, and yeah, what Virtua said about the items, a couple of items are really silly :x.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    Cant agree with that, I liked Skyward Sword a lot more, specially because of the difficulty. Twilight Princess was too easy imo.

    I do love the game though, and love the dark art style that it has, only thing I´d change is the difficulty, and yeah, what Virtua said about the items, a couple of items are really silly :x.
    You know, you're not the only one I've heard say Skyward Sword is more difficult than other 3D Zeldas. Yet, to me it was by far the easiest 3D Zelda. Not even joking lol. I never died, once. Completed that boss-rush gauntlet 1st try without any issues.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You know, you're not the only one I've heard say Skyward Sword is more difficult than other 3D Zeldas. Yet, to me it was by far the easiest 3D Zelda. Not even joking lol. I never died, once. Completed that boss-rush gauntlet 1st try without any issues.
    Oh, no no, not more difficult than the other 3D Zeldas :x just more difficult than Twilight Princess lol...I didn´t die either, but I mean more about the puzzle and dungeon difficulty. I just thought Twilight Princess wasn´t difficult at all in that respect.

    As for the most difficult of 3D Zeldas I´d probably go for Majoras Mask xD Altough I beat it when I was a lot younger, so maybe if I play it now it´ll be a lot easier, who knows :x... Or maybe Ocarina Of Time Master Quest...

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    Oh, no no, not more difficult than the other 3D Zeldas :x just more difficult than Twilight Princess lol...I didn´t die either, but I mean more about the puzzle and dungeon difficulty. I just thought Twilight Princess wasn´t difficult at all in that respect.

    As for the most difficult of 3D Zeldas I´d probably go for Majoras Mask xD Altough I beat it when I was a lot younger, so maybe if I play it now it´ll be a lot easier, who knows :x... Or maybe Ocarina Of Time Master Quest...
    I recently played through Majora's Mask again, I still found it pretty tough for a Zelda game. Not like, Adventure of Link tough...but much more difficult than most Zeldas that's for sure.

    I honestly had a lot of trouble with some of Twilight Princess' dungeons. Especially that Sky Temple place. I didn't have any issues with Skyward Sword...but that might just be because I've kind of figured out most of Zelda's tricks at this point lol.

  10. #50
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I recently played through Majora's Mask again, I still found it pretty tough for a Zelda game. Not like, Adventure of Link tough...but much more difficult than most Zeldas that's for sure.

    I honestly had a lot of trouble with some of Twilight Princess' dungeons. Especially that Sky Temple place. I didn't have any issues with Skyward Sword...but that might just be because I've kind of figured out most of Zelda's tricks at this point lol.
    Yeah, for me MM is the hardest 3D LoZ title. The Great Bay Temple alone sets it comfortably at that spot for me. As for TP, I really only had problems with the Water Temple, otherwise it was incredibly easy. SS temples were easy too, I can't really think of a specific temple I had a problem with, they all felt really short too.


  11. #51
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,045
    Fi, Navi, Midna, Tatle, etc

    hottest
    most annoying
    bravest
    etc

    discuss!

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    So I just received the game and I was wondering if it was slower than Ocarina at the beginning parts? Is it a long Zelda game? How big is the world compared to others? Where would you put it out of all the Zelda games on chart?

    No spoilers please.
    It's okay. I would say it felt a bit shorter than Ocarina of time, but it has a larger world. I was never inclined to be a completionist in that game (since I didn't really take to it well enough), but my brother completed it in 69 hours. Exactly.

    It takes a while to actually get into the dungeons, especially in the beginning. There's a certain mechanic you need to do in order to access the world as Link proper, and it felt a bit repetitive and annoying, but the dungeons (save one of the later ones, I shan't name it) are fairly nice, if on the easy side.

    The art style really bothered me. While it fits with the darker story, the art was very bland and sour. I was watching a friend of mine play in one of the temples, and the most vibrant and appealing thing on the screen was Link's shield.

    LINK'S SHIELD.

    Everything else was brown. Or the earthy green of link's outfit.

    Mind it was an earthy temple, so the coloring makes sense, but even the spirit temple in OOC had some vibrancy.

    In terms of its place among other recent(ish) console Zelda titles? In my book, it's dead last out of Windwaker, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess, as I played it on the Wii, felt more like a way to test the capabilities of the WiiMote, rather than a way to expand the Zelda universe. It didn't really add anything to the series.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2013-02-25 at 07:04 AM.

  13. #53
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,752
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Fi, Navi, Midna, Tatle, etc

    hottest
    most annoying
    bravest
    etc

    discuss!
    That's a little too off-topic for the purpose of this thread.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    You can't.
    That fact made me cry a little inside after I got deep enough into the game to realize just how bad the controls felt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •