Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lol @ Blizzard's "Philosophies"

Was looking at the front page today when I saw this little gem.

Meta-gems and Trinkets
    - All of the PvE Legendary meta-gems, the Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen and Rune of Re-Origination now have a reduced chance to proc against players. We're not crazy about hidden penalties like this, but we don't want PvP players to feel obligated to pursue these raid items in order to stay competitive.

(Source) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=48#953

So.. they don't want PvP players to have to PvE. Yet they have no issues with making PvE players PvP for the legendary when they have to do this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32389 (or the horde equivalent).

Anyone else starting to think Blizzard has no idea what they are even talking about anymore, or is it just me?

It's really funny to see PVErs complaining about having to PVP when the best weapons for years were from high end raiding (and I think the best weapons still are from PVE regardless of the lack PVP power on them). But uh, yeah doing a few battlegrounds is SO MUCH HARDER than raiding to the highest tier~

Winning two BGs =/= Doing all of the Legendary Questline

Winning two BGs =/= Farming a raid instance for possibly weeks

Anyone else starting to think that the players bitch before having a clue what they are bitching about, or is it just me?

it didn't kill you to afk in a few bgs. be glad it didn't require you to win RBGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You had to do just 2 random bgs. It took me less than half an hour to get both of them covered, how is that "making PvE players PvP for legendary"?

Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    It's really funny to see PVErs complaining about having to PVP when the best weapons for years were from high end raiding. But uh, yeah doing a few battlegrounds is SO MUCH HARDER than raiding to the highest tier~
    He/She is kinda right on this sarcasm. Doing and winning a couple of bgs is like doing LFR. You win some and you lose some. To compare pvp to pve encounters, you have to liken arena and rated bg to normal modes (and be above 1500), Hardmodes are like tier 2 stuff (2200), and I guess glad is like, world firsts? I don't know, seems like it's a better fit, but by no means will there be a consensus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    Anyone else starting to think Blizzard has no idea what they are even talking about anymore, or is it just me?
    Take a look at Mage changes and it'll prove you right even further.

IW being dispellable is the last nail in the coffin for them pulling full retard. IW now will simply remove the 6% damage if you use it since it will be dispelled almost instantly in high-skill matches.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two battlegrounds. It's just two battlegrounds. It's far from being anything worth even talking about. This isn't like the holiday events that require you to do some crazy crap in battlegrounds to complete achievements. It's just winning two battlegrounds and you're done with the quest. Hell, on low population realms, you'll have a harder time killing the Krasarang boss than you'll have doing any other part of the quest, incuding the battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Take a look at Mage changes and it'll prove you right even further.

IW being dispellable is the last nail in the coffin for them pulling full retard. IW now will simply remove the 6% damage if you use it since it will be dispelled almost instantly in high-skill matches.
    I wouldn't call it *Fullretard* Then again I'm a bit more mature then that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    He/She is kinda right on this sarcasm. Doing and winning a couple of bgs is like doing LFR. You win some and you lose some. To compare pvp to pve encounters, you have to liken arena and rated bg to normal modes (and be above 1500), Hardmodes are like tier 2 stuff (2200), and I guess glad is like, world firsts? I don't know, seems like it's a better fit, but by no means will there be a consensus.
    Yeah, if they had to be 2k + rated in Arena (or whatever is high now, haven't kept up with Arena since BC) then he'd have my sympathies.

But I can't sympathies with people who responded to our forced to raid complaints with "it's a PVE game deal with it kids".

Was looking at the front page today when I saw this little gem.

Meta-gems and Trinkets
    - All of the PvE Legendary meta-gems, the Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen and Rune of Re-Origination now have a reduced chance to proc against players. We're not crazy about hidden penalties like this, but we don't want PvP players to feel obligated to pursue these raid items in order to stay competitive.

(Source) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=48#953

So.. they don't want PvP players to have to PvE. Yet they have no issues with making PvE players PvP for the legendary when they have to do this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32389 (or the horde equivalent).

Are you serious ?? whining about winning two random battlegrounds?? if that is the reason you "lol @ blizzard's philosophies"... then I LOL @ YOU. Enough said.

Ok, so since it seems like people like to jump the gun and just talk a bunch of dumb as soon as they see PvE and PvP in the same sentence. Let me spell this out for you.

I PvP and PvE. I'm not complaining about one, or the other.

What I am saying is. They don't want PvP players to have to feel like the have to PvE at all. Yet, anyone that wants the legendary, has to PvP.

It seems pretty hypocritical to me, that's all I was pointing out.

I don't think either aspect should be forced to do part of the game they don't like (PVP vs PVE), but they both do, and PVPers have it so much worse that it's laughable.

Ok, so since it seems like people like to jump the gun and just talk a bunch of dumb as soon as they see PvE and PvP in the same sentence. Let me spell this out for you.

What I am saying is. They don't want PvP players to have to feel like the have to PvE at all. Yet, anyone that wants the legendary, has to PvP.

Yes it is, but PVPers have been forced into far more high end PVE for years so build a bridge and get over it IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    This horse is already dead, and WE killed it! We're monsters! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pve-quest-line.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Are you serious ?? whining about winning two random battlegrounds?? if that is the reason you "lol @ blizzard's philosophies"... then I LOL @ YOU. Enough said.
    You should never be forced into PvP - it is/was against Blizzard policies. After all, who wants players in BG's that dont know what they are doing and dont want to be there in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

The difference being that winning two battlegrounds is hardly comparable to having to do PvE for trinkets and legendaries. It's comparable to doing 5 man dungeons for trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

random bgs are hardly "doing pvp"

Don't look at random BGs as PvP. Approach it as PvE with bad AI.

Deleted
    I can agree with the fact that doing 2 bgs is nothing compared to doing an entire raid instance with a 10% chance of it to drop. But it is annoying to do 12 silvershard mines battles because your team sucks, untill you get the credit.. especially when you don't give sh*t about PvP. Imo they should've put up a more difficult challenge instead of that quest.

The fact that you consider doing 2 BGs (which took me maybe 15 minutes total to complete) is at all equivlent to grinding 3-4 weeks of raids for Sigils, killing a lv93 elite with 150M HP (Can be 2-3 manned, but still), and clearing Sha (LFR, Normal, or Heroic) is the ridiculous thing. If you came here expecting people to side with you and call Blizzard retards you should try again another time. If you don't have 15-20 minutes to spare to win a couple BGs, even as a PVE'er, then you probably shouldn't be playing the most Lore-Heavy xpac to date and doing a Legendary Quest line that is just a giant chain of Lore bullshit.

While I think it was silly that they did it (making you complete bgs, especially with the current pvp power system), it isn't the end of the world.