Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I know, asking you to win 2 battlegrounds is asking for so much. I don't pvp either and I had no problems doing these BGs, espeically since it tied in with the whole killing the opposite faction thing and it wasn't asking for much.

There is a fine line between a half hour of your time and 'forcing' players to farm a 12 boss instance for the *last* boss week after week until they get the item that allows them to remain competitive. The equivalent for PvE would be forcing you to reach a certain arena rating and having enough points to buy a trinket they mistakenly didn't realize was the best PvE trinket even though it was intended for pvp. Doing two BGs until you win each one once is hardly anything to ask from you.

So, in short, stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    Anyone else starting to think Blizzard has no idea what they are even talking about anymore, or is it just me?
    I think it's adorable how you think the two are comparable by any fathomable stretch of the human imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    It utterly destroys the design philosophy of IW and makes all 3 of our talent choices pointless in PvP. IW was the only choice we had and now we have none. It makes literally no sense to do this.
    Which has nothing to do with this thread and it's insulting to call it *Full on retard*. You should take your mage agenda elsewhere. Again you do not know how to use the word *retard* correctly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I barely consider random BGs as PVP..

If Blizzard was requiring that you win 2 arena matches or 2 RBGs that would be one thing... but for those that don't ever PVP, random BGs are a JOKE. Grab a healer to go with you and you'll win those two BGs in NO time.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    People complain for the sake of complaining, Blizzard will never win.

I think the clearest example of that was a 15+ page thread arguing about the new frog model, lol.

I actually think it's a good thing for players who might be tentative to jump into PvP. Was heavy into PvP during vanilla, dropped off a little bit in BC, and even more-so in WotLK. Time constraints and the disparity between PvE and PvE gear lead me to focus on PvE almost exclusively. I haven't really PvPd since, mostly just whomever tried to jump me while questing; I don't think I entered a single battleground throughout Cataclysm. Doing both of the battlegrounds for the legendary has rekindled my interest in that side of the game though, prepping a set of gear for IoT launch in the coming weeks.

Not a big deal, more annoying to do Change of Command on a med-low Pop server.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-02-23 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Can u just get over it ? Imagine that u had to get 9/9 challange mode gold to get the legendary meta gem instead of winning 2 random BG's it would be pure PvE content but 90% of the WoW PvE community would stuck on this quest (a.k.a the LFR heroes)...
    PvPers are not reuqired to do PvE for the PvE gear because they can still be competitive without them.
    Same counts for the PvE player,they are not required to do the legendary chain quest (where u have to do PvP in order to complete the chain) in order to be competiteve in PvE.

If u think it's too hard to do 2 random bg's just forget about the legendary chain, u don't need it in order to be competitive.
    Last edited by mmoc914a4f32fc; 2013-02-23 at 09:51 PM.

Huger difference between making a pve'er do 1 or 2 battlegrounds and making a pvper do months of grinding pve content for a gem.
    Furthermore STFU participating in pvp can only make your a more skillful responsive pve'er while the reverse cannot be said.

And no I am not saying that pvp requires more skill than pve because any dimwit noobie can ride the coattails of others in pvp but when it comes to the best of the best in both catagories pvpers are more knowledgeable of their class and use a wider array of the abilities given to their class on a regular bases while pve'ers would never use over half of their abilities if not for gimmick fights.

Deleted
    whining over winning 2 bgs?really?like Really?!
    fcking newcomers ding lvl10 and are able to chain a few bgs...but a high end raider can't take it?
    pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Don't look at random BGs as PvP. Approach it as PvE with bad AI.
    This man for president !

Huh, probably the most i've ever seen people on these forums agree on something.

Hopefully three solid pages of people saying the same thing convinced OP.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    This man for president !
    But then I'd have to deal with Congress, which also has bad AI.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Malevolent gear, and had to spend 3 days PvPing in order to get my socket for my Sha weapon. I would have much rather had it for raids, but instead I had to lose 41 games before winning one. Possibly a bad stroke of luck, but being forced into PvP as a PvE'r did grind my gears just a bit.

However, I don't think there is a current issue with how Blizzard is doing things.

It's nice that the developers are hell bent on FORCING (theirs that word again) players to do activities they'd rather avoid with rewards that are way to compelling.

Those things come back and forth. During BC, the best PvE weapons were those you got by doing arenas. It's nowhere near the same as of now, thankfully.

Was looking at the front page today when I saw this little gem.

Meta-gems and Trinkets
    - All of the PvE Legendary meta-gems, the Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen and Rune of Re-Origination now have a reduced chance to proc against players. We're not crazy about hidden penalties like this, but we don't want PvP players to feel obligated to pursue these raid items in order to stay competitive.

(Source) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=48#953

So.. they don't want PvP players to have to PvE. Yet they have no issues with making PvE players PvP for the legendary when they have to do this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32389 (or the horde equivalent).

Anyone else starting to think Blizzard has no idea what they are even talking about anymore, or is it just me?
    LOL@you. You're seriously comparing farming legendary PvE items with afking/winning two paltry BGs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't a fan of having to do 2 Bg's in PvE gear, but you can't honestly compare it to the advantage high end pve has for pvp. It's dumb as fuck..just remove the proc from players entierly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    It's really funny to see PVErs complaining about having to PVP when the best weapons for years were from high end raiding (and I think the best weapons still are from PVE regardless of the lack PVP power on them). But uh, yeah doing a few battlegrounds is SO MUCH HARDER than raiding to the highest tier~
    PvP and PvE need to be separated as much as possible, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, WHY ARE YOU STILL CRYING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING TO DO TWO FREAKING LOUSY BGS. Honestly, not trying to sound TOO rude, but how freaking butthurt can you be?

Second of all, I don't get why they reduced the proc chance of those meta gems as they shouldn't even be USEABLE in PvP gear. How hard would it be to have PvE gear have a different meta gem slot than PvP gear? (Or PvP gear having a different meta gem slot than PvE would be more reasonable)

I'm pretty sure those gems aren't even viable for PvP before the nerf. Surely the PvP meta gem is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    So.. they don't want PvP players to have to PvE. Yet they have no issues with making PvE players PvP for the legendary when they have to do this quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32389 (or the horde equivalent). Anyone else starting to think Blizzard has no idea what they are even talking about anymore, or is it just me?
    There is a difference between having to do Multiple raid encounters for weeks and having to do win two battlegrounds. Blizzard has no problem with people being forced or encouraged to dabble in one or the other. And having to win two battlegrounds is hardly an exhaustive process.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol yeah blizz has no idea what the game is about. What is wrong with blizz? Omg blizz omg.
    /sarcasm for the slow people.