Deleted

How can I diagnose a problem with my processor?

Google hasn't been much help.

Basically I logged in today and a game was telling me that I needed a minimum of 2ghz processor in order to run properly, which was weird since it has been running fine up until today. I did a system restore to get rid of the printer I installed but nothing changed.

This is my processor: AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2Ghz

Deleted
    Well, I'd instal CPU-z and check the core speed with it, if it says 3.2Ghz as it's supposed to be then I'd probably blame the game.
    Which game are we talking about again?
    Did you notice any change in performances in other games/daily activities?
    Last edited by mmoc325978b4bb; 2013-02-23 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry, Guild Wars 2!

Deleted
    Download CPU-z (or Speccy if you prefer it) and check the core speed. If it says 3.2GHz and GW2 lets you log into the game try and play 'til you can decide whether or not the performances increased or decreased. If it feels pretty much the same, it might just be the game that fails to read your CPU specs properly!

Edit: and if possible, could you copy and paste the whole message that GW2 sends you? ^^

Deleted
    Not initially but now I am noticing a pretty decent slow of the whole machine, keylogger or something?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:13 PM ----------

core speed reported as 3212Mhz

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:15 PM ----------

Game performance is still the same, 10fps before any of the action even starts and a massive startup time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Not initially but now I am noticing a pretty decent slow of the whole machine, keylogger or something?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:13 PM ----------

core speed reported as 3212Mhz

If in doubt always do a full scan with Malwarebyte, but I've never heard of malware that makes softwares read the wrong core speed.
    Does GW2 allow a "repair game" function? And if reinstalling the game takes less than a couple hours, I'd try to reinstal the game if you don't know what else to do :P

Edit:

Here, try this:

If you are having problems running Guild Wars 2, the data archive may have become corrupted. Please follow these steps to verify and repair the archive:

Locate your Gw2.exe file.
    Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
    Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
    Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
    Locate the Target line and add -repair to the end.
    Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe” -repair
    Click OK.

Double-clicking Guild Wars 2 Repair will begin the repair process. The game will launch when it is complete.

Note: Keep in mind that the verification and repair process will run each time you double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut. If you would like to play the game immediately without repairing the archive, double-click on Gw2.exe or another shortcut without the -repair command.

Deleted
    "Hardware issue detected. Your system does not meet the following requirements: Dual Core 2.0GHz processor"

Deleted
    I think i might have found something, could you please select start and run "msconfig"?
    Once the windows opens, look for the section called "boot" and look for programs you don't recognise. If there's a software called RTSS deselect it, otherwise would you mind printing/typing the ones you don't know here? ^^

Deleted

Is that a bad sign?

Deleted

Is that a bad sign?
    Aaaw, sorry I meant the startup window, my Windows 7 is in Italian and I failed to translate that correctly *sadface*

Deleted
    Ok the ones in there I don't know are:

Akami Netsession client
    Iminent
    Iminent Messengers
    CmiConfig Dynamic link library
    TurboV evo
    Six engine

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:50 PM ----------

The repair command just finished, still get the same message about the processor

Deleted
    Ok the ones in there I don't know are:

Akami Netsession client
    Iminent
    Iminent Messengers
    CmiConfig Dynamic link library
    TurboV evo
    Six engine

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:50 PM ----------

The repair command just finished, still get the same message about the processor

Perfect, I'm betting 10 dollars that if you deselect TurboV evo and reboot you'll be able to play.
    Also, remove Imminent from your control panel, it's a freaking annoying toolbar :P

Edit, I assume you didn't use that software to overclock, so removing it shouldn't be an issue. Should it cause troubles, just reselect it and reboot. ^^
    Last edited by mmoc325978b4bb; 2013-02-23 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Have you enabled cool and quiet in the BIOS ?
    if you have, then you could try disabling it, or having a look for it and seeing if it is enabled. if it is disable it.

Had a similar issue when I was using an Athlon processor in the past.

Deleted
    I need 10 dollars

Q_Q

Deleted
    I need 10 dollars

Q_Q
    Sigh D:, try what Siggma said, looking for similar issues on Google it's probably something enabled in the BIOS or some kind of software to auto-overclock either your GPU or CPU, probably :P