[TV] Black Mirror

I felt obliged to recommend this TV show, I'm not sure why, but it is one of the darkest, most fascinating pieces of viewing that I have ever had. Unfortunately the shows are only produced in a mini series, with next Monday's episode being the last in the current series. Each episode is a self-contained parable about technology and the modern world, and the horror it can create, so if you are interested in technology, social media and the like I would heartily advise you watch them. Indeed, even if you aren't that interested the shows still raise very interesting and sometimes uncomfortable questions about morality and modern society.

The show airs on Channel 4 in the UK, and can be found on 4OD.
    Did you like the above post? How about sending me a dollar? I'd have adverts here but apparently that'd break ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I felt obliged to recommend this TV show, I'm not sure why, but it is one of the darkest, most fascinating pieces of viewing that I have ever had. Unfortunately the shows are only produced in a mini series, with next Monday's episode being the last in the current series. Each episode is a self-contained parable about technology and the modern world, and the horror it can create, so if you are interested in technology, social media and the like I would heartily advise you watch them. Indeed, even if you aren't that interested the shows still raise very interesting and sometimes uncomfortable questions about morality and modern society.

The show airs on Channel 4 in the UK, and can be found on 4OD.
    I just started watching this last night on netflix. It was odd, the season order on Netflix is Season 3, 2, 1 rather than 1, 2, 3. O course before I began watching I really didn't understand the premise, so I read up and discovered that it is an anthology. So I began with Season 3: Episode 1. I fell in love immediately with that one.

I really enjoy how thought provoking the show is. Yeah, it is a mind fuck, and yeah it is dark as hell. But the parallels to reality is what I find really interesting. I only made it through 3 episodes as they are 1 hour each, and I began watching it late at night. But I plan to binge the hell out of this every chance I get.

Rated 5/5 (which is a joke only understood by those who watched S3:E1.
    Check out my band @ centennials.bandcamp.com
    Have a listen to our new EP, "Fin".

The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.

Yep, loved this show. 5/5 rating indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I also just recently watched this after ignoring it for a long time. It's pretty much a modern Twilight Zone, not that that's a bad thing. I liked about 80% of the stories.

There's certain things that are consistent between some of the episodes, you can Google the specifics if you want.

I think my favorite one is where the guy plays the game that makes you live your deepest fears. I like his greatest fear was essentially losing his mind through a series of worse case scenarios inside of worst case scenarios. Probably how the system, if perfect, would play out in real life, except for the end... which was awesomely ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I think my favorite one is where the guy plays the game that makes you live your deepest fears. I like his greatest fear was essentially losing his mind through a series of worse case scenarios inside of worst case scenarios. Probably how the system, if perfect, would play out in real life, except for the end... which was awesomely ironic.
    This episode was great. When he first sat in the chair in the white room, I totally called the ending. However throughout the episode, I threw my theory out the window, only for at the end to be right back to where I thought it was going.

The amount of thought that this show offers is great stimulation. I love it.
    Check out my band @ centennials.bandcamp.com
    Have a listen to our new EP, "Fin".

The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.

I've watched the first season(? 3 episodes) couple of years ago, gotta check up with the newer stuff. I've seen the prime minister pig fuck thing and the weird bicycle money game thing, can't remember what the 3rd episode was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

Also loved the show. 5/5 from me as well.