I just hit 50. At what point is questing faster than LFD as a tank?

I'm just curious I'm trying to hit 78 ASAP and I hate BC and wrath questing so much .__.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking at level 50-58 is generally slow because nobody wants to queue for the awfully boring Blackrock Depths dungeon and it's outdated dungeon layout.

At 59-68 it'll fly through at which point it slows down again for the Northrend dungeons which are really only worth doing once each as they unlock for their quests.

So quest mostly through Northrend while doing dungeons as they become available...after that 80-85 is a breeze and 86-90 is what you'd expect for current content.

10+ Year Old Account
    50-60 i didnt dungeon at all because blackrock is boring as hell and the people dont know what to do when it comes to lower or higher spire they either pull all the room or try for jenkins title even though they already wearing the title.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Is it worth it to get the quests for bc dungeons?

Hm. I wish they redid them so the dungeon maps are like those in new world

Fwiw, I'm not wearing heirlooms. Does that make questing any faster compared to dungeons then?
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post

Fwiw, I'm not wearing heirlooms. Does that make questing any faster compared to dungeons then?
    imo questing always seems too be the fastest in the long run =P

Really? I seemed to blow through to 50 with minimal questing :P
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    yea blackrock depths is kinda boring but it only lasts for a while so imo its worth queuing especially Detention Block is super fast. And UBRS / LBRS are always fun when ppl have no clue where to go .
    But imo always be qued and quest meanwhile if u cant find a grp

i level the fastest from 50-58 through quests, 58-68 through instances, 68-80 quests, 80-85 quests, 85-90 quests. if you want to improve your questing speed overall, i would recommend monomyth. this addon automatically picks up and delivers quests for you, automatically skips gossip, highlights the reward that is worth the most at the vendor, and more. you can literally run to a quest giver, click them while moving past them, and it will automatically accept the quests fast enough for you to continue on your way without having to stop.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

All the quests are inside the dungeons now, no matter what dungeon. I found questing to be faster mostly due to inflated numbers in zones like the Blasted Lands.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Never if you're in full looms and only level when you have rested.

Without rested, quest while queuing each dungeon once for the quest.

This applies to all roles/classes and all level ranges.

Deleted
    I'd say once you hit 62 only do new dungeons for quests and then keep away from them. Spam wotlk dungeons between 68-71 and once again only run for quests. Same thing goes for cata ones (78-81). Only do panda dungeons once they are very inefficient when it comes to xp/hour.

Since heirlooms apply to all experience, it doesn't matter.

Deleted
    i just hit 50 aswell on my hunter and am really dreadin the dungeons at the moment D:

I don't get why anyone hates BRD, UBRS, or LBRS. Probably one of my favorite highlights in the 15-60 dungeon experience.

Questing is more efficient, i'd say. At any level range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Questing is more efficient, i'd say. At any level range.
    Indeed this. For the most efficient leveling, do dungeons when you either A) have at least 10 bars of rested xp or B) have a quest in that dungeon, and quest otherwise.

You can pretty much do nothing BUT dungeons from 50-80. After you exhaust the quests in the dungeons, though, lvlng speed will decrease by around 30% (I.E if you spend enough time doing dungeons without rested xp bonus or dungeon quest to get 10 lvls, you could have gotten 13 lvls in the amount of time spent dungeoning if you quested instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are a tank or healer lfd is fastest til 80 then from 80 to 90 mostly questing with doing each dungeon once for quests is fastest. if dps, questing while in lfd que is best til 80 then from 80 to 90 questing while doing each dungeon once for quests is fastest
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-02-24 at 02:26 AM.

Do what you feel is more fun, it will go by faster. For me, clearing the entirety of BRD with my groups was a blast, and I made an effort to do it almost every run. This included the spectators above the Ring of Law even after they were neutralized. We would kill just about every damn mob in there.