Final verdict on a Build

building a pc for a friend of mine , heading off to buy it tommorw

Budget=1100$=(8k egp) can go up to (9k)
    Resolution 1080p
    Games / Settings Desired: WoW,SC2,GW2,BF3 As much close to ultra as possible
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc):Nop
    Parts that can be reused : nothing , but already baught a Samsung 840 120gb so take that into account
    Do you need an OS? nop
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? need to include a monitor into that budget

He is simply building a pc that can manage the current games hes playing , with the power to manage newer games that might get em interested (he mostly plays (mmos and fps games) . he dedicated this budget so he wont have to do any major upgrades in the near future (1-2 years).

A site that can be checked for prices egprices. com/

We were hitting a certain store to buy stuff off and this is what they got so far

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 1650LE
    CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 230LE
    MB:ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Socket 1050LE
    Ram:CORSAIR Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2 x 4GB) 375LE
    GPU: option 1:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 2750LE
    option 2:SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD 7950 2300LE << Mostly to save a few money and get free games
    HDD:Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TB 500LE (the store says they are out of 1tb green)
    PSU: option 1:XFX proseries 550watts 500LE
    option 2: Seasonic 520watts 475LE
    Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2 625LE
    Monitor : Samsung SyncMaster S22B300B 22 inch LED LCD Monitor 875LE
    ----------------------------------------------
    total=8600ishLE

Some prices are tiny bit different than on egprices but that is the prices the store gave us but is not a huge difference to bother with
    what else : the idea on going down to 7950 was to stay within the minimum budget cuz the screen sort of throw us out of it

So Let me know about the final verdict or any changes that can or should be made ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty solid. My only thought is,if you want to go for the 7950, you might consider the 7870 XT... if you can get it there. It's still relatively new, but it's a LOT cheaper than the 7950, and about the same performance. Otherwise that's a pretty bangin system. I don't know prices/stores in that area so I can't really speak for price/performance... But knowing other systems, if you can afford that setup, roll it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I don't quite understand what's going on with the GPU budget, but if for any reason you decide on the 670, just get the 7970 instead for the same price. It's a no brainer if you're going to be dropping that amount of money.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Edited out for being repeated
    Last edited by deboug; 2013-02-25 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    With those prices AMD card seems like the smart choice.

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB GDDR5 2625LE

SAPPHIRE FleX HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 2175LE

Asrock Z77 extreme 4, Extreme 3 and Pro3 comparison If you're looking to save some money:

ASRock Z77 PRO3 700LE
    ASRock Z77 Extreme3 950LE

For the case, if you're looking for alternatives I recommend this:

CORSAIR Carbide Series™ 400R Case 625LE
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R (mainly if you need to save)

Then perhaps you can get a bigger monitor?

BenQ G2420HDB 999LE
    Philips 247E3LHSU2 1250LE

Chaz the 7870 xt is yea not available here yet , hence is why i didnt check it out

glo the whole idea is the fixing the whole budget , as orignaly his budget is 8000LE and he is willing to extend it but would rather not do so . And i was checking what we choose and the gpu seemed the most proper choice to thin on

notarget Thx for the time you took to check for the prices , we are heading out to buy stuff now and i think am gonna substitute for the 7950 + Asrock exterme 3 , and go for the philips 24 monitor or at least recommend that for him anyhow .

a quick question though , the power supply wont hurt being 550w when it comes to overclocking the cpu+gpu ?

all and all thx for the help

550W PSU is fine for that build.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deboug View Post
    Chaz the 7870 xt is yea not available here yet , hence is why i didnt check it out

glo the whole idea is the fixing the whole budget , as orignaly his budget is 8000LE and he is willing to extend it but would rather not do so . And i was checking what we choose and the gpu seemed the most proper choice to thin on

notarget Thx for the time you took to check for the prices , we are heading out to buy stuff now and i think am gonna substitute for the 7950 + Asrock exterme 3 , and go for the philips 24 monitor or at least recommend that for him anyhow .

a quick question though , the power supply wont hurt being 550w when it comes to overclocking the cpu+gpu ?

550 will be fine for your build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deboug View Post

You're welcome and good luck!