Poll: Would you like to see all pre-revamp raids reimplemented into the game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Reimplementing old raids/instances (Naxx40/ZG20/Scholo/SM/ST)

Here's a list of instances whose classic form has been altered/removed sometime in WoW:
    -Naxx40
    -Zul'Gurub 25
    -Scholomance
    -Scarlet Monestary (all of it)
    -Sunken Temple
    -Shadowfang Keep

I feel like these should be reimplemented, in some form. I'm not saying get rid of the current ones, but add a 'classic mode' option to the dungeon difficulty screen that would allow us to see the Pre-Cata version of all these instances. A lot of people I'm sure would like to see the old content and get a shot at the items/gear pieces/profession patterns that these old raids/dungeons had. I don't think any of these should have been removed in the first place.

Anyone else want these to be reimplemented?
    Last edited by Byniri; 2013-02-23 at 11:47 PM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and im honestly pretty tired of people that just cant let go of the past not specificly you op, just a lof ppl that ive known and seen on forums. Seriously, wouldnt you rather new stuff? You've already done all that unless ofcourse you didnt play back then. Maybe im just the type of person that likes to moves forward and not in nostalgia land :P
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-23 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    No, and im honestly pretty tired of people that just cant let go of the past. Seriously, wouldnt you rather new stuff? You've already done all that unless ofcourse you didnt play back then. Maybe im just the type of person that likes to moves forward and not in nostalgia land :P
    It's more about the gear and items that were back in those raids, some of them look pretty damn awesome and it's a shame they were dumped because of revamps.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    It's more about the gear and items that were back in those raids, some of them look pretty damn awesome and it's a shame they were dumped because of revamps.
    Lots of weapons are actually getting re-introduced with the new Blacksmith thing in isle of thunder in 5.2. A huge number of them actually....but I guess I can understand that.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-23 at 11:51 PM.

no no no no dear Light no.. noooo ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    no no no no dear Light no.. noooo ;(
    Why?

I don't see any major negatives with this.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Why?

I don't see any major negatives with this.
    Negative: Continuing to support old content = time.

Please let's move on. In fact I'm in favor of taking out a lot of old content. MC/BWL/AQ etc... (but they won't do that now that they added those pets...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, I would prefer Blizzard spend their time focused on new content rather than wasting resources on a bunch of old content so the few people who get nostalgic can run it once every year or 2 just to reminisce about raiding in the old days

This has been suggested numerous times and the opposers always have the same opinions. It's either:

a) I don't want anyone to get the "rare" thing I have.
    b) I don't like the past.
    c) They won't have enough time to make the next expansion!

I think they should have done this right from the beginning, nothing should ever be removed from the game. Updating stuff is fine as long as the original is still accessible.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-24 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Negative: Continuing to support old content = time.

Please let's move on. In fact I'm in favor of taking out a lot of old content. MC/BWL/AQ etc... (but they won't do that now that they added those pets...)
    I'd have to imagine that the old content is still in the game's files, and wouldn't take too much effort to reimplement.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

I'd have to imagine that the old content is still in the game's files, and wouldn't take too much effort to reimplement.
    Correct. All it needs is access via a portal or NPC to be added to the game somewhere. It's literally 10 minutes work, max.

No point in bringing back more content you could solo just for patterns etc. Anyone of those items could be brought back in a different way if that is your only reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Correct. All it needs is access via a portal or NPC to be added to the game somewhere. It's literally 10 minutes work, max.
    Then this should be extremely easy to reimplement.

If you want it to have a 'lore-like' explanation, just have an NPC in the Caverns of Time who allows you to 'revisit' past excursions in WoW's history.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    No point in bringing back more content you could solo just for patterns etc. Anyone of those items could be brought back in a different way if that is your only reason.
    If they readded all patterns/mounts/item drops/etc that were removed in the revamps, I would be fine with that as well, just as long as they still require 'somewhat' of a challenge.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Lol I doubt you could even find the section of code you'd need to change in 10 minutes yet alone test for bugs to make sure something isnt broken after you made any change to it.

Deleted
    2/5 only first two.

Not many ppl care about going back in time and even if they did something to allow you to play them the old way being a lvl 90 in a lvl 60 dungeon/raid is just dumb anyways the nostalgia of raiding these old dungeons and instances are burned into the brains of the players that actually raided them during there peak why would you want to go backwards as an overpowered giant ?

Then this should be extremely easy to reimplement.

If you want it to have a 'lore-like' explanation, just have an NPC in the Caverns of Time who allows you to 'revisit' past excursions in WoW's history.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 07:05 PM ----------

If they readded all patterns/mounts/item drops/etc that were removed in the revamps, I would be fine with that as well, just as long as they still require 'somewhat' of a challenge.
    Well that is the option you're going to have to be patient and wait for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is the option you're going to have to be patient and wait for.
    Yeah, it would probably be the solution Blizzard would go for if they ever decided to reimplement those items.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Lol I doubt you could even find the section of code you'd need to change in 10 minutes yet alone test for bugs to make sure something isnt broken after you made any change to it.
    Um, the game isn't 100% code you know... They don't program bosses and edit the game by typing code, they edit the game via software that displays everything in icons and words and handy little palettes. It can be done almost entirely with a few dozen mouse clicks.

I don't understand why people oppose the idea so aggressively... it's as if they take it as a personal insult.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-24 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    As someone who hates to let go of things, I really miss the old SM dungeons already. I don't want the "cool new re-imagined" dungeons. I want my old ones.

Also, that new Commander dude. Can't take him seriously. Every time I hear "But my legend!" all I hear is a fat German kid going "But meine strudel!"