Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if CB's rollover is still 25% now, or if it's even necessary at this point.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually if you want all three grimoire choices to have a opportunity for taking (or say at least two of them), you want to aim for GoSac being slightly behind in single target and pulling ahead with cleave involved, otherwise there's just no point picking GoSup. I agrre it sucks that stats weights change radically when switching from one to the other though.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    shhh don't tell it too loud GC might be watching !
    Sounds like he was! :P

Well, more like /wrists but you know.

WHY'D they have to nerf Sacrifice AGAIN

Destro is going to be so far behind both demo and affliction now it's not even funny.

Deleted
    But for me then, who almost always use a GoSup Shivarra, the DPS will be increased yeah?
    As all I've read and noticed is how they buffed my generators and nerfed the GoSac, which I rarely use.

@Lemie:

If you always used GoSup then this is nothing but buffs for you.

Deleted
    Sweet times ahead then.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Imho this is just a myth or can you actually prove this statement?

Quote from GC in the Beta-Class-Balance-Analysis thread:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The intended fel energy regen rate is 10 per second, modified by spell haste. If you have 30% haste, your pets should regenerate 13 energy per sec. I’m not sure exactly how it’s bugged right now; I believe it’s actually getting 23 per sec or perhaps 26. Regardless, 10*(1+SpellHaste%) is the intended regen rate.
    Source: MMO-Champion Blue Tracker
    It was something someone said in another post there, and since he didn't correct them I presumed it was true. I guess he was just referring to Mastery.

Deleted
    So now with the Gosac nerf I'm assuming using gosup/observer will be more dps than the Gosac build? so we now favour a haste build or what? :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sounds like he was! :P

Well, more like /wrists but you know.

WHY'D they have to nerf Sacrifice AGAIN

Destro is going to be so far behind both demo and affliction now it's not even funny.
    I was just about to regem and reforge all of my gear to go with these stat weights when I saw today's huge nerf.

Does anyone have any hard math on whether or not this spec is useful? If it is really behind all of the other specs, then I'll just dump it. I haven't felt good about Destro in two or three tiers. T13 it was half-assed unless you used exploits (Blackhorn) and had some iffy spots elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    So now with the Gosac nerf I'm assuming using gosup/observer will be more dps than the Gosac build? so we now favour a haste build or what? :s
    It's looking like single target is Sup/Obs with Haste=Mastery>Crit and cleave is still the same but 10% worse than before. :/

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    I was just about to regem and reforge all of my gear to go with these stat weights when I saw today's huge nerf.

Does anyone have any hard math on whether or not this spec is useful? If it is really behind all of the other specs, then I'll just dump it. I haven't felt good about Destro in two or three tiers. T13 it was half-assed unless you used exploits (Blackhorn) and had some iffy spots elsewhere.
    Well there's no point in reforging/gemming until 5.2 hits, unless you were talking about on PTR.

As for hard math, no. However if nothing changes I highly doubt Destro will be Demo/Aff on any fight this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's looking like single target is Sup/Obs with Haste=Mastery>Crit and cleave is still the same but 10% worse than before. :/

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 06:10 PM ----------

Well there's no point in reforging/gemming until 5.2 hits, unless you were talking about on PTR.

As for hard math, no. However if nothing changes I highly doubt Destro will be Demo/Aff on any fight this tier.
    Thank you kind sir, you're the man.

Deleted
    Did I miss something? These two are less than 1% difference. The only one that got nerfed is the sacrifice one. So for single target damage we are in the same place.

Sacrifice 157295
    Sup/Observer 156800

We also don't have any numbers yet for Affliction (which got nerfed also) or demo which I assume people are now expecting to be the leader but again with out any hard numbers it just assumptions. My only grumble is there is less choice if Sac is so far behind Sup.

Deleted
    Yeah you're missing something :P

Its not really the single target issue that has us annoyed. In a way it's more the loss of identity the spec had. Destruction was the cleave and spread AoE spec. That was its niche. Nerf to sacrifice really hurts our cleaving capabilities.

Single target we've had destruction buffs, true. But now for aoe/cleave fights we've had sortof nerfs (incin buff did boost our aoe, but aoe range nerf in turn hurts it a bit. Sacrifice nerf was a direct nerf to cleaving damage), so we'll likely see people run as affliction or demonology for those fights (probably affliction for fights with small weak adds for the infinite shards and demonology for the sturdier adds where we can multidoom for more wild imp procs).

Praying blizz rethink this sacrifice nerf. As a destruction lock I wield unstable chaotic fire, and the idea of sacrificing my minion to siphon off part of its power to augment my unstable chaotic fiery madness really appeals to me on a character level. (plus i love playing destruction. burn heathens!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Any change to Havoc will probably come in with the AoE/multi-target numbers pass, so don't rule out a nerf yet.

Deleted
    Any change to Havoc will probably come in with the AoE/multi-target numbers pass, so don't rule out a nerf yet.
    It's nice to be optimistic, but if they ever do such a pass I expect more a FnB nerf-to-the-ground than anything else.

IMO, they will nerf more affliction and put the 3 specs close in dps.

It´s clear that they want us use pets... The problem will be fights with cleave.

My concern is about RBG using GoSup or GoService... My pets is so fragile and probably will die in first pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    IMO, they will nerf more affliction and put the 3 specs close in dps.

It´s clear that they want us use pets... The problem will be fights with cleave.

My concern is about RBG using GoSup or GoService... My pets is so fragile and probably will die in first pull.
    PvP is a different world, numbers matter less: see Frost Mages/Sub Rogues since pretty much forever.

Isnt cleave an AOE? pets still get the 90% damage reduction from aoe's. I've respecced into supremecy and pulled the succubus out on LFR's just to see how they do and ive had her survive through aoe damage heavy fights. One thing i have to give blizzard is that this expansion they are pretty robust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    PvP is a different world, numbers matter less: see Frost Mages/Sub Rogues since pretty much forever.
    I know... But now (5.1) I play in RBG or BGs with destro using GoSac... When I use GoService or GoSup, enemies usually kill my pet easily... This is a problem if in 5.2 GoSup or GoService will be the way to go (single target and cleaves). But, it´s my point of view.

In other hand, I like the idea to use pets in PvP... We will get more control with succubus. =)

I´m only worried about my pet´s life...

I used to love watching my Felhuter run back and forth to waves of adds that die before he reaches them. Destro does't even have the luxury of the Imp to multi target with anymore.

Fights where for some reason the floor mesmerizes my pet and he attacks...nothing.
    Buffs that don't buff the pet.
    Stats that don't help the pet.

I suffered through moon well chalice pet swapping, micro managing Felhunters bite so it lined up with shadow flame. Playing petless for a while was fun. I don't like GC's imperial edict that I was doing it wrong. There were other ways to encourage those that wanted to use pets to use them. There were other ways to nerf Affliction.