View Poll Results: Would you play an Ogre / Like them to become playable?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in a heartbeat

103 35.03%
  • I'd like them if they were playable but might not make one myself

56 19.05%
  • No.

97 32.99%
  • Don't care

29 9.86%
  • Other

9 3.06%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you play Ogres if they were made available?

I would, I know a lot of people like to argue that they're 'too dumb' to be playable but they're described as 'deceptively cunning' in WC3, so while -yes- An ogre's never going to make a flying machine or anything, they're generally smart enough in a practical sense to get things done, otherwise they wouldn't be able to have independent villages and such.

As for the 'too big' argument, while most ogres would never fit through doors, there are also ogre mobs that are Tauren sized, so we could play some of those, and maybe the 'active' racial for the ogres could make them larger and do more damage/healing? Something to that effect.

As for the 'too ugly' / 'no female model' stuff, they'd likely get a new one once made playable and if Blizz can make female pandaren they can sure as hell make female ogres.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

No, cause of their physiology, except if Blizzard success when remodelizing ogres.

I would prefer Mok'Nathal.

Of course. It might be my first real alt.

Doubt I would, they're not really my thing. But that doesn't stop me from wanting them added. They would round out the Horde.

BTW, was doing Dominance Offensive and the Horde is using Ogre Mages on Pandaria. Possible hint to them becoming playable?
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Yes, atleast to do their starting zone. If I end up really liking the model and animations, I'll keep leveling it.

I would love them added to the Horde, they'd make a great addition next to Orcs and Trolls but I only wonder what race would be given to the Alliance if this did occur.

They can't just unmake Ogres from being big and clumsy. And if taurens have problems fitting through some doors, imgaine Ogres
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

Nah. Never really cared for ogres, lore-wise or aesthetically.

They'd have to get a bloody impressive model to compel me to roll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    They can't just unmake Ogres from being big and clumsy. And if taurens have problems fitting through some doors, imgaine Ogres
    Didn't even read the post eh?

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

No, i'd rather see them add hozen as playable race.

no. theres just nothing cool about them except for maybe some lore parts that I dont know but who picks their characters for lore reasons?
    ~

Yes, if I could name both heads and argue with myself ;P
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    no. theres just nothing cool about them except for maybe some lore parts that I dont know but who picks their characters for lore reasons?
    I do. And... probably a few of the people that hit yes.

They should already be a part of the horde, I dont know why they arent, yeah ide love to make an ogre, the customizations would be awesome. I mean, half of the work is already done, they have most of the emotes they might need to get scaled down but eh thats about it.

I dunno if you could make an expansion based off them, but you could probably just add them in as an extra race.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I do. And... probably a few of the people that hit yes.
    They're a cool race in theory, but they'd need to do some serious character model updates beforehand. If Rexxar became leader of their tribe that would make it all the more badass, but like I said, some serious model reconstruction would need to take place, like what was done to the Goblins.
    Also a 2-head option for caster ogres would be the greatest thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    They're a cool race in theory, but they'd need to do some serious character model updates beforehand. If Rexxar became leader of their tribe that would make it all the more badass, but like I said, some serious model reconstruction would need to take place, like what was done to the Goblins.
    Model revamps like that are done to every race, blood elves and worgen had it done too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Ide say thats a given though, no matter what race gets added, from now on they will be relatively high quality in comparison to the others, its within blizzards power.

Having ogres as a playable race would be shrektacular. But i think if i think too hard on the subject i might get a bit ogrezealous.

I don't think i'd play one though, because i couldn't come close to comparing myself to my lord and savior Shrek.

I think they'd be fun. Ogre arms warrior seems like it'd be fun.

er.......no