Poll: Would you play an Ogre / Like them to become playable?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you play Ogres if they were made available?

I would, I know a lot of people like to argue that they're 'too dumb' to be playable but they're described as 'deceptively cunning' in WC3, so while -yes- An ogre's never going to make a flying machine or anything, they're generally smart enough in a practical sense to get things done, otherwise they wouldn't be able to have independent villages and such.

As for the 'too big' argument, while most ogres would never fit through doors, there are also ogre mobs that are Tauren sized, so we could play some of those, and maybe the 'active' racial for the ogres could make them larger and do more damage/healing? Something to that effect.

As for the 'too ugly' / 'no female model' stuff, they'd likely get a new one once made playable and if Blizz can make female pandaren they can sure as hell make female ogres.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    No, cause of their physiology, except if Blizzard success when remodelizing ogres.

I would prefer Mok'Nathal.

Of course. It might be my first real alt.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt I would, they're not really my thing. But that doesn't stop me from wanting them added. They would round out the Horde.

BTW, was doing Dominance Offensive and the Horde is using Ogre Mages on Pandaria. Possible hint to them becoming playable?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yes, atleast to do their starting zone. If I end up really liking the model and animations, I'll keep leveling it.

I would love them added to the Horde, they'd make a great addition next to Orcs and Trolls but I only wonder what race would be given to the Alliance if this did occur.

Deleted
    They can't just unmake Ogres from being big and clumsy. And if taurens have problems fitting through some doors, imgaine Ogres

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Never really cared for ogres, lore-wise or aesthetically.

They'd have to get a bloody impressive model to compel me to roll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    They can't just unmake Ogres from being big and clumsy. And if taurens have problems fitting through some doors, imgaine Ogres
    Didn't even read the post eh?
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i'd rather see them add hozen as playable race.

Deleted
    no. theres just nothing cool about them except for maybe some lore parts that I dont know but who picks their characters for lore reasons?

Yes, if I could name both heads and argue with myself ;P
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    no. theres just nothing cool about them except for maybe some lore parts that I dont know but who picks their characters for lore reasons?
    I do. And... probably a few of the people that hit yes.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I do. And... probably a few of the people that hit yes.
    They're a cool race in theory, but they'd need to do some serious character model updates beforehand. If Rexxar became leader of their tribe that would make it all the more badass, but like I said, some serious model reconstruction would need to take place, like what was done to the Goblins.
    Also a 2-head option for caster ogres would be the greatest thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    They're a cool race in theory, but they'd need to do some serious character model updates beforehand. If Rexxar became leader of their tribe that would make it all the more badass, but like I said, some serious model reconstruction would need to take place, like what was done to the Goblins.
    Model revamps like that are done to every race, blood elves and worgen had it done too.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Having ogres as a playable race would be shrektacular. But i think if i think too hard on the subject i might get a bit ogrezealous.

I don't think i'd play one though, because i couldn't come close to comparing myself to my lord and savior Shrek.

I think they'd be fun. Ogre arms warrior seems like it'd be fun.

Deleted
    er.......no

Wouldn't roll one but if players made that thud when they hit the ground dead like ogre npcs did it'd be a lot of fun hunting them in BGs

10+ Year Old Account
    I would change my Orc shaman into an Ogre.