View Poll Results: Would you play an Ogre / Like them to become playable?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in a heartbeat

103 35.03%
  • I'd like them if they were playable but might not make one myself

56 19.05%
  • No.

97 32.99%
  • Don't care

29 9.86%
  • Other

9 3.06%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Absolutely.

Ogre Warrior + Bloodlust.

Good memories.

Definitely. An Ogre Shaman would be classic.

I don't really care if they get added one way or the other, but I personally wouldn't play one.

Not really interested, no. Unfortunately, the impression they leave at this point is slow and not-very-bright, WC3 notwithstanding. I suspect after the initial "oh boy" moment in the sun when new, they'd eventually settle into one of the least played races in the game.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

I'd love to play one. We've already seen ogres in full armor, ogre warriors, mages, shaman, warlocks. They would probably make decent priests, too. Paladins: no. Monks: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And they could be rogues ONLY IF their stealth mode is them walking around crouched with their hands over their eyes, going "Can't see me!"
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    don' t care. they would be another evil horde race. also to make them a player class and get them right would be very difficult to balance.

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

Previously I would've said no...

http://ogrila.org

But this site won me over.
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    don' t care. they would be another evil horde race. also to make them a player class and get them right would be very difficult to balance.
    Troll spotted.
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Previously I would've said no...

http://ogrila.org

But this site won me over.
    Merciful god burn it with fire!

When I play my Horde toons I play them for the "big ugly" factor that defines the Horde, so yeah I would.
    I can also see them being put into the Horde simply because they're actually rather similar to the Kalimdor Horde races and so wouldn't need to any fiddling with to make them work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Merciful god burn it with fire!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...on-d5i4cfr.png
    This better?
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

I have no worgen, no dranei, no pandas, and I don't see me rushing to make a ogre as it is even worse than these.

I'd love to see them introduced mid expansion (I know it would never happen).

Just give them lvl 1-5 and then they get onto a boat to Durotar and then quest as normal.
    Give the Alliance the High Elves the same way. Both I believe are great parts of their respective side just not expansion draw cards... Maybe a ten year birthday gift to customers

Eh, I prefer clever races. And less likely to get stuck in doorways.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

I hate ogres.

Well i have http://www.wowhead.com/item=49704 So i already play one^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

I don't really do horde so that's a huge barrier to playing an ogre as I can't see them ever being an alliance race. I've put no as they there is very little chance I would ever have an ogre as a regularly played character. Would probably make one, do whatever new starting area they have and then delete it. If I had beta access the ogre would probably never make it to live, much like my goblin.

I wouldn't play one. If i want to play a fat guy i play my pandas, at least they look a bit fierce with their claws and teeth. Even if the Horde pandas would be cunning, all Ogres in the game are dumb, clumsy creatures and that's how they are perceived by the players. And the fact that they remind my constantly of Homer Simpson doesn't help either.

I personally wouldn't roll one, but I wouldn't mind if they were a playable race for the horde.

My question is what would the counter alliance race be?

lore: they match perfectly with the horde, there's more history avaiable than there was for pandaren or worgen or w/e
    remodel: that's a given, they'd do it
    females: ugh, no way around ugly ones, but then again, so are mail ones. most dont play ugly female worgens/dwarves/tauren etc., but hey, who wants to make out with his avatar? I can only agree that ugly races, especially in the horde, are part of warcraft. I think many races are to humanized even, and could use some "uglyfication". Maybe make it a indistinguishable race (males and females look the same) and make two headed ones hermaphrodites :P. Okay, okay, just kidding ^^.
    classes: warriors, hunters, mages, warlocks and shamans come to mind instantly. I guess there could've been ogres during the third war that were turned into death knights (more easily than for draenei/worgen). Priests maybe tbh they dont fit any better than tauren, but hey, we've got sunwalkers and tauren priests now, right?. Which leaves paladins and leather classes. I guess monks would be the most credible out of them, though I dont doubt you could explain a druidic source of powers (they managed well with worgen and trolls, after all).
    starting zone: looking at that ogre.site, there seems to be enough ideas going around. Others could include ogrila sending envoys with apexis cristals to ogre encampments of the horde or unaffiliated ones on draenor and cause those primitive ones to evolve, and a sky-rocketing birth of two headed ogres, which developed leadership and spellcaster qualities etc etc.
    leader: rexxar, that's easy

And if you can make chubby pandas a race, ogres shouldn't be a problem. Make them just a teeny tiny bit bigger than tauren and it should be fine even with doorways

yes I would play an ogre (they'd have to make separate jokes for the two-headed ones though, that would be hilarious). And cast animations would probably look hilarious on those as well, each head/hand doing their own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.