Poll: Would you play an Ogre / Like them to become playable?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    No, i'd rather see them add hozen as playable race.
    While I agree with Hozen want, I wanna see some fuckin' ogres. Rad as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    what about those dryad/keeper of the the grove thingies? they're on the side of the nightelves and would bring some unique stuff: quadrupedal race
    would make mounts kinda akward (maybe a night elv form for mounting, similar to worgens have their human form) and require lots of work in terms of armor, but I think they'd be cool... warriors, hunters, druids, mages, priests I could imagine them as... well, monks are not possible (rolls and jumping kicks, yeah right) rogues maybe (deer can be very quiet) and death knights, well, worgen and nightelves can be death knights, so why not. Maybe add shamans to the cart as well. Elements and spirit doesn't seem that much a stretch form a race able to be mage and druid.
    That's an interesting suggestion. The only major issue would be mounts.

If that were to happen, I'd totally roll a male version as a Balance Druid. Keeper of the Grove was one of my favorite WC3 heroes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    While I admire the effort, I'm against "cute'ing up" every female model. We don't want another "Worgen female case"...

The problem with Ogres and Hozen is that... they're generally semi-intelligent, I mean, they know how to handle tools, how to communicate in their own tribe, but it's that. I highly doubt they could all fit right in the Horde, this is probably why Ogres aren't aligned yet. (Yes, Hozen are partially-aligned, but only one "tribe".)

Of course there are exceptions, MANY exceptions actually. Still poses a problem. Same with troggs, maybe just a little more extreme. They're generally stupid as rocks, but there are intelligent specimens as well. Still doesn't make them a suitable race, not in a long shot.

As for single mercenaries - definitely yes.
    As an actual new race to choose from - I have serious concerns. In my opinion, seeing bazillion of newly created Ogres right after that given expansion start isn't going to be lore-wisely justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'd have to agree. Some people would love to play them, but they're just not a very interesting race overall. They've always been the big dumb targets that make dumb comments and fall over with a thud. I couldn't imagine an Ogre leading a party, or a raid, they'd just run around smashing things.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I remember the original April Fools Joke by blizzard, announcing that one of the playable races for WoW would be a double-headed ogre, with one player playing one head and another, and me and my buddy were totally into it. Would definitely play one of those

as they are right now blizz would have to remake the models for them. Unlike goblins all forms of ogre are hostile to both factions as far as im concerned, they could do the half orc/half ogre people from nagrand with rekkar or whatever his name is as the leader.

Other than that it doesnt seem there are better alternatives. All we have are the ogre costumes from dire maul until they add in some form of ogre race(if they ever do)

Deleted
    I'd play one on an alt to give it a go, depending on the racial bonuses but I doubt I'd choose one as a main.

Deleted
    With the current direction they would be changed to look like Shrek and go around with a pet talking donkey.

There are NO female ogres! Not! Isn't lore destroyed enough? I don't want it, all fairytales!

I think that if they were to add anymore races, Ogres would make as much sense as any other to the Horde, but they would definitily have to have some OP racials to make me play them. And if they were added I think they would be the horde's gnomes... Actually, I think I'd spam BG's as ally just to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    There are NO female ogres! Not! Isn't lore destroyed enough? I don't want it, all fairytales!
    What are you talking about lorewise there are female ogres, one in dustwallow marsh even mentions black dragons killing his wife.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if I can play a race that let's goblins ride on their backs like Donkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Don't know if I can play a race that let's goblins ride on their backs like Donkeys.
    Are you kidding me? That's awesome Should be a racial ability . The ogre doesn't move any faster, so it'd be like a riding turtle but fun anyway .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Are you kidding me? That's awesome Should be a racial ability . The ogre doesn't move any faster, so it'd be like a riding turtle but fun anyway .
    I'm down for Ogre mounts.

like I said, check out ogrila.org - it covers all the bases.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    No, cause of their physiology, except if Blizzard success when remodelizing ogres.

I would prefer Mok'Nathal.
    Mok'nathal would require a remodelisation too as they are just currently big, brown orcs.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Been waiting for it for too long, I'd roll one in a heartbeat.

Deleted
    No, I wouldn't play an ogre. I'd probably try it out but I can't play races I'm not interested in lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    No, I wouldn't play an ogre. I'd probably try it out but I can't play races I'm not interested in lorewise.
    I'm interested in the lore actually, I wanna know what happened to Krol and more about the Draenic Giants and early history of Draenor.
    Twas brillig

Yes... and anyone that says no is a damn liar.