Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I am from Iraq so my name is Said....guess it's ok, if only my last name wasn't Said too...

Said Said. Dead serious.

-_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I dislike a lot.
    Sheniqwa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I am from Iraq so my name is Said....guess it's ok, if only my last name wasn't Said too...

Said Said. Dead serious.

-_-
    Wouldn't it be pronounce 'sah-eed' though? Or is it literally pronounced like the word 'said'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    My name is James but i go by Jimmy. I don't hate my name because I lucked out in the cool name department. What if I was named Nico or some stupid shit like that.
    Nico is a sick ass name. I like it. To each their own, I suppose.

Anyways, when I was younger I hated my name because it's an anglo name (my name is Dennis and I'm of Mexican decent), and I was really racist against white peeps (I was young and ignorant). Now, I embrace it fully because it is unique among my fellow brown folk down here in SoCal. I wouldn't want a name like Juan, Jose, Miguel, etc. Yes, I have the unique snowflake syndrome!

Ironically, one of my uncles is named Juan Jose! lolololol
    Last edited by Sand Person; 2013-02-24 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Wouldn't it be pronounce 'sah-yeed' though? Or is it literally pronounced like the word 'said'?
    You are right. Though my friends since they are mostly Dutch give me nicknames like SedSed or something of the like, I like that. :P

Absolutely hate mine, so I go by mark.

My name is Emily. I hated it when I was younger because it was so common and uninteresting. I've learned to appreciate and actually like it over time. It suits me well enough.

Btw, I love the name Nico.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right. Though my friends since they are mostly Dutch give me nicknames like SedSed or something of the like, I like that. :P
    To be honest I kind of like how it's pronounced. Makes me think of Lost. Which I hate. But I love the character in it!

15+ Year Old Account
    my full name is Jarin Johannes Gerardus Straver, normally in dutch company i'll just go with my regular name. Jarin, but when i'm with english speaking people i use John (second name), as nobody seems to be able to pronounce my name, also, it's less wierd :P.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Deleted
    My name is danish and Bjørn, doesn't really work out well on the internet when nobody has a clue how to pronounce it

pretty cool that it means bear though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    To be honest I kind of like how it's pronounced. Makes me think of Lost. Which I hate. But I love the character in it!
    Hmm, don't watch that series, but just googled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, don't watch that series, but just googled it.
    Great first 3 seasons but then they just start making shit up as they go and leave over 100 unfulfilled plot lines by the end. Lazy writing at it's finest. There's a great character in it named Sayid though. He's one of my favorite.

I like my name, Travis, but I hardly ever get called it besides family and my GF. Everyone else either calls me Lambear (my last name is Lambert) or just Lambert. Hell if somebody calls me Travis I often don't even think they are talking to me.

My name is Justin. I didn't feel strongly one way or the other until that Bieber chick got famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    My name is Robin, I quite like it. It works in many languages and it's easy to pronounce. It's one of those names that work for both genders as well I guess, although around here it's almost exclusively a male name (I'm a dude), where as in the US I think it might be more common as a female name?

I hate mine, it's only understandable in the province I live in... Pier-Olivier is my name by the way.

i like my name. it's pretty unique actually, people are usually like O.o

though i like my name, i usually go by my middle name, since it's shorter.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love my name coz it is awesome and I was named after a Scottish town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jean-Philippe. You can imagine how people in the U.S. pronounce it.... I go by J-P.