Poll: Will the sequester result in a "Pearl Harbor II"?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Since when has losing money mean getting dirty?
    I consider having to make reductions to services that benefit the public to be dirty in a sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I consider having to make reductions to services that benefit the public to be dirty in a sense.
    That's not dirty. I mean I get the sentiment to not want our defenses weakened horribly. I want a safe America but the public has to be functioning well so there should be a balance. But hey that's just me. I could be talking out of my ass for all I know.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Why has no one mentioned North Korea?

They've been flexing their nuclear program for years now. They hate America. They aren't able yet to carry a payload to Hawaii, but if they ever are I'd be worried if I was the governor of Hawaii as well since they're the closest high profile American target to Asia.
    I wouldnt be worried about north korea. Their entire army is mostly a sham. Half of them will fall over to famine and mal-nourish while a quarter will abandon north korea for a better life and the rest will be taken care of easily. Not to mention they are a poor country and china wont support them because they need america as much as america needs china trade wise.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    Are you stupid, troll or something in between? You think Al-Queada, the taliban, north korea or Iran will round up an army to charge over to freaking Hawaii??? Hawaii isn't exactly the Navy Base of the US it used to be. The only reasonable example you bring up is China but that won't happen anytime soon. Like think about it really-they can only attack Hawaii during the winter months (when they have tourists) to make any impact at all....... Not really but you catch my drift. The only reason Pearl Harbor happened was because we had our entire Navy there... We don't anymore... Al-Queada may seem like the old Japanese as they fly planes into buildings but they don't have the power anymore....
    Holy moly take a chillaxative and just sit the fuck down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think they are talking about it being less secure to attack from japan(because that would make no logical sense at all), just in general.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    I wouldnt be worried about north korea. Their entire army is mostly a sham. Half of them will fall over to famine and mal-nourish while a quarter will abandon north korea for a better life and the rest will be taken care of easily. Not to mention they are a poor country and china wont support them because they need america as much as america needs china trade wise.
    North Korea has the 4th largest active military in the world. If you include reserves they're second only after China. Their country is poor, but because they're a dictatorship they just take things from the citizens and give it to their military.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mber_of_troops
    Last edited by YuneKirby; 2013-02-24 at 06:09 AM.

Dangit!! The Japanese are gonna get us again. I saw this coming. I think we should make our military buget 50000000000000000x what it is now, so we outspend EVERY country in the world and in the universe!!! Also hmmm..like I always say I LOVE our Military Industrial Complex. I bet the Hawaii Governor is crying because of course the naval base is a huge employer to the state and Oahu. Like I say its government welfare but both sides ignore this.

Unlike our bases in Germany and Phillipines at least Pearl Harbor is located in the United States and is part of our national defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YuneKirby View Post
    North Korea has the 4th largest active military in the world. If you include reserves they're second only after China. Their country is poor, but because they're a dictatorship they just take things from the citizens and give it to their military.

So they have double the personel than South Korea, but South Korea has 3 to 5 times the budget. North Korean military is big, but they have no money. And no you can't just take money from your citizens, if these citizens have no money either.

(And they are the 2nd biggest army behind russia, you sould read your link better, china has not that big of an armed force)

Deleted
    Last time I checked the U.S.A isn't Dolphins or Whales.

all of that is well and good, but how's their navy? unless they plan on having that large army swim there. they flat out dont have the means to realistically engage anybody that far from them, especially over an ocean. while they might pose plenty of threat to south korea i dont understand how anybody thinks they could possibly threaten major US territory in any meaningful fashion
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

drastic draconian cuts... wow.. seriously? 85 billion out of a budget of 3.5 trillion. is that even 1%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    drastic draconian cuts... wow.. seriously? 85 billion out of a budget of 3.5 trillion. is that even 1%?
    yeah its just above 2%
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted

Yet they are still using Soviet era equipment and no doubt outdated tactics. They would be up against battle hardened forces that have been at war for the last 10 years, armed with the latest in personal fighting gear, latest generation aircraft and tanks as well as Drones and other things I am not allowed to talk about.

Seoul would be a wreck, but so would the whole of North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    ...The fanatics who ruled Japan in the 1930s/40s are gone.
    ...And the US fanatics that used the nuke on Japan because they couldn't win the war are gone too.

With tensions growing up between Korea / Japan and China, I would't reduce your pacific defense.

Inc Gundams on Pearl Harbors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/h...-politics.html

Is anyone else concerned about this? I've heard that sequestration is 85 BILLION in cuts to future spending increases. Do you think this might leave us vulnerable to the Japanese?
    Japan won't attack America, they have no motives and have a good relationship with each other. It's a higher risk that the Chinese, Russians or North Koreans attack Pearl Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    Al-Queada may seem like the old Japanese as they fly planes into buildings but they don't have the power anymore....

Infracted.
    Al queda flew planes into buildings?

10+ Year Old Account
    The US gov cannot continue to keep spending over a trillion dollars a year above what it brings in. Bring on the sequestration. The never ending spending will end up much worse then the short term pain of the sequester.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The US gov cannot continue to keep spending over a trillion dollars a year above what it brings in. Bring on the sequestration. The never ending spending will end up much worse then the short term pain of the sequester.
    Why not? Reagan spent his way out of a recession and the debt he incurred was fixed later by others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Why not? Reagan spent his way out of a recession and the debt he incurred was fixed later by others.
    pshah, reagan was a deity in human form that eliminated taxes, was a paragon for the 2nd amendment, and personally broke communism with stones fired from his jockstrap

/sarcasm for those that missed it, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    ...And the US fanatics that used the nuke on Japan because they couldn't win the war are gone too.

With tensions growing up between Korea / Japan and China, I would't reduce your pacific defense.

Inc Gundams on Pearl Harbors
    Ok... Korea I get (specifically North Korea)...

But Japan and China? eh? China, if anything, will have to face a civil war when their economy blows up - and Japan doesn't have a military to speak of anymore, unless they're going to throw Hello Kitty plushies and singing toilets at us...