Poll: Will the sequester result in a "Pearl Harbor II"?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Neil Ambercrombie is a god damn idiot btw .. just like to add that in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    we nuked them twice already. im sure if they get froggy we can do it again. just the fear of us being able to will keep them in check.
    I don't think its the nuking of Hiroshima or Nagasaki that's going to stop Japan from bombing Pearl Harbor again.

I think its the fact that they're allies with us now that'll stop them. The fanatics who ruled Japan in the 1930s/40s are gone.
    Putin khuliyo

Last I checked, we were on pretty good terms with Japan. How is this an issue?

and why would they even think of bombing their #1 travel destination.. if we didnt have japanese tourist here, wed be royally fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post
    Do you think this might leave us vulnerable to the Japanese?
    You know WWII ended almost 70 years ago, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the hell does it even mention Japan you idiots?!
    Pull your heads out of your ass.

OT: Who cares America is about to collapse anyway.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take offense to this, if I was japan, I mean come the fuck on z.z

So I guess we are of the consensus that Japan is no threat; thank you that puts my mind at ease! What about other threats though? I mean if the sequester goes through and these drastic and draconian cuts to our critical Pacific infrastucture occur, does that mean citizens in Hawaii should begin arming themselves against a possible invasion by China, Al-Quaeda, the Taliban, North Korea, Iran, or gosh knows who? And if they do arm themselves, could we get an exception to the 15 round clip rule, or at least have Biden come down with a boatload of shotguns for everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post
    So I guess we are of the consensus that Japan is no threat; thank you that puts my mind at ease! What about other threats though? I mean if the sequester goes through and these drastic and draconian cuts to our critical Pacific infrastucture occur, does that mean citizens in Hawaii should begin arming themselves against a possible invasion by China, Al-Quaeda, the Taliban, North Korea, Iran, or gosh knows who? And if they do arm themselves, could we get an exception to the 15 round clip rule, or at least have Biden come down with a boatload of shotguns for everybody?
    Lol, invaded by the Taliban and AQ eh? I don't think you should worry much about that, or any "invasion" really. I highly doubt the Pacific Fleet is going to be put out of commission, the joint chiefs are using scare tactics. They can cut stupid programs like the Littoral Combat Ship or F-35 to save money, not drop force readiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even..... you act like Japan is just lying in wait for the United States to slip up and then they will enact their revenge. Maybe that's why they have been trying to build Gundams...all the pieces are falling into place.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Could I get a source on this?

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19461...s-enemies.html

#2 and #5 are particularly relevant to this thread as far as the worry about Chinese and Korea.

As far as the "threat" from Japan, you only need to look at our defense budget vs theirs. The US spent more on our military in 2012 than the next 20 countries behind us combined.

I seriously don't get why people are getting so worked up over defense spending cuts as if suddenly spending less money (hint: Something we REALLY REALLY need to do) is an open invitation for the rest of the world to invade us. Are people seriously this delusional?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    a bigger defense budget does not mean anything if its spent on useless equipment or unnecessary spending.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    a bigger defense budget does not mean anything if its spent on useless equipment or unnecessary spending.
    With those billions we're spending on tanks, maybe we can just use them to drop on people. Get a cargo plane and push 'em out the back.

What needs to happen is more accountability in the defense contractor sector. Like I mentioned earlier about the Littoral Combat Ship, the first prototype Lockheed Martin made was barely functioning and had hull cracks. What happened? Oh, fund us more so we can make the next one better. Shit like that should come out of the companies pocket, if they can't make the product then put it for bid with someone who will. We dump so much money into programs like this, and companies like BAE, Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin know they can milk the government for double the initial price. Shit, just look at the F-35.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Could I get a source on this?
    When people get it right about "Wow is dead, this latest MMO will kill it for sure" then I'll believe an anonymously sourced prediction regarding the fall of any country or empire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    There's a difference between "useless equipment" and "high tech equipment we never use". If you've been reading a lot of articles lately about all of the "useless" equipment we've been spending our money on, what they really mean is we have been spending a lot of money on high tech stuff we don't actually need. If anyone ever does decide to invade us, not only do we have many allies, but our tech far outstrips any of our supposed enemies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The only thing about Japan in that article was this "referring to the base that was attacked by Japanese military forces in 1941 that resulted in the deaths of 2,400 Americans", and that's all most people know about Pearl Harbor. Anyone who read the article and thought that it meant Japan might attack us again, is a dope, plain and simple.

Basically he's saying that the budget reduction would result in 4 less work days for USPACOM employees, which in some way, would make us less secure. In short, the guy is a moron, and if I recall correctly, has the lowest approval rating of all US governers.

All in all...slow news day for Yahoo, nothing of worth to see there, ever.

What's all this about Japan? Look at China. If anyone's gearing up to invade Pearl Harbor, it's them.

I doubt 85 billion in cuts is going to be their cue to attack, anyway. "Quick! Less than 10% in total military spending! FOR THE MOTHERLAND"
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-02-24 at 04:16 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Where the hell does it even mention Japan you idiots?!
    Pull your heads out of your ass.

And what country is your silly little flag from? We will be sure not to send support.