Poll: Will the sequester result in a "Pearl Harbor II"?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    And what country is your silly little flag from? We will be sure not to send support.
    I heard being pretentious and arrogant is a good way to enforce stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    we nuked them twice already. im sure if they get froggy we can do it again. just the fear of us being able to will keep them in check.
    <inserts tongue firmly in cheek>

Why should we nuke them for surrendering?

<removes tongue from cheek>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Theres too much of it to not be a stereotype it seems.
    And people say we Americans are jerks. (Not directed at you)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

koo koo for coco puffs. plain and simple. and america jumped the shark WAAAAAY long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Why has no one mentioned North Korea?

They've been flexing their nuclear program for years now. They hate America. They aren't able yet to carry a payload to Hawaii, but if they ever are I'd be worried if I was the governor of Hawaii as well since they're the closest high profile American target to Asia.
    This. They just set off a nuke a couple weeks ago to prove they have it, and over the last three months have launched at least two missiles they reported as "satellite launches" just to prove they could hit us. They haven't hit us with anything yet, but it's quite possible they could hit continental US now, let alone Hawaii.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well I mean if you take MMOC's userbase, theres an unusually large amount of it.
    Sometimes I notice it, other times I don't. It depends if it's thinly veiled or not subtle. Sometimes I get tired of the hatred. But that's for another thread. I rather worry about North Korea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YuneKirby View Post
    This. They just set off a nuke a couple weeks ago to prove they have it, and over the last three months have launched at least two missiles they reported as "satellite launches" just to prove they could hit us. They haven't hit us with anything yet, but it's quite possible they could hit continental US now, let alone Hawaii.
    Pearl Harbor has probably higher military budget than the entirity of North Korea. And there is no country that has a real reason to attack the US, "we don't like you" isn't justification to begin with such a stupid move. (And that's not because your big ass military, but just there is no reason to burn money on something that would serve no real purpose).

And to the poster I quoted, what motivation would NK have to attack the US? They know South Korea is probably big enough to beat the in a war, let alone all the NATO, and whoever got involved after a nuclear incident. I would say North Korean leadership aren't the smartest people, but they are not that stupid. (They are actually more like behind the times, like 100 years)
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2013-02-24 at 04:46 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YuneKirby View Post
    This seriously has to be a joke, can't say I've seen/heard of anything in the news recently about pearl harbor. I have heard stuff about North Korea and their nuclear testing though, so it does seem to me like the US Government are prepping their people for yet another illegal war.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sometimes I notice it, other times I don't. It depends if it's thinly veiled or not subtle. Sometimes I get tired of the hatred. But that's for another thread. I rather worry about North Korea.
    the worst NK could ever do is fuck up south korea. and that would only give the US, japan, and possibly even china a reason to go in and fuck the shit out of them.

U know why i can garentee that america will ot be attacked by another country? Globalisation.

Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo View Post
    U know why i can garentee that america will ot be attacked by another country? Globalisation.
    i would think another terrorist attack for the things we are doing with drones and the like. can't really see anyone being up in arms over "globalization" when pretty much every country in the world does it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have nothing to fear from Japan, they are currently one of our closest allies and them attacking us would destroy their economy completely. China's economy would also completely collapse if they attacked us. Sure they pretty much own us, but they still sell us most of what they make, and if they went to war with us they wouldn't be doing that anymore and the country would crash instantaneously.

The only worry I would have is the off-chance of North Korea actually getting a working nuke into the air, and even then we have missile defense systems and North Korea is on China's leash.

All I see is some politicians spouting and pouting because they aren't getting what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much hatred but its cringeworthy & irritating when someones like "we own you" or something.
    You wouldn't hear me say that. I don't think we own anyone aside from ourselves.

the worst NK could ever do is fuck up south korea. and that would only give the US, japan, and possibly even china a reason to go in and fuck the shit out of them.
    I wish it wouldn't come to that but it may happen regardless.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a greedy person who wants to try to use paranoia to hold onto his money. The US has to lose something right now; you can't expect to get out of a debt hole without getting your hands dirty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    There will come a day in which arrogance like this will end. You are just begging for it.
    Doubt it. At least not anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Sounds like a greedy person who wants to try to use paranoia to hold onto his money. The US has to lose something right now; you can't expect to get out of a debt hole without getting your hands dirty.
    Since when has losing money mean getting dirty?

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wish it wouldn't come to that but it may happen regardless.
    me neither. but if i had the choice of invading: Iraq, Afghanistan, north korea. i would pick north korea in a heart beat. but of course since this is the real world and they don't have what we need then we ignore them aside from the fact that they "threaten" south korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    me neither. but if i had the choice of invading: Iraq, Afghanistan, north korea. i would pick north korea in a heart beat. but of course since this is the real world and they don't have what we need then we ignore them aside from the fact that they "threaten" south korea.
    why would you reinvade iraq or afghanistan?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why would you reinvade iraq or afghanistan?
    this is purely hypothetical, back when we had dummy Mc'Fuckwad (george bush jr) in office and he was thinking of invading someone. i wish he could have picked NK. but like i said Haliburton wanted Iraq.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post
    So I guess we are of the consensus that Japan is no threat; thank you that puts my mind at ease! What about other threats though? I mean if the sequester goes through and these drastic and draconian cuts to our critical Pacific infrastucture occur, does that mean citizens in Hawaii should begin arming themselves against a possible invasion by China, Al-Quaeda, the Taliban, North Korea, Iran, or gosh knows who? And if they do arm themselves, could we get an exception to the 15 round clip rule, or at least have Biden come down with a boatload of shotguns for everybody?
    Are you stupid, troll or something in between? You think Al-Queada, the taliban, north korea or Iran will round up an army to charge over to freaking Hawaii??? Hawaii isn't exactly the Navy Base of the US it used to be. The only reasonable example you bring up is China but that won't happen anytime soon. Like think about it really-they can only attack Hawaii during the winter months (when they have tourists) to make any impact at all....... Not really but you catch my drift. The only reason Pearl Harbor happened was because we had our entire Navy there... We don't anymore... Al-Queada may seem like the old Japanese as they fly planes into buildings but they don't have the power anymore....

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-24 at 06:16 PM.